Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

France v Belgium - Semi Final Tues 10 July 7pm

9 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Anyone worked out the Belgian formation yet? 

It's difficult cause they keep moving about but I think it's 3-2-4-1 or 3-2-3-1-1 with the only width coming pretty high up the pitch. It's a bit like when a six year old playing FIFA comes up with something just to accomodate their favourate players.

Edited by fazzyfox

1 minute ago, fazzyfox said:

It's difficult cause they keep moving about but I think it's 3-2-4-1 or 3-2-3-1-1 with the only width coming pretty high up the pitch. It's a bit like when a six year old playing FIFA comes up with something just to accomodte their favourate players.

Sounds like a Bobbie Martinez sort of formation and philosophy tbf 

33 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I always feel sorry for Bobby Martinez.

He married a Scottish woman, whom he met playing for Motherwell.

I feel his pain.

I never knew a Scottish woman played for Motherwell

• Haha 1

Somebody tell these so called professionals on BBC that the Maradona photo they’re referring to happened in a completely different match to the one they were talking about.

This is amateur stuff.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Somebody tell these so called professionals on BBC that the Maradona photo they’re referring to happened in a completely different match to the one they were talking about.

This is amateur stuff.

This one?

Diego-Maradona-plays-agai-008.jpg?w=300&

4 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

This is amateur stuff.

Bit cringe from the BBC boys.

This is a decent read about that pic:

http://www.the42.ie/diego-maradona-picture-938745-Jun2014/

Great pic but its somewhat deceiving alright.

A) It's in 1982 not 1986

B) It's in a group game. That Belgium won.

C) Pic was taken shortly after a short free kick with belgium players still more or less in the wall position

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, SpazticChicken said:

It was from a freekick, the ball was played to him while they were all in a wall. A fantastic player but a classic bullsh** pic

I'd never heard of it until it was mentioned. Mind you I usually go off and sulk and not watch the WC anymore once we're out.

• Like 1