Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc sheff

Hamza Choudhury

This is fascinating. If we believe what's been reported, Hamza had his contract automatically extended on the same terms as before, which was £60k a week in the PL. He'll have received a wage cut from relegation between 30-40%, but that's still am astonishingly high wage for a player of his stature in this current set up.

Any contract negotiations on his next contract simply have to be lower if we've got any credibility as a club, whom need to learn from their mistakes. Then the question is, would he take another big pay cut to be a bit part player or would he chance his arm going elsewhere for a nice signing on fee and be a 1st team player?

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

This is fascinating. If we believe what's been reported, Hamza had his contract automatically extended on the same terms as before, which was £60k a week in the PL. He'll have received a wage cut from relegation between 30-40%, but that's still am astonishingly high wage for a player of his stature in this current set up.

Any contract negotiations on his next contract simply have to be lower if we've got any credibility as a club, whom need to learn from their mistakes. Then the question is, would he take another big pay cut to be a bit part player or would he chance his arm going elsewhere for a nice signing on fee and be a 1st team player?

he's available on a free next summer

i reckon that's worth 5 to 10 grand a week over four years. and he should easily be able to get a championship contract on 25k.  so if we offer him a renewal at 30/35k (with a decent promotion bonus) then he will probably be interested.   i think enzo considers him to be ricardo's understudy in the inverted role.  we are also planning in the event that we miss out on promotion. hamza would probably be sold if he extended and we bounced back. i don't think he can hack it in the PL with enzo's approach.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

What is better for us as a club on the basis the club will probably be expecting, if not saying, to get promoted this season?

Losing him on a free and 40K off the books at the end of the season or signing him up for several seasons on slightly reduced terms and a possible fee of 3-5 million at somepoint if we did get promoted, as very likely he won't be near the starting squad if we did.

19 minutes ago, stu said:

What is better for us as a club on the basis the club will probably be expecting, if not saying, to get promoted this season?

Losing him on a free and 40K off the books at the end of the season or signing him up for several seasons on slightly reduced terms and a possible fee of 3-5 million at somepoint if we did get promoted, as very likely he won't be near the starting squad if we did.

Watford had an option to sign him for that sort of fee and chose not to, despite him being a regular for them last season. I'm not sure what side paid several million for him on £25-30k a week.

I think it's the end of the road with Hamza and us, although I don't dispute at this level he's capable.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

he's available on a free next summer

i reckon that's worth 5 to 10 grand a week over four years. and he should easily be able to get a championship contract on 25k.  so if we offer him a renewal at 30/35k (with a decent promotion bonus) then he will probably be interested.   i think enzo considers him to be ricardo's understudy in the inverted role.  we are also planning in the event that we miss out on promotion. hamza would probably be sold if he extended and we bounced back. i don't think he can hack it in the PL with enzo's approach.

I might be wide of the mark but is £25k a week an average wage for the division, I think that's where he should be in terms of ability but due to where he's come from, that's probably put of kilter.

I think it's time we went our separate ways but respect his contributions at this level.

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I might be wide of the mark but is £25k a week an average wage for the division, I think that's where he should be in terms of ability but due to where he's come from, that's probably put of kilter.

I think it's time we went our separate ways but respect his contributions at this level.

It’s not average for the championship in general but he should be pitching for a team pushing for promotion - therefore 25k is not unreasonable 

7 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Christ almighty, he's really not good enough to warrant an extension unless he willing to accept dramatically reduced terms. The money he was on in the Prem is just 1 example of terrible financial management by the Rudkin and Rodgers dream team.

That wage set wasn't under Rodgers. He was given a huge contract under the Puel era, I believe.

I've just checked - I'm wrong. It was under Rodgers.

• Haha 2

Fair play to him, he's worked his way into Enzos plans and seems to have nailed the back up role to Winks/Ricardo. If nothing else it shows how little I know about football! I assumed receiving the ball under pressure and moving it on with a good technique was a pre-requisite of midfielder in the current system. Honestly thought Soumare would flourish and Hamza would be out the door. It's been a humbling experience :D

48 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That wage set wasn't under Rodgers. He was given a huge contract under the Puel era, I believe.

I had to check myself before hitting send haha.

What better way to get your team to adore you than splashing the cash on them and then bragging in a newspaper article about how most of your squad are on better terms than before you joined.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

That’s your perception…sorry but how dare you qualify another persons wages. He sells his capabilities and another sees fit to pay for it…

Fans even media or podcast pundits have no right to dictate others wages..

If you hadn’t noticed this is the capitalist,democratic country the UK. I bet you want to collect your pennies for your work & wont send it back,because Dave thinks there should be a ceiling for……XYZ..

• Haha 1

Interesting one. He’s not as bad as some like to make out. I suggested early in pre-season that he had a part to play in the squad and was laughed out but Enzo obviously agrees. 

But, I cannot see him being needed if we go up, unless as a squad filler for a season as we re-establish. Maybe if the club are confident he can show more to his game this season, they perhaps think he could fetch some value.

Verdict, on reduced terms, possibly worth doing. But will he accept that?

Edited by LCFCJohn
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Chiltern Fox said:

Some of the Loughborough Facebook groups are good to keep in the picture. You do know the hospital in town has gone don't you?? Its now a nandos/pizza express/cinema.

Yep, and Burleigh and Garendon merged. The bypass round the centre finally got done, along with the big Tesco superstore/shopping area.  The old main post office shut (it moved).  The old big police station is now a little tiny thing :P 

I'm sure there's a lot more I haven't seen, too, but they're the main things I've noticed.  Oh, and Beacon Bingo is still there :P 

Edited by PhillippaT

I presume a lot of this will depend if there is a suitable club out there who will be willing to match what we might offer as a reduced salary. He still has to prove himself consistently even at this level, and i don't imagine any premier league clubs will be running for his signature at big rates.

I think Hamza would be mad not to extend at a reduced salary, as he has the chance to prove himself under Enzo.  

4 hours ago, PhillippaT said:

Yep, and Burleigh and Garendon merged. The bypass round the centre finally got done, along with the big Tesco superstore/shopping area.  The old main post office shut (it moved).  The old big police station is now a little tiny thing :P 

I'm sure there's a lot more I haven't seen, too, but they're the main things I've noticed.  Oh, and Beacon Bingo is still there :P 

I think you've covered everything important! :)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, st albans fox said:

It’s not average for the championship in general but he should be pitching for a team pushing for promotion - therefore 25k is not unreasonable 

Based on what? 
Playing a full season and finishing 11th with a team just relegated from the Prem.

Then not having the permanent clause activated?

• Like 1

On 12/09/2023 at 14:48, Ric Flair said:

Do managers get involved in contract negotiations or sign off on things in this day and age? I can just imagine Rodgers trying to curry and buy favour and adding a few tens of thousands a week on. He’s got the classic buying loyalty feel about him - and that ends eventually in a lack of respect among a group when the penny drops…

On 12/09/2023 at 08:51, moore_94 said:

https://www.teamtalk.com/leicester-city/exclusive-pencil-in-contract-talks-midfielder-leicester-city-several-clubs-aim-strike-deal

Leicester City are preparing to enter contract renewal talks with midfielder Hamza Choudhury, TEAMtalk understands.

Choudhury is in the final year of his contract at the King Power and the Foxes are eager to discuss potentially extending his stay. The former England U21 international has come through the ranks at Leicester, making 89 first-team appearances since being handed his debut against Liverpool in the League Cup back in 2017.

Sources have told TEAMtalk that a number of clubs are monitoring Choudhury’s situation at Leicester, but the East Midlands side will attempt to end all transfer talk by tying him down to fresh terms.

Crikey.