Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

10 minutes ago, Langston said:

Don't know why it grinds my gears so much as I guess technically it's valid, but commentators suddenly deciding they fancy putting a continental spin on pronunciations winds me up. 

Luke Ash in nets for West Ham tonight, is it?

If we’re being pedantic, it’s pronounced “wu-kash” :D

Edited by Fox42

9 hours ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

United fans make me laugh .. after two wins against the mighty Cardiff and Huddersfield under the new manager ,

they are not only talking about getting into the top four but also of winning the Champions League. 

Solskjaer could easily be the next Tim Sherwood. Good against the bottom clubs, then out of his depth against the top clubs. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Langston said:

Don't know why it grinds my gears so much as I guess technically it's valid, but commentators suddenly deciding they fancy putting a continental spin on pronunciations winds me up. 

Luke Ash in nets for West Ham tonight, is it?

That's literally how his name's pronounced though... The clue is in the z at the end. If you met a French dude named Michel and insisted on pronouncing it Michael you'd just come across rude, ignorant at best, same applies here.

• Like 2

West Ham sign Felipe Anderson and we sign Rachid Ghezzal. 

I know the transfer market isn't that straightforward, we don't know what they're paying him and yeah there's all that "but it's London!" crap. 

But that'll never not be annoying. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I know the transfer market isn't that straightforward, we don't know what they're paying him and yeah there's all that "but it's London!" crap. 

Was thinking about Anderson whilst watching the game, think he's a bit of a Mahrez type character wise. Possibly wouldn't buy into the defensive responsibilities our wingers have. 

Doesn't hit me as a battler, so not sure if I'd want him in the team.

Edited by UniFox21

At £40m and with the selling club publicly playing games over the price and mocking West Ham's desperation, it was too high a risk to take on Anderson IMO. Hindsight is always great but 2/3rds of the Mahrez money for someone unproven in the PL? Could well have been another Slimani.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It must have been more than 1 person in the recruitment department at Leicester who Ghezzal would be great for us and Puel went along with it. 

Being Italian Pellegrini must have seen  Anderson play for Lazio, so saw his potential, when the rest of the Premier league teams weren't that clued on him. 

Edited by Crispin LA

1 minute ago, Crispin LA said:

It must have been more than 1 person in the recruitment department at Leicester who Ghezzal would be great for us and Puel went along with it. 

Being Italian Pellegrini must have seen play Anderson play for Lazio, so saw his potential, when the rest of the Premier league teams weren't that clued on him. 

Pellegrini is Chilean 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Crispin LA said:

Being Italian Pellegrini must have seen  Anderson play for Lazio, so saw his potential, when the rest of the Premier league teams weren't that clued on him. 

He's Chilean mate.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

...and Ndidi...

13 minutes ago, Crispin LA said:

Being Chilean Pellegrini must have seen Anderson when he was Fishing for sea bass down the local mine, so saw his potential, when the rest of the Premier league teams weren't that clued on him. 

Fixed it for you 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

He is Chilean mate 

OK guys, the thing is last year when Pellegrini was touted as a possible coach for Leicester, I knew he was Chilean but when he joined West Ham and recruited Anderson (Brazilian) from Lazio who I was following, somehow I got the idea Pellegrini was Italian. 

Edited by Crispin LA