Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

7 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Arsenal Fan TV is no longer entertaining at all. No Wenger no party

Ah I dunno. I saw a tweet this week of one of them (30 odd year old male) running after Aubamayeng down the street who was a passenger in a Ferrari. Peak arsenal fan tv

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Finnegan said:

"The situation is that Drinkwater for me is not suitable for a midfield with two midfielders," Sarri said.

Danny Drinkwater, Premier league winner in two man midfield. With fellow Chelsea midfielder Ngolo Kante.

Okay, Mauricio. 

Presumably Sarri meant with two other midfielders!

He may well be right, but I don't think DD would fit Puel's system either.

9 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Sitting down to watch motd and just realised I watched 4 of today's 7 games ?

I watched 7 games today lol

The 3 TV Premier league games, our game, two Australia A-League games in the morning and the Barcelona game. 

A very productive day I'd say. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

I watched 7 games today lol

The 3 TV Premier league games, our game, two Australia A-League games in the morning and the Barcelona game. 

A very productive day I'd say. 

Is there a Stan shaped dent in the sofa? lol

Drinkwater is not good enough to play in Chelsea’s midfield. Kante, Jorginho, Barkley and Kovacic are all much more suited to the 4-3-3 they play. I’m not massively in favour of bringing him back but his tendency to sit would suit Puel’s system.

2 hours ago, Nalis said:

The fact that Newcastle climbed out of the bottom 3 with a their first win after 11 games shows how poor the bottom 5/6 are.

What a strange perspective??

one can also say...it proves the competitive,and hard league it is....

every season,since the beginning of football ,there as been someone,somewhere who keeps coming up with this statement...

If any league is to be perfect...it wouldn't be clear cut,who the top 10 teams are,knowing th at title and relegation is settled....

one guessing and playing the lazy percentages...then saying I told so!!!    Doesn't measure anything.

football as always given us the twists and turns ...and that won't change.

unlike some,I believe our bottom half teams gives us ,some exciting football. There are different successes and season s triumphs that

have nothing to do with top 4. We ourselves has a club,have over 134 yrs,used our finishing position,in a positive form...

All across the world,there are more better also rans,who if it wasn't for them,there would be NO FOOTBALL AND NO LEAGUES.

Their stories their qualities...are the ones that count the most!!!!

24 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

What a strange perspective??

one can also say...it proves the competitive,and hard league it is....

every season,since the beginning of football ,there as been someone,somewhere who keeps coming up with this statement...

If any league is to be perfect...it wouldn't be clear cut,who the top 10 teams are,knowing th at title and relegation is settled....

one guessing and playing the lazy percentages...then saying I told so!!!    Doesn't measure anything.

football as always given us the twists and turns ...and that won't change.

unlike some,I believe our bottom half teams gives us ,some exciting football. There are different successes and season s triumphs that

have nothing to do with top 4. We ourselves has a club,have over 134 yrs,used our finishing position,in a positive form...

All across the world,there are more better also rans,who if it wasn't for them,there would be NO FOOTBALL AND NO LEAGUES.

Their stories their qualities...are the ones that count the most!!!!

I agree with the second half of your post but disagree with the first, sadly the gap between the big 6 and the rest is growing.

With talk a 'superleague' the 20 team premier league must stay, hopefully we see some of the bottom half teams beating the big 6. Worryingly,  out of them only Utd have been beaten by a team in the bottom half this season.

1 hour ago, Lovejoy said:

Drinkwater is not good enough to play in Chelsea’s midfield. Kante, Jorginho, Barkley and Kovacic are all much more suited to the 4-3-3 they play. I’m not massively in favour of bringing him back but his tendency to sit would suit Puel’s system.

If Silva or Iborra leave in January in I'd take him back in a shot (if he's fit that is)

11 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I agree with the second half of your post but disagree with the first, sadly the gap between the big 6 and the rest is growing.

With talk a 'superleague' the 20 team premier league must stay, hopefully we see some of the bottom half teams beating the big 6. Worryingly,  out of them only Utd have been beaten by a team in the bottom half this season.

We won the league!  (I'll never get tired of saying that).

57 minutes ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

If Silva or Iborra leave in January in I'd take him back in a shot (if he's fit that is)

I couldn't see LCFC being too interested in bringing Drinky back as Puel is a youth movement advocate. DD is 28 and has played once in all competitions this season and has been injury prone since joining Chelsea. He would have to be very cheap & take a hit on wages to be attractive.

Given that we aren't going to be in any relegation trouble this season, I think it would be better to play Hamza instead of re-signing Drinkwater. Matty James is also training again and we know that Puel is a fan of his. I know James didn't impress too many people last season, but the team and tactics were rougher around the edges than they are this season. To be honest having seen Mendy become such an integral part of the team, I can see why James got a look in under Puel and why he might get another look in around Christmas time. James' short range passing is probably better than Iborra or Silva's (of what we have seen so far) so could make for an able deputy. Maddison is the key difference from last season to this, so midfielders that combine well with him and can get him the ball are a must and James might prove to be that kind of a player.

Drinkwater will always be welcome here, but I think we have more than enough options that we could try in the squad already. In fact if anything we might have too many and I expect Silva to leave at the end of the season given he's not in the match day squad at all at the moment. Bit sad for him given his unfortunate start but Mendy is ahead of him and Iborra on merit.

You really must hand it to Silva - he's a real model pro. Not only did we **** up his start here by signing too late, he's also barely had a look in and he's never complained or spat his dummy out (as far as we know). Just got on with it and backed the lads that do play. 

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Yes ..I agree at present there seems to be a bigger gap growing,but you know!! this happens in every decade,then something somehow the biggies,

Through Europe get their hands slapped.....Some small crisis will hit all these big clubs,and knock them down a bit...

The Tradition and catchment areas,will keep them around the top ten,because like it or not...they can afford in quality and finance to have..

5-8 failures ) not fitting or good enough for that team,but maybe for another PL team ( ..ie Drinkwater

We the foxes,proved when we invest in players,we just can't afford 3-4 failures!  And that goes down the chain...

Our fortune is, we in this era,have had a strong BBone in our squad,enabling us to keep in the top 12-9.

WBA/Stoke didnt!

Talks of a super league does frighten me!!!   Simple thought..the bbone fans of Liverpool/Mcity/Dortmund/PSG...etc.Can afford the odd night in Europe(CL)

But not regular weekends on the continents...empty grounds will be frequent!!!!

Many haven't forgiven Manutd,including their own fans for dropping out of the FA-cup.

I wouldn't be against a well ran,   World cup club competition....Maximum 1st 2 of any given league. 

Even have a separate competition,for the minnow countries leagues...Faroe isl.Lichtenstein,S.Marino,Ireland,Luxembourg....etc

So they too can have a trophy room...

If FIFA could fit it in....

Man.city,are having a good few years,but I doubt in 10yrs they will be so strong despite their finances...top 6 maybe..

We failed to build on our title...these are a few of my thoughts on the reasons...

#Ranieri still really  didn't believe in the ethos and character of the winning squad.I actually believed he was still and stayed  "gobsmacked"

# And still didn't understand!!

# He tried to bring in an hard change ,of introducing an Italian,but too simple approach....forgetting the real why!!!

#He changed dramatically,the brilliant and one of the best Backroom staff set up,for an older boring traditional weaker  set up!!

#He was so determined to bring in his bombastic single idea of using Italian methods,he stayed blind to that special character he had in the squad.

# Owners didn't over rule him,when he said he didn't want to spend to bring in higher(not great) potential quality players.

# Our player investment was dismal!!

# We didn't try to mesh the new players,into the squad...more left to chance.

# Slimani should of imo,been the natural partner for Vardy,and with Mahrez,we should of based our whole plan around these 3.

## Nobodies fault...we lost Kante,...I just wonder could we of thrown money at him for one more season!!!

# Kante.. was proved to be irreplacable

# King as an attacking midfielder,was asked to play the DM mode,and all his strengths wasted.

#We didn't have an attacking outlet from midfield.

#Ranieri didn't plan over the closed season,different formats.So left experimenting during the season.

# No CB back up!!!I

# I am sure other fans also have other good reasons,whatever !! we lost the momentum and advantages that could Even should

Of made the next 3-5 seasons,not an automatic top 6,but a more comfortable set up and consolidation of being a PL club.

#Ranieri should still be our manager,but it was his own follies,and total mismanagement that brought that horrible but correct

Descision,to send him on his way....

### After all that,I still love the man!!!

Back to the original debate between us both....I believe every season has its own on the pitch footballing  stories,I haven't seen

a season(s) where I would say the quality of the competition is better or worse, nor that teams who go down or near the bottom,

played poor football,or less entertainment.

Over the years I have watched been to every top leagues in Europe,Barcelona despite some sheer brilliance,have also bored me!!

I hate Bayern..but their shear power,using the top ,players available in Germany,can be awesome,other times scrape a boring win

in the last minute...Now being a BVB fan,and gathering up all my bias like I do for my first love Leicester city...

we are never crap...just below the weather at the time....and even when we slip into poor modus,there are still small moments,

Where I will squeeze out a drop of quality,from somewhere...I just think it's a poor platform to through out sentences that

this or that season was not So good in delivering quality of good games...depends a lot on an individual's perspective,and

internal bias!!!

• Like 1