Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

We need to start getting a bit of consistency because we are already falling behind 6th place. I know it's not likely that we will get 6th this season but don't want to fall to far behind do early in the season. 

5 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Glenn Hoddle is apparently seriously unwell..:(

Apparently the BT Sports football coverage, according to the BBC, is cancelled because of the situation.

Unbelievable if that’s the case as I seen him earlier this afternoon on BT interviewing Steven Gerrard and seemed ok it’s really shocking how quick things can change 

Glenn Hoddle: Ex-England manager seriously ill in hospital
16 minutes ago From the sectionFootball
Share this page
 Glenn Hoddle was a TV pundit at the 2018 World Cup and was pictured chatting to England players after their win over Colombia

Former England and Tottenham manager Glenn Hoddle is seriously ill and has been taken to hospital after appearing as a pundit on BT Sport on Saturday.

Presenter Mark Pougatch said the football results show BT Score had been cancelled as a result of Hoddle's condition.

The illness occurred on the former Spurs midfielder's 61st birthday.

BT presenter Jake Humphrey said Hoddle was "taken seriously ill at the BT Sport studio this morning".

He added on social media: "Everyone of us is right with you Glenn, sending love and strength."

Hoddle, who earned 53 caps for England, was considered to be one of the best players of his generation.

He won the FA Cup and Uefa Cup with Spurs and also played for Monaco, Swindon and Chelsea.

Gary Lineker, the Match of the Day presenter and former Tottenham and England striker, posted on social media: "Hugely worrying news that Glenn Hoddle collapsed at the BT studios earlier. Thoughts are with him and his family. Come on, Glenn."

Hoddle became player-manager at Swindon and Chelsea, and is credited with turning the west London side into a cosmopolitan outfit by signing Netherlands great Ruud Gullit, who went on to replace him as boss at Stamford Bridge.

From there he managed England for two and half years, taking them to the 1998 World Cup, but his reign ended in controversy when he admitted a "serious error of judgement" after suggesting disabled people were being made to pay for the sins of past lives.

He went on to manage Southampton, Tottenham and Wolves, before continuing coaching and his career as a TV pundit.

6 minutes ago, FIF said:

Liverpool supporters are family, not supporters, apparently.

Would you make Family pay?

6 minutes ago, FIF said:

Liverpool supporters are family, not supporters, apparently.

Would you make Family pay?

Haha . The sort of family who might move in next door and you immediately think it's time we moved 

Edited by surrifox

3 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Haha . The sort of family who might move in next door and you immediately think it's time we moved 

Too late. They'll have nicked your wheels.

Jeez, scary news about Glenn Hoddle.

I've been very critical of him as a co-commentator recently but he remains one of my favorite players of all time. Hope he pulls through :fc:

• Like 2

20 hours ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Only me who thinks a smaller club would have been punished by now? This is ridiculous 

I'm not sure any club would be punished yet. All the facts are not in yet. If they are to be punished per game nothing will happen until the shite House lid is open. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Farrington fox said:

Heart attack! His brother died of one aged 40. Come on Glenn lad stick with us.

Carl Hoddle. It happened while they were both at Wolves, Carl used to help with training, and also put the cones out in the warm up!

I don't wish any ill on Glenn. I hope he's ok and I can call him a c**t for many years still to come.