Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

Kane is such a ****ing talent. It’s the little things, like buying Spurs some time when they’re under immense pressure by going down for an injury (clearly fine) and now they’re back in control. 

Class penalty as well. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Kane is such a ****ing talent. It’s the little things, like buying Spurs some time when they’re under immense pressure by going down for an injury (clearly fine) and now they’re back in control. 

Class penalty as well. 

I don't care who hears it...I reckon Kane is brilliant...should teach (again) impatient fans not to jump on the back of the whining horse!!! 

criticise a day performance..but don't try and judge future potential..

Especially This forum cos it's crap when judging/predicting players potential futures!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46802041

‘If we want a big club we need a modern stadium’.

Are Man Utd and Liverpool not big clubs then? Dortmund?

Really disappointing to see yet another uniquely beautiful old ground disappear, no doubt to be replaced by a symmetrical, generic monstrosity.

People waxing lyrical about Tottenham’s new ground, well hilariously it looks very similar to The Emirates which happens to be one of the ugliest stadiums in the country.

Personally I think the clubs have a responsibility to their fans to do everything possible to stay at their traditional stadium. Big clubs have  intimidating stadiums that you can recognise instantly. Big clubs don’t have to sell their soul. They have famous Kops and Ends and ‘walls’ which you just will never get at a modern stadium.

Are West Ham now a big club? No, they are jokers and everyone is laughing at them for having to play at such a shite ground.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

Really disappointing to see yet another uniquely beautiful old ground disappear, no doubt to be replaced by a symmetrical, generic monstrosity.

People waxing lyrical about Tottenham’s new ground, well hilariously it looks very similar to The Emirates which happens to be one of the ugliest stadiums in the country.

Personally I think the clubs have a responsibility to their fans to do everything possible to stay at their traditional stadium. Big clubs have  intimidating stadiums that you can recognise instantly. Big clubs don’t have to sell their soul. They have famous Kops and Ends and ‘walls’ which you just will never get at a modern stadium.

Are West Ham now a big club? No, they are jokers and everyone is laughing at them for having to play at such a shite ground.

The Emirates is the best looking ground in the country. 

4 hours ago, Koke said:

I know there are big opposition to this, and understandably so, but Pep does have a point about this 

Personally think he's right, it won't be for every club but the teams who have excellent academies.

Just need a way of English players getting game time as the loan system works to an extent.

19 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

The loan system works to an extent.

Well it should. But as usual money fvck's it up. Clubs want loan fees and wages paid in full. That's fine but prem clubs tend to pay more than most clubs can afford. 

So you borrow a player give him game time so he improves but pay more for it. Chelsea are a huge example of this but never play the young British players. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Papasmurf said:

Ridiculous. It's not about giving chances to more English players it's about the rich getting richer and widening the gap between the premier league elite.

So we're going to boot smaller teams with a 100+ year history out the league to make way for premier league B teams?  Shocking.

33 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

Personally think he's right, it won't be for every club but the teams who have excellent academies.

Just need a way of English players getting game time as the loan system works to an extent.

Problem is the academies at the big clubs don't seem to have that many English players or at the least seem to have a lot of foreign talent.

6 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

Goodison is a shithole and quite problematic to expand, a bit like filbert street with the proximity to housing.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Would it be right to assume that table position would trump winning a cup when it comes to attracting players?

Would a player be more interested in joining a team who came 7/8th

or a team who came 11th/12th and won say the league cup?

...Genuine question

I don't think those things alone would make a player pick a team, it's just one of a number of things. If I was a player I'd look at things like the below, in no particular order.

Money - An obvious one, but whoever offers the most is already ahead of the pack.

League Finish - Where have the team finished that season, does that include europe next season. Personally speaking, the Europe part wouldn't on it's own make me turn down someone else who I thought was a better long term option.

Consistency of finish - Are the team on an upward curve, is there consistency in their finishes. It's fine finishing 7th one season, but if for the three years before you've been 16th. I might look at it as a one off.

Lack of turmoil - Are they constantly changing managers, are there well known boardroom issues

Ambition - This can be shown in any number of ways, investment in the team. Investment in the club. Just saying you are ambitious isn't enough. You have to be showing it somehow.

Chance to progress - Are the club a good stepping stone, are they respected, have others trod the same path to bigger and better clubs.

Cups - For the cups thing to attract players, you'd need to be winning them consistently for years. Otherwise people will look at your history and see it as a one off, just as they did when we won the league.

Geography - Where is the club, do I have easy access to big cities.

• Like 3

I think the loan system works well enough for young players. If they're good enough they'll be wanted by clubs and they'll get played. 

Places like Spain and Portugal you can have B teams in the leagues, because the standard is so poor once you drop out of the top league. 

What attracts players:

Money - First and foremost. They'll play anywhere shit if the money is good enough (See China, UAE, MLS). 

Manager/Tactics - Playing the right way helps attract a player. No good going to Bloggs FC if you know you're going to be straining your neck looking up 90% of the time. 

Location - Capital cities are no doubt a big pull. As are being right near  recognised big cities like Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham, etc. 

Facilities - Wolves used to have to train on the concrete club car park in the early 90s. The poor little babies like to be pampered in top class buildings now though. Training pitches, medical, gym, etc. 

Most of the above can be negated by enough dosh though. Or an agent telling them to go there for their career (*whistle...*  :innocent: ) 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1