Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

I notice Danny Murphy having a sly pop at us again.  "It's nice to see Mahrez playing under pressure at a big club like Man City instead of playing with freedom for a small club like Leicester".  I know half of it is banter with Lineker but the consistency of his disregarding of us is wearing a bit thin!

Fulham spending over £100m plus a number of loans in the summer should serve as a reminder to some of our fans that spending that money doesn't guarantee any success.

I was also really impressed with the atmospheres at Cardiff and Huddersfield yesterday. Maybe we need a relegation battle to wake the KP up :whistle:.

1 minute ago, pazzerfox said:

I notice Danny Murphy having a sly pop at us again.  "It's nice to see Mahrez playing under pressure at a big club like Man City instead of playing with freedom for a small club like Leicester".  I know half of it is banter with Lineker but the consistency of his disregarding of us is wearing a bit thin!

I can’t stand the guy but he did say he was joking just after saying that 

6 minutes ago, pazzerfox said:

Seen his wife ? Bit of a yummy mummy … very attractive

18 hours ago, Tuna said:

Is Rafa unsackable?

But FT'ers want him as our manager.

17 hours ago, LinekersApples said:

Watford looked good today. Played some lovely stuff and always in control. very suprising after losing 4-0 at home to Bournemouth the other week. Great away win against the Champions elect

If they lost 4-0 to Bournemouth they must be shit - that's what I understand about teams that lose 4-2 to them.

12 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Only Sean Dyche could get hammered five nil away at Man City, cough up 69% of the possession, concede 24 shots to 5, 10 on target to 0 and still make it sound like he was robbed. 

Another must have manager for the FT boys.

If he isn't using his money to boost the squad etc, what is Mike Ashley spending it on at Newcastle?

Convinced, with the right support from the above, the club has very strong potential.

Surprised that, given the amount of people against him running the club and how his Sports Direct company has treated its employees in the past, he had passed the 'Fit and Proper Person' ownership test.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

5 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

If he isn't using his money to boost the squad etc, what is Mike Ashley spending it on at Newcastle?

Convinced, with the right support from the above, the club has very strong potential.

Surprised that, given the amount of people against him running the club and how his Sports Direct company has treated its employees in the past, he had passed the 'Fit and Proper Person' ownership test.

House of Fraser?

BUT lets not pretend they don't spend anything. They've paid £10m for a striker in the summer. Yes they don't spend compared to other clubs but blaming Ashley/ownership only goes so far. Newcastle look far worse now than they ever did before, even under McLaren. Brighton at home is a winnable enough fixture, even with Newcastle's squad.

11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Is it the six bottles of wine you’ve consumed ?????

?? I would like to say it was but I was completely sober writing that ? maybe it’s the cold I have messing with my brain. 

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

I am no Ashley fan.....but he saved their Ass!!!    He also on advice did spend in his early years and a few other times put money

Down for expensive player investment....where let's say the manager and players alike, didn't play to their expensive hype n value

We can all smirk,and show "Schadensfreude"........But the cache of a large fan base,and deep fanatical widespread support doesn't

Guaranteed success and stability..ditto for Sunderland,and London based clubs like West Ham,and the tribulations of C.Palace,

on a smaller scale. 

So where is that reasonable Ballance....Ashleys like and single man organisation,with no other backing seems to have gone,

The PL is beyond the old haulage/supermarket-chain days. The PL is now beyond those original W.class hands of understanding,

and actual affordability...though some STO, push the boat out...

I have no idea...because ,because of Ashleys resources he was doomed if those indirect investments didn't cut it!!!!

Was that really his bad,or his bad he just couldn't keep giving and couldn't find advice and support.

In such circumstances...how would any of us faired!!...???

Edited by fuchsntf

13 hours ago, Foxxed said:

I get the feeling Mahrez is a small fish in a big pond now. Seems a downgrade tbh: adding to a beating rather than being the reason for the beating.

I think that may well be his comfort zone. 

That squad surrounding you must be a plush, pillow-top comfort zone for anyone good enough to get in and play.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pazzerfox said:

danny drinkwater made him retire lol

19 minutes ago, KingsX said:

I think that may well be his comfort zone. 

That squad surrounding you must be a plush, pillow-top comfort zone for anyone good enough to get in and play.

tbf id say stepping up for the penalty last week in their biggest game of the season shows he’s not just there to play a kushty “vs burnley at home” role. he wants to be one of their key players. and he will be. 

• Like 2

My  favourite Dyche moment is one I unfortunately can't recall with great detail.  Burnley played away at Swansea. Burnley got a pen when it should have been a Swansea free kick (blatant handball by Burnley player). Swansea turned it around and they themselves got a dubious pen to win it. Dyche was whining extensively about that decision whilst refusing to acknowledge the equally bad pen his team got. That game for me summed up this bellend. He's got a small penis syndrome.

If anyone could recall the details of that game, it'd be a greatly appreciated. It was a couple of seasons ago.

Edited by Koke
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Koke said:

My  favourite Dyche moment is one I unfortunately can't recall with great detail.  Burnley player away at Swansea. Burnley got a pen when it should have been a Swansea free kick (blatant handball by Burnley player). Swansea turned it around and they themselves got a dubious pen to win it. Dyche was whining extensively about that decision whilst refusing to acknowledge the equally bad pen his team got. That game for me summed up this bellend. He's got a small penis syndrome.

If anyone could recall the details of that game, it'd be a greatly appreciated. It was a couple of seasons ago.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39086673

https://youtu.be/zCD2bpANIx8

• Thanks 1