Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Has Alli ever passed to Vardy? We have an answer...

15 minutes ago, bmouth_fox said:

Overrated little weasel. That Spurs lot have a real chip on their that little old Leicester beat the mighty Spurs to the title - it’s so pathetic it’s hilarious.

Arsenal too tbqh.

Two Horse Race Final Position: Third

• Haha 1

Oldest trick in the book, probably learned from his formative years in football. If you want to look better than someone else, don't include them in the game. That's why ali will never be a class player and shows a selfish attitude. If Kane bombs at the world cup,which he has done in previous international tournaments he's played in, England will fail if Ali is playing.

Last game when they both played together it was so noticeable, when Vardy was making runs he just held the ball up and turned away to pass to someone else (or lose the ball).

I understand there's rivalries in club football, but when playing international football you should put those aside and work together for your nation.

3 hours ago, davieG said:

By

Gary Silke

07:00, 21 APR 2018

A couple of weeks back I asked the question: “Has Dele Alli ever passed to Jamie Vardy on England duty?” Many thanks to Leo De Wissel, of Anstey, who did a bit of research...

Former England manager Roy Hodgson with Jamie Vardy and Dele Alli after the goalless draw with Slovakia at Euro 2016 (Image: Julian Finney/Getty Images)

“I had wondered this and aired the view only to be ridiculed, scoffed at, and have my eyesight questioned. Undeterred I have watched all the England games in which they have played together and noted every intended pass from Alli to Vardy - this does not include balls that reached Vardy by accidentally ricocheting off another player or where Alli’s pass was clearly meant for someone else, but Vardy intercepted it.

“I also tried to count the number of passes from Alli to Harry Kane but they were too numerous. So, how many passes has the talented Mr Alli made to Jamie Vardy while on joint duty for England? Believe it or not, the answer is... NIL.”

If this is true and i can't see any reason why it wouldn't be. I hope that Mr Southgate is also aware of this. 

I absolutely hate the little shit. (Did before the post, but 10 times more now.) 

Disgraceful is putting it lightly. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Suzie the Fox said:

If this is true and i can't see any reason why it wouldn't be. I hope that Mr Southgate is also aware of this. 

I absolutely hate the little shit. (Did before the post, but 10 times more now.) 

Disgraceful is putting it lightly. 

I hope so, too. I'm pretty sure he will be. It would be great if England fans knew it, as well. They might start getting on his back if they realised he was letting petty sour grapes get in the way of the nation's success.

42 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Dele Alli doing that cringeworthy intricate high five routine with teammates makes me want human civilisation to end and the cockroaches to take over.

The fact he doesn't pass to Vardy is just another symptom of the malaise.

Oh, god. Yeah. That complicated handshake business really makes my skin crawl.

I don't like him, but I don't think it's his fault he's a nobhead. I've said it before and people thought I was joking, but I really think he might be mildly autistic. He cares more about making Vardy look bad than he does England winning, and he's obviously put a lot of time and thought into something so insignificant as private handshakes. There's got to be something wrong with him.

Did anyone listen to Athletico Mince? It was a football-centric podcast with Bob Mortimer and Andy Dawson. Very funny. They used to do a bit about the Spurs players, and I think they really nailed it. Great recurring bit about Steve McLaren, as well.

https://www.acast.com/athleticomince

I'll try to find a Spurs bit and post it here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Would absolutely love it if Kane broke his leg. Southgate would have no choice but to start Vardy, England would have no choice but to start passing to him and Vardy would tear the tournament to bits.

He's continued to score this season even in an average team that doesn't play to his strengths at all. If he'd have been at Liverpool or Man City this season he'd probably have scored 35+.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Shame the person that sat through all the hours didn’t make a note of how many decent opportunities there were for him to pass to vards which were ignored. 

Could be that there werent so many.  

True but i'm damn sure there was at least ONE !!! 

• Haha 1

Alli not the only one I have noticed that almost all the spud players that play for England don't put Vardy through or simply pass to him.

Walker is another one that puts crosses in but when Vardy is on the pitch he plays it across the back four.

Hope Man Utd do them today, another season with only a fcuking teacup.