Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

I know it's just a blip and the sky blues are still 100% in the race but imagine getting to April and it's Spurs and Pool duking it out for the title in the battle of the bottles...  My brain hurts trying to figure out how they'd both fvck it up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Corky said:

12 points has to be the lowest total for 18th place at the halfway stage of the season for a generation.

Sunderland had 14 points in Dec 2016 at halfway.

Fulham the same in Dec 2007.

They're the closest in the last 11 seasons. I can't be arsed to look further back lol 

13 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

It does make me wonder as to why Burnley have had such a dramatic collapse.

I think it is related to what happened to us after 15/16....hit the (relative) heights last season, cannot possibly do it all again, motivation drops, confidence drops, everyone knows what to do when they play them.....

5 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I think it is related to what happened to us after 15/16....hit the (relative) heights last season, cannot possibly do it all again, motivation drops, confidence drops, everyone knows what to do when they play them.....

And they've not evolved or diversified for quite a few years. They've failed to suitably upgrade or advance from previous years with signings or developing their style of play. Look at us, Everton and Burnley. 2 of the 3 have bought well and changed how they play or strengthened their game plans. Burnley haven't. As bad as it sounds, a new direction could help them. 

21 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I think Burnley and Bournemouth have tried to apdot the way we conducted ourself when winning the title in the way both clubs are setup and play but as we know it takes that something extra throughout the club to actually compete with the top 6 never mind winning it.

12 hours ago, Poznan34 said:

Burnley are going down. 

Sincerely hope so. 

I can't be the only one who's heartily sick of Dyche & his last honest man standing schtick. As in all the others are diving/cheating etc etc, while we (Burnley) are losing out because they play by the rules...(except when Sam Vokes stuck it in with his hand, obviously).

Meanwhile the premier league is passing them by, and Dyche has no answer except the tiresome platitudes he keeps peddling.I for one would be delighted to see them go down.

Edited by Stoopid
  • Like 3

Burnley are an interesting one. Incredible achievement to get 7th last season and I feel like they made decent signings. Their style is so “Championship” as they are a very direct team with two big men up top and a team that relishes a physical battle. They quite often almost play “without a midfield” and make very few passes. On paper that style shouldn’t cut it anymore... even the top teams in the Championship are playing a more European style. But they bloodied a lot of noses last season including ours and showed it could work. 

Given their clear drop in confidence they are in big trouble. Their team was built around not conceding goals but with a leaky defence I’m not sure they’ve got the ability to take the game to opponents if they need points. I do think their squad is still very decent but think Dyche has to change his ways. If they continue to play the same style they look likely to get relegated. 

Edited by StriderHiryu

Bit harsh on Burnley imo.

Watched them on Tele v the arse last Saturday and they really did give it good go.

They'll never attract top players because of their budget, location and facilities.

But they've completed admirably for a good few years now and Dyche must take great credit for that.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

I wonder if any player from our clubs would have got away with the "dive/fall" Salah did yesterday?

Guess there was a slight touch but I have seen him go past players before without falling over like that.

If Vardy had fallen for that touch he'd have been booked and jeered by the ref and opposition fans.

• Like 1

The fact Burnley are even in the PL is a miracle really. The town is only about the same size as Rugby FFS. Dyche has performed wonders even if he’s annoying to some.  

• Like 4