Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

54 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Mahrez new nickname might be Pine.

Criminal a player of his skill sits for that game. He has his faults but i think he could have done well in that game.

Pep and I disagree.

Riyad "Danny" Mehrez.

2 hours ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

If Klopp, Guardiola or any of their recruitment teams are looking on this forum, it has been to be said how brilliant both sides' full backs were last night. Top quality. Far better than that rubbish we have with Chilwell and Ricardo. ?

In fairness I wouldn’t be worried about Liverpool nicking ours, Robertson and TAA are top draw. Robertson was absolutely immense last night, what a past 2 years he’s had. On the right side, depends if they move Trent into midfield like many are suggesting!

City on the other hand...

13 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

In fairness I wouldn’t be worried about Liverpool nicking ours, Robertson and TAA are top draw. Robertson was absolutely immense last night, what a past 2 years he’s had. On the right side, depends if they move Trent into midfield like many are suggesting!

City on the other hand...

No? In fairness, I'd be fvcking furious.

Edit I misunderstood your point. Fair comment. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

No? In fairness, I'd be fvcking furious.

Edit I misunderstood your point. Fair comment. 

Also, just read that Liverpool after Lloyd Kelly for 22mil. Hope it’s true so they stay away from Chilwell. If he were to leave though I’d say Man City is probably the most suitable fit.

Why does the price matter to any of us? 

It doesn't affect us.

Most of the prices are ridiculous but not as ridiculous as the wages and if it's between English clubs it's just moving numbers around the league.

Just now, FIF said:

It doesn't affect us.

Most of the prices are ridiculous but not as ridiculous as the wages and if it's between English clubs it's just moving numbers around the league.

It doesn't matter per say, it's just amusing/ horrifying that a club thinks someone who's scored 3 goals in his career is valued at 19 million quid. 

Howe’s transfer record is awful, he could turn out to be a success but they buy so many players in the £10-20m range yet their best players are the ones that have been there the longest 

12 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Howe’s transfer record is awful, he could turn out to be a success but they buy so many players in the £10-20m range yet their best players are the ones that have been there the longest 

A bit like us tbf. 

That has changed a bit recently with Ricardo & Maddison but before that our players who have cost us anything under £5 million have been our best players. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Eddie Howe loves expensive flops. He must have bought 3 or 4 big money signings and have any of them paid off?

Ibe being a huge one, 15 million in 2016 for a player with 8 career goals, (1 in 41 Liverpool games). 

40 minutes ago, FIF said:

It doesn't affect us.

It does matter a bit as it sets a price floor for the rest of the market when we're trying to buy good young players.  

Dyche always complains about this but he does have a point.  

25 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Yeah we’ve signed shit players but at least on paper they had some pedigree. I’ve not looked but I’d be surprised if Solanke has played over 25 professional games. 

Silva was SCP’s captain and Slimani their top scorer.

....in a very poor (Championship standard at best) Portuguese league!! 

1 hour ago, walkerleeds said:

It doesn't matter per say, it's just amusing/ horrifying that a club thinks someone who's scored 3 goals in his career is valued at 19 million quid. 

To be fair Bournemouth were willing to pay £25m for Demarai Gray 2 years ago!:pearson:

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, siraaj_lcfc said:

Silva and Slimani are not Bad. Get it into your heads. They were SCP's best players. Our playing style didn't suit them. Poor Purchases don't mean the players are shite.

Slimani has a good record here and is worth another chance. People moan about not having a target man when we got rid of someone who can actually head it.

• Like 2