Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

League 1 & 2 Thread - 2018/2019

Hasn't Campbell recently come out as saying he acknowledges he needs to work his way up the ladder?

He definitely used to be full of absolute rubbish, mind.

I'm not convinced he's strong enough mentally to be a top manager. A world class defender without doubt, but towards the end of his career he completely lost his marbles and a fair whack of his behaviour since his retirement has been borderline weird. 

I think Campbell is too southern focused for Macclesfield, I believe he's been involved with the Arsenal coaching setup for sometime and I can imagine his big plan was if he did get a job in the lower leagues, he'd be able to loan in a few Arsenal youngsters. However I think he'll have problems luring players from Arsenal all the way up there. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

18 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

I think Campbell is too southern focused for Macclesfield, I believe he's been involved with the Arsenal coaching setup for sometime and I can imagine his big plan was if he did get a job in the lower leagues, he'd be able to loan in a few Arsenal youngsters. However I think he'll have problems luring players from Arsenal all the way up there. 

He's had no coaching experience with Arsenal. 

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/551296/REVEALED-Sol-Campbell-Arsenal-coaching

8 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Oh really... that does surprise me. Then again that article was written in 2015, things could have changed since then.

Edited by Leicesterpool

On 27/11/2018 at 17:52, Corky said:

He strikes me as one of those top players who won't be able to cope with players who aren't as good as he was.

Reckon he'll leave after around six weeks.

He may well think that he has got what it takes, but the lower leagues can be as tough learning curve as managing in the PL in some ways.

There's more to learn than in the game than trying to get a team to score more goals and concede less etc.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SAFC1 said:

Blackpool have allocated us just short of 8000 tickets for our league game there on New Year’s Day lol 

lol That is mental but good for their town not just club.

I know there are some places that give out large allocations (Blackburn is like it) but I wouldn't have thought Blackpool's away end to be that big. I've been three times to Blackpool (once before it was all built up) and twice in the away end that is there now, you must be having the whole side.

I haven't seen the average away attendance for any division this season but I imagine you lot and Portsmouth fill out everywhere.

• Like 1