Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Patrick Roberts

Fleetwood were playing in a league (Nationwide Conference) being of a similar level to the Scottish Pub League when we signed Vardy.  That worked out handsomely in the end:ph34r:

13 hours ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

Not being funny but if we lose mahrez for 60 mill and get Roberts aswel that is not just good business it would be sensational, I really rate this kid and only 21 we would of proffed 

It will only be sensational business if Roberts were to turn out to be brilliant. He may or he may not, but it would be a case of 'speculation' rather than great business if it were to happen. That doesn't make it wrong but I can quite see where the hype is coming from for this lad.

Is he any better than Gray/Diabate ?

they would piss all over the Scottish league as well.

id like us to go for someone who’s ready to come in the team and played at the top level.

we will be talking about this lads “potential” for the next 2 years no doubt.

11 hours ago, Tuna said:

Really? I thought it was Mangala who was offered and we didn't want him.

They offered Mangala after it was clear Roberts wasn’t coming so that made it an even solider no lol 

39 minutes ago, tiredclimb said:

We aren't going to get a like for like replacement for Mahrez. This kind of signing would be good for us in my opinion. 

My mate who is Celtic supporter ,says he a very good player and is very similar to Mahrez in style, but a little lightweight.

5 minutes ago, dayday said:

My mate who is Celtic supporter ,says he a very good player and is very similar to Mahrez in style, but a little lightweight.

Just like Mahrez then ?

Saw Roberts in a few Celtic matches last season and he looks the business. 

13 hours ago, Beechey said:

Anyone know what he's like defending? Having a right back bombing forwards will mean our right winger will need to make an effort in defending

Only at Leicester would we be concerned with the defensive ability of our creative players. lol

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

Only at Leicester would we be concerned with the defensive ability of our creative players. lol

Well we play 442 so it's part of their job. It's not weird to not want your full back 2 on 1 through an entire game :P

Edited by Beechey

40 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Well we play 442 so it's part of their job. It's not weird to not want your full back 2 on 1 through an entire game :P

Haha I agree on that

I just find it funny how, as a fan base, the majority seem to care more about what a player can offer defensively, rather than what we can do going forwards. I suppose it's been brought about because we've got used to bending over and letting teams dominate us most games till this season.

11 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Haha I agree on that

I just find it funny how, as a fan base, the majority seem to care more about what a player can offer defensively, rather than what we can do going forwards. I suppose it's been brought about because we've got used to bending over and letting teams dominate us most games till this season.

Yeah, we've consistently been the team that is defending for large portions of the game. Could be it lol

17 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

40 appearances in 2 years in the SPL. 

Doesn't sound that exciting to me.

He's 21. lol

Imagine what Manchester City fans would say about Chilwell if they were linked with him?

Left-footed, that's rather rare for a CAM. Works hard, ball glued to his feet. Quick and skillful, too.

I'd rather we go back to our previous transfer strategy, and focus on signing young(er) talent, previously discarded players, unknowns from lower divisions, players other teams have given up on (like in the case with Robert Huth), and build a team from there, mixed with a few experienced heads. Especially young English talent seems to be somewhat overlooked by the top teams, I'm sure we could nab one or two to advance the team on the whole.

Edited by MC Prussian

This team could be our team in the next couple of years and if I'm not mistaken the oldest player there is Diabate at 22.         

Iheanacho

Gray    Diabate    Roberts

Ndidi Choudhury

Chilwell  CB    CB      RB

Lunin 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Does he take corners?

Do they get past the first man?

If the answer is yes to both its a no brainer.

That's what our superb short corners are for! Can't hit the first man if you pass to a team mate 5 feet away for them to return it to you in your offside position.

I don’t know, he’s young and has some ability but he’s been playing in Scotland anyone half decent stands out. One thing in his favour is that he’s used to the pace and physical nature of the British game. 

If he does come as part of the Mahrez deal for me it comes down to how much they want to shave off the fee for him.

Anything excessive and I would go for Hazard at BMG.  

On 12/05/2018 at 19:51, AjcW said:

He was the sticking point in Mahrez transfer collapsing last time as he didn’t want to leave Celtic mid season. 

So were clearly after him. 

No, no he wasn't. Manchester City didn't want Riyad to be their record signing.