Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

This game shows the difference between top half and bottom half...presently...!!

Everton had the more positive players,and at present are better than Leicester...because they have been clinical

when chances popped up...

Their rebuild is with experienced and quality players....Leicester finding their way with young potential growing...

Everton pipped us,but were not better....

PAlace clicked last season...Roy,he is doing a fair job,they played some decent football,but again not clinical.I

Their techies didn't turn up...

The game was not has bad as some posted here,but nothing to write home about...I had it down as a draw,but like against

Leicester..Everton found some quality when it mattered...

• Like 1

Everton...at this moment seem to be the team to beat....for that top 6.

Everton,Bournmouth,Watford,are doing well at the moment...Throw in Wolves,and Burnley who I believe will come good,

That Top 10 will be a great scrap,and maybe Brighton might upset a few.

C.Palace will have their good days....Roy has to get more discipline into and that laziness from his experienced players...

Some of our fans will be bias,others just grumpy old turds,others repeating through every season that the standards are down,

Me ..I enjoy....observe!! Being away from home hype,see the PL with more faces...and from different angles...

From top leagues..Spain,German,Italy which I watch over the weekends/mondays...some full,some highlights..

I still prefer The PL,but enjoy the German Bundesliga,more than the other 2...(I speak/understand all the languages)

Though the Italians are slowly picking up again..

The top 5-6 are interesting in Spain,and can also produce entertainment at the bottom,but the PL somehow gives me more.

Our game debates..I feel are better...but the other 3 have also some great..post chit-that's and pundits!!!love or hate them!!f

I must be honest I don't follow the French league,so much....So unfair to judge..

Everton will finish above us this season even though the game between us was very close. I think they have more players that are at a better level right now compared to us. E.g. Maddison is pretty good but Sigurdsson is better right now, even if our player has more potential in years to come. Some of their signings such as Digne, Richarlison, Mina, Gomes, Zouma etc are more developed so will give them a better short term boost.

But I am still quite happy we are developing a team. Might take us a few seasons but if we can keep most of the core group together we should have a very good team IMO.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Everton will finish above us this season even though the game between us was very close. I think they have more players that are at a better level right now compared to us. E.g. Maddison is pretty good but Sigurdsson is better right now, even if our player has more potential in years to come. Some of their signings such as Digne, Richarlison, Mina, Gomes, Zouma etc are more developed so will give them a better short term boost.

But I am still quite happy we are developing a team. Might take us a few seasons but if we can keep most of the core group together we should have a very good team IMO.

Very unimpressed with Everton. Thought Palace were the more threatening team until the last 5 minutes of the game today. And let's face it, until Wes's brain fart, combined with Richarlison's play acting, we were looking well set to beat them a couple of weeks ago. They couldn't get out of their own half in the second half until that point. They have a lot of 'big name' players who look good on paper but whose careers are on the downward spiral. Silva is also as one eyed as Mourinho in his post match comments, which is pretty annoying. 

33 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Very unimpressed with Everton. Thought Palace were the more threatening team until the last 5 minutes of the game today. And let's face it, until Wes's brain fart, combined with Richarlison's play acting, we were looking well set to beat them a couple of weeks ago. They couldn't get out of their own half in the second half until that point. They have a lot of 'big name' players who look good on paper but whose careers are on the downward spiral. Silva is also as one eyed as Mourinho in his post match comments, which is pretty annoying. 

I agree they are unimpressive which is why it was even more frustrating to lose to them at home!

But I think they have enough good players to grind out more points that we do, or most of the other teams below the "big boys."

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

That's about how, I see it.

to be fair at the moment,they are looking good,and have the resources to step that extra notch up...

they just might be good enough to fight for 5th...

C.Palace are safe,and IMO could push higher up the league,and could upset some of the biggies...

This league and placings are far from over,Media writings often puts the wrong lean on things,too early in the season,

suprise s me after the seasons gone that Some fans start to make out,the relegation positions,or bottom 5 is a forgone

Conclusion...there are suprises,with more twists and turns,to be had and seen through the whole League...

Few teams are using youth,a few like Brighton , Burnley & Bournemouth have now some hardened fit PL players.

Wolves,Watford,West ham,have invested and thrown the cash,even when performances seems inconsistent,by Xmas these players,

Could be finding their PL bairings, though Injuries will have a say..

This is not a post, charging through with negatives...but the questions for Leicester coming on the table,which young individuals,

are fit enough to see the season through,without waning,or no injuries....plus the mental fight... 

That's why for me,players like Iborra,Silva,Evans,Morgan,Fuchs.  And the good well trusted Albrighton,all at different times and levels

bared on the natural back of neccesities,will still have a lot to say,right to the EOS....So calls of January releases and agreed departures

from within this forum is far too premature.

Our stars, like Chilwell ,Mendy Maguire,Amartey have the legs for a season...but injuries /cards the niggling doubt!!I

Ndidis indifferent form,leaves an open cut,that is not easily plastered over.IMO It leaves the defence open...

We can't run away from it and play ostriches,our most important new found position,that our new star Maddison,who maybe alone

has lifted our playing quality potential,has no same quality cover....If uninjured has he this season the legs with cup runs . to finish the  PL.??

These are the reasons,IMO we shouldn't put too an high expectations on our own dreams for this season...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

That's about how, I see it.

to be fair at the moment,they are looking good,and have the resources to step that extra notch up...

they just might be good enough to fight for 5th...

C.Palace are safe,and IMO could push higher up the league,and could upset some of the biggies...

This league and placings are far from over,Media writings often puts the wrong lean on things,too early in the season,

suprise s me after the seasons gone that Some fans start to make out,the relegation positions,or bottom 5 is a forgone

Conclusion...there are suprises,with more twists and turns,to be had and seen through the whole League...

Few teams are using youth,a few like Brighton , Burnley & Bournemouth have now some hardened fit PL players.

Wolves,Watford,West ham,have invested and thrown the cash,even when performances seems inconsistent,by Xmas these players,

Could be finding their PL bairings, though Injuries will have a say..

This is not a post, charging through with negatives...but the questions for Leicester coming on the table,which young individuals,

are fit enough to see the season through,without waning,or no injuries....plus the mental fight... 

That's why for me,players like Iborra,Silva,Evans,Morgan,Fuchs.  And the good well trusted Albrighton,all at different times and levels

bared on the natural back of neccesities,will still have a lot to say,right to the EOS....So calls of January releases and agreed departures

from within this forum is far too premature.

Our stars, like Chilwell ,Mendy Maguire,Amartey have the legs for a season...but injuries /cards the niggling doubt!!I

Ndidis indifferent form,leaves an open cut,that is not easily plastered over.IMO It leaves the defence open...

We can't run away from it and play ostriches,our most important new found position,that our new star Maddison,who maybe alone

has lifted our playing quality potential,has no same quality cover....If uninjured has he this season the legs with cup runs . to finish the  PL.??

These are the reasons,IMO we shouldn't put too an high expectations on our own dreams for this season...

:mellow:, 2 of those maybe

5 hours ago, Super_horns said:

We will probably fail to beat Huddersfield next week after the good win yesterday .

They haven't won all season whereas Wolves had the MOTM etc so typical of us to beat them.

Got Newcastle soon too .

You're not looking for sympathy on here are you lol lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Totally agree with you. Right now they are the better side with the better class of players, but if we can hold on to younger guys (prob not Harry as im sure he will be gone) but have Benkovic come back and step into Harry shoes, along with Barnes in an attacking force i think we can easily compete if not be better than them in the future. 

Like you say, its probably not going to be this season and perhaps not even next but if we can keep the core setup, the future sure looks bright for LCFC.

• Like 1