Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

7 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Could a minutes' silence take place befofe the games kick-off today after the tragedy yesterday? Would surely be like the right thing to do.

It'll most likely be the midweek cup games or next week.

The Burnley match in two weeks is going to be so tough.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Jonathan Pearce is shit. Guy Mowbray is the best MOTD commentator 

Pearce is the worst but Mowbray isn’t much use either. Gets basic historical facts wrong and can’t project his voice properly which is a bit of a problem for a commentator.

1 hour ago, Corky said:

I know we were all pre-occupied but did anyone else enjoy Jonathan Pearce's sanctimonious commentary on the Fulham match? 

"THIS IS THE PREMIER LEAGUE, NOT SUNDAY MORNING FOOTBALL!"

Did think it was rather OTT.

Just now, Sir Shep said:

Anyone watching today’s games? I’ve got it on though not really watching too much of it, seems to be a good game. 

Apart from the cheating arsenal handball again that led to a goal 

8 minutes ago, davieG said:

Apart from the cheating arsenal handball again that led to a goal 

At the end of the day, it's clear he handballed it, but the role of the referee is to make these calls. We've been on the end of enough crooked decisions in the recent past that I just don't care anymore, if the ref has missed it, fine, get better refs in. Until then, I'll take our goal and off we go.

It's not the players role to officiate the game.

Edited by Mike20166

1 minute ago, Vacamion said:

There's a screamer in the crowd.  Every time Palace go near. :nono:

There was a woman who used to do that at Arsenal every time the opposition had a shot. Annoyed the bejeesus out of me. Imagine sitting in front of that! 

3 minutes ago, Mike20166 said:

At the end of the day, it's clear he handballed it, but the role of the referee is to make these calls. We've been on the end of enough crooked decisions in the recent past that I just don't care anymore, if the ref has missed it, fine, get better refs in. Until then, I'll take our goal and off we go.

It's not the players role to officiate the game.

A bit of integrity, sportsmanship and honesty wouldn’t go amiss, it was clearly cheating and intentional I certainly wouldn’t use the weakness of a ref or defend in any way a player of a team I support cheating like that.

Shameful.

4 minutes ago, davieG said:

A bit of integrity, sportsmanship and honesty wouldn’t go amiss, it was clearly cheating and intentional I certainly wouldn’t use the weakness of a ref or defend in any way a player of a team I support cheating like that.

Shameful.

Agreed. Same with Kemar Roofe yesterday against Forest. He knew he handballed it in, but just said "it's up to the ref". 

3 minutes ago, davieG said:

Shameful.

No, but it easy to use single incidents as weapons against a club you have a disdain for, i wont comment on that. I don't like to see it personally, but I stress it is the officials job to referee the match, not the players job to self police themselves.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Zaha diving to win another penalty.

This.

Exactly why I don't get my knickers in a twist when we get the odd dodgy decision our way. Officiating in the modern day is a free for all, there is no consistency.

Edited by Mike20166
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Agreed. Same with Kemar Roofe yesterday against Forest. He knew he handballed it in, but just said "it's up to the ref". 

It’s not the it’s up to the ref that gets me it’s when it’s just deliberate cheating it’s not even some sort of instinctive reaction his arm was up there deliberately.

Now it looks like a 2 footed Zaha dive for a penalty.