Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc sheff

Hamza Choudhury

36 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Do managers get involved in contract negotiations or sign off on things in this day and age? I can just imagine Rodgers trying to curry and buy favour and adding a few tens of thousands a week on. He’s got the classic buying loyalty feel about him - and that ends eventually in a lack of respect among a group when the penny drops…

I don't think managers have too much involvement but I might be wrong. I suspect they'd be more involved if a deal was stalling or negotiations for a new contract were and their desire for it to happen needed to be spelt out.

Rodgers did boast though, his excellence led to the majority of the squad getting increased wages through the success they achieved.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

What on earth you going on about? We have every right to question the wage structure at this club, it put us in a position where we had no financial flexibility to move players on and bring players in to the point we declined and got relegation. 

So Choudhurys wages are unacceptable,because you don’t rate him. This is where I question the right…others for our clubs standard, rate him.And accept balances have to be found. Like all collective products,you skimp on the costs,you start to  lose alround quality. And Choudhurys position and price being payed,ain’t going to break the bank..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/09/2023 at 13:59, Finnegan said:

Oh ffs 

I'm sorry Mark, I'd rather we extend Praet 

People seem to struggle with understanding why Praet is not good enough. Technically he's very good but he doesnt have the positioning.

He is usually out of the game because he doesnt understand where to stand to receive the ball and he doesnt anticipate what the opposition are going to do with the ball so he rarely provides any resistance to opposition attacks. 

Praet running down his contract is a good deal for us. At least Choudhury knows the basics of making himself available to receive a pass and is good at intercepting passes.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Is there such a thing ?

I thought was just ‘home grown’ ?

I think in the Premier League that you're meant to have 4 players that were at the club for a certain amount of time between 15 and 21. Might be an old rule or me being wrong, though. 

Edit: I think it's a rule that only applies for European competition, not Premier League. Therefore, irrelevant right now. 

Edited by pmcla26

7 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

One of our best players tonight imo. Might not be the best technical player but hes superb off the ball in his workrate and tenaciousness. Very good player to have in this squad 

In all fairness, I don’t think he’s too bad technically. He’s improved a lot from the Hamza who broke into the first team. Seems to have matured too. 

I’m not saying he’s the best don’t get me wrong.

• Like 1

On 14/09/2023 at 14:25, fuchsntf said:

And Choudhurys position and price being payed,ain’t going to break the bank..

No but times 35 it nearly did.

Look at the fecking mess we are in because of ridiculous wages being paid out on shite players and to a cvnt of a manager.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Put bluntly,  we didn't miss Riccy last night which is a good indictment of Hamzas performance. 

You know, and I say this as a complete fanboy of Ricky, I ain't been overimpressed with him in this role. He's been robbed in midfield at least once every game so far. 

I like Hamza. His pace, his edge, and a hint of arrogance that good players possess

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

You know, and I say this as a complete fanboy of Ricky, I ain't been overimpressed with him in this role. He's been robbed in midfield at least once every game so far. 

I like Hamza. His pace, his edge, and a hint of arrogance that good players possess

Agree. He's very technically gifted so I understand why he's in that role but him marauding down the flank and underlapping (which brings him infield) is where he's best. Having said that, definitely not as quick or sharp as he was pre injury(s) so maybe that's not his game anymore.

Almost forgot about Hamza which is probably a measure of how well he played. Some fantastic tackles in the first half.