Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

5 hours ago, martyn said:

Will be an unpopular view but I reckon David Brooks will be a better player than Maddison. Great weight of pass and knows when to release it.

I said this a few weeks ago, he looks superb but I actually think he could have been the perfect Mahrez replacement playing on the right of a 3 behind Vardy. 

Maddison has been fairly average for weeks now, but still think he'll excel at this level. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Nice banner by some of the fans in the Liverpool end - as a supporter group they've been superb throughout this ordeal.

They really have. Got the train back with some really nice Liverpool lads after our recent match too. Out of the main title contenders wouldn't mind seeing them win it - it feels like it's time.

6 minutes ago, rachhere said:

They really have. Got the train back with some really nice Liverpool lads after our recent match too. Out of the main title contenders wouldn't mind seeing them win it - it feels like it's time.

Some might say its their year

• Haha 1

Just now, Suzie the Fox said:

Unlucky for Wolves there to have been given the offside from the linesman. I'd have been fuming there if it was against us. 

I met that linesman today (Mark Scholes)  lol

He lives locally and came to watch my lads' under 10 team. We had a good chat after, nice fella but he's had a mare there!

2 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Unlucky for Wolves there to have been given the offside from the linesman. I'd have been fuming there if it was against us. 

...and it was down to the asst. not being up to the play and second guessing because he was never offside.

Just now, Izzy Muzzett said:

I met that linesman today (Mark Scholes)  lol

He lives locally and came to watch my lads' under 10 team. We had a good chat after, nice fella but he's had a mare there!

I just read your post actually mentioning you met one of the linesmen tonight. Oopsie didnt realise it was the same one

1 minute ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Would VAR have helped with that incident? 

Only if someone were to question it, so I guess you’re relying on the video refs caring I’m not convinced.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I just read your post actually mentioning you met one of the linesmen tonight. Oopsie didnt realise it was the same one

Apparently that's his full time job now (not sure how much he gets paid though as he only drove a crappy Mondeo lol).

Doesn't seem right to me that big PL games can be decided on decisions like that. Not sure any of us could get that right 100% of the time in only a split second. They need all the help they can get imo 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Apparently that's his full time job now (not sure how much he gets paid though as he only drove a crappy Mondeo lol).

Doesn't seem right to me that big PL games can be decided on decisions like that. Not sure any of us could get that right 100% of the time in only a split second. They need all the help they can get imo 

100% agree 

Just now, The Doctor said:

As applied at the world cup, yes. Team watching and calling down if they think the ref should take a second look, it would definitely catch that

Then i hope we implement it in the PL for next season. Too many games have been won/lost controversially. I know you can say you win some shouts and lose others, but it would make it fairer. Especially if you believe in top 6 bias over 50/50 calls. 

• Like 1