Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

13 hours ago, brucey said:

:blink: I'm guessing the Porto fans are really, really unhappy right about now. Did we get the better RB? Odd than Man U wasn't even rumoured to be in for Pereira, although I probably wouldn't trust the judgement of their recruitment team.

You'd trust the judgement of ours though?

Not my favourite player by a long way but the attack on Sterling by the tabloids is appalling. I'm pretty sure they weren't shouting about it when Sterling donated 2 weeks wages to help out the Grenfell survivors. The guy also funds school programmes in Jamaica - that's had no publicity because he has just got on with it.

But hey, he's black and has a rifle tattoo on his leg so it's okay to assume he's scum.

I absolutely hate The Sun with a passion. Vile, racist, vindictive rag.

Edited by Paddy.
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Sterling's fault obviously... 

e952ac3edc6944dbd304b2a66d5f9959.jpg

That is disgusting. They're almost a parody of themselves, it would be funny if it wasn't so potentially damaging.

Why do people still buy this shit paper? Britain's best-selling daily - that is shameful. The Sun has a long history of breeding hate and inflaming social tensions and yet people lap it up.

Our media are repugnant beyond belief, particularly the red tops and especially the sun. They've had it in for Sterling for years for some reason. The rest aren't much better with the "sums up all that's wrong with football" headlines doing the rounds.

At least the FA have backed him and it may help with solidarity within the squad, but I'm fed up with these hypocrites in the media who will be drumming up support for the team when the tournament begins despite putting out these grubby stories that can destabilize the squad.

be buzzing if i was sterling, me. can’t think of many more ways to know you’re doing well in life than knowing that piers morgan, the sun and the daily mail don’t like what you do. be much more concerned if there was a sun article written about me saying our boy’s doing good. 

12 hours ago, StanSP said:

I watched the BBC review of the 1990 World Cup a few days ago, and I remember Gascoigne saying something similar - around the 19:45 minute mark:

The yellow press attacking the own national team surely has tradition in England.

18 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

I watched the BBC review of the 1990 World Cup a few days ago, and I remember Gascoigne saying something similar - around the 19:45 minute mark:

The yellow press attacking the own national team surely has tradition in England.

Like the pictures of Beckham in his boxers. The press love to do it. Watch them kiss arse if we lift it.

Just think back to the bollox we got. Then the arse licking afterwards.

Name date and price is about the only thing you should take serious.

Just now, urban.spaceman said:

Spurs might have to start next season at Wembley again because their new stadium might not be finished in time. 

Also, Chelsea have put their new stadium on hold...

They can't as you're not allowed to play your home games in two different stadiums in one season, I believe they've asked for their first few games to be away.

• Like 1