Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

6 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Wonderful game for the neutral.

Right result for the neutral.

Wish they could've played for another hour.

Couldn't agree more.  If you're a football fan and you decided to stay in with the Mrs instead and watch a film, you need headbutting!

Wonder if our mighty team can put a spanner in the works :

30 January …. Liverpool away

3 February ….   Man U at home.

10 February …. Spurs away.

Nice easy week and a half for our lads …. but we all know more suprising things have happened at our club.

Edited by RODNEY FERNIO
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, shailen said:

Great game. These two teams are miles ahead of everyone probably in world football as well.

I will Believe the world football comment,when both these teams lift 3 times the CL between them in the next 5 years...

These type of comments,fall on stoney ground,when directed at English teams....

We need in the modern era,1-2 English teams that have long significant triumphant period in the CL (3-5 yrs)

Man.city's successfull period,under Pep,must lift the trophy,in the next 2 seasons,because after then,there will be quality aging players,

Leaving...Liverpool can sustain a present BBone of quality players,a while longer ,and carry Henderson/Milner retirements.

Unlike some,I love watching the PL (country bias) over other top leagues. It's simply harder at most levels ,even when not maybe in quality!!!

I enjoy all PL games ,majority of seasons,our title winners are IMO are always a joy to watch, but not always in the CL!!!..

1 hour ago, FilbertFrog said:

In the “sports bar” in Oadby to watch this , might as well have been Liverpool city centre it was wall to wall Liverpool fans , many of home go down the KP with the family , the roar when they scored was deafening 

glory hunters (plastics). 

probably go quiet at the kp, apart from booing nacho. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

I will Believe the world football comment,when both these teams lift 3 times the CL between them in the next 5 years...

These type of comments,fall on stoney ground,when directed at English teams....

We need in the modern era,1-2 English teams that have long significant triumphant period in the CL (3-5 yrs)

Man.city's successfull period,under Pep,must lift the trophy,in the next 2 seasons,because after then,there will be quality aging players,

Leaving...Liverpool can sustain a present BBone of quality players,a while longer ,and carry Henderson/Milner retirements.

Unlike some,I love watching the PL (country bias) over other top leagues. It's simply harder at most levels ,even when not maybe in quality!!!

I enjoy all PL games ,majority of seasons,our title winners are IMO are always a joy to watch, but not always in the CL!!!..

Fair point but I only think the balance of power has shifted this season. Liverpool should have won it last season but we all know what Karius did in the final - but I do feel an English team will win it this season. 

English teams are getting better in Europe. Spurs have a got a result this season against Barca away, Liverpool beat PSG, United beat Juventus. I think the gap is as small as it was back in 05-09 where England dominated. 

I think it's going to definitely be sooner rather than later that an English team wins it again.

8 hours ago, FilbertFrog said:

In the “sports bar” in Oadby to watch this , might as well have been Liverpool city centre it was wall to wall Liverpool fans , many of home go down the KP with the family , the roar when they scored was deafening 

Same as the Irish who support Man United & Leicester. 

Although I've always quite liked Liverpool Hughes, Keegan, Dalglish, Gerrard ... I have no wish for them to win the title because it's great reminding their fans that WE have a prem title and they don't - same with Spurs - so I'd prefer another Mancity title (though I'd be disappointed that Mehrez got another medal). It's still highly likely considering Spurs have no bottle and Liverpool haven't proved they have either.

52 minutes ago, FIF said:

Although I've always quite liked Liverpool Hughes, Keegan, Dalglish, Gerrard ... I have no wish for them to win the title because it's great reminding their fans that WE have a prem title and they don't - same with Spurs - so I'd prefer another Mancity title (though I'd be disappointed that Mehrez got another medal). It's still highly likely considering Spurs have no bottle and Liverpool haven't proved they have either.

You'll never let go, won't you?

28 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

Great match last night, fantastic movement on and particularly off the ball, slick passing and all played at an incredible pace. 

That Claude is intenseetee.

Our intensity was too much for Man City a week ago. Smashed the shite out of them.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, FilbertFrog said:

Same in Soar Point