Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest seanfox778

UEFA Champions League 2018/19

Oh for ****s sake, do we all hate Liverpool on here now too? I can’t keep up??

I’m very sorry but I thoroughly enjoy watching them and some spurs players... I’ll go hang myself now for crimes against foxestalk lol lol 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

The Famous Anfield Atmosphere.  Perhaps THE biggest myth in world football.

tbf when they are winning (aka last season amongst others) it is one of the best atmospheres in europe and comfortably the best anywhere in this country. 

but games like tonight where the opposition don’t let them just batter them then it’s quiet as anything. until 93 mins ofc. 

3 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

tbf when they are winning (aka last season amongst others) it is one of the best atmospheres in europe and comfortably the best anywhere in this country. 

but games like tonight where the opposition don’t let them just batter them then it’s quiet as anything. until 93 mins ofc. 

I wholly disagree with that statement. There is actually nothing special about anfield. Just average. 

5 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

Good one. :claudio:

Im fully on board with the Spurs dislike, cant imagine ill ever wish them well.....But, Liverpool i fully enjoy watching on these European nights in the last few seasons and the constant press and never say die attitude reminds me so much of the times we had a couple of seasons back.

31 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I wholly disagree with that statement. There is actually nothing special about anfield. Just average. 

that’s fine everyone can make their own judgement. league games are pathetic, liverpool fans will admit that themselves. tourist traps and sunday lunchtime kick offs etc. silent. 

but the champions league when theyre on a run is one of the best atmospheres in the world. i’m talking 05, 07, the europa league run in 2016 and last year, the locals get the place going from about 4 in the afternoon and it’s mental. hard to argue with that but go for it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

These BT Pundits are unbearable. They're so disrespectful to foreign leagues, it's a joke.

Hargreaves asking when does Radja Nagggfllllnnnia want to play the PL? I don’t know Owen may be the same reason you stayed away from the PL until you were past it, injury prone and wanting a pay day 

8 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

that’s fine everyone can make their own judgement. league games are pathetic, liverpool fans will admit that themselves. tourist traps and sunday lunchtime kick offs etc. silent. 

but the champions league when theyre on a run is one of the best atmospheres in the world. i’m talking 05, 07, the europa league run in 2016 and last year, the locals get the place going from about 4 in the afternoon and it’s mental. hard to argue with that but go for it. 

They were winning against one of the biggest, richest clubs in the world for most of the game tonight and all you could hear were PSG fans. 

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

They were winning against one of the biggest, richest clubs in the world for most of the game tonight and all you could hear were PSG fans. 

yeah i know, i said it sounded rubbish last night. 

i was just saying that “famous atmosphere” is not something that’s made up from nothing, it’s not a myth, it’s just not as frequent as people like danny murphy or whoever on the tele claim it is. when they are doing things in europe it is one hell of a gaff, can’t argue with that. 

1 minute ago, ScouseFox said:

i was just saying that “famous atmosphere” is not something that’s made up from nothing, it’s not a myth, it’s just not as frequent as people like danny murphy or whoever on the tele claim it is. when they are doing things in europe it is one hell of a gaff, can’t argue with that. 

When people are excited they go bonkers, ain't really much of a shock. You could just as much talk about famous European nights in Leicester, it was absolutely incredible against Sevilla and Atleti.

Personally think its less about Anfield being special and more about Chelsea and United being dreadful, even when they're excited it's awful. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

When most sides are beating the best of Europe there's going to be a right racket.

I wouldn't say Anfield is anything particularly impressive. Certainly no better than our gaff when we were in the Champions League for example.

13 hours ago, AjcW said:

Oh for ****s sake, do we all hate Liverpool on here now too? I can’t keep up??

I’m very sorry but I thoroughly enjoy watching them and some spurs players... I’ll go hang myself now for crimes against foxestalk lol lol 

They have to put us both against the Wall.

these hate campaigns I despair..!!  2 great "footballing" clubs...Great fans for banter... "Fighting cock"...even spurs fans dislike the shrott,they

get on the forum. If we are not carefull...we'll see this forum drop into the ambiguity of nothing but disdain for any other club.

which initself,means we are then also nobodies and runs into envious pathos.....

sorry but dislike how a club is run,or certain actions...I understand....

But not this treppid continual barrage of hate....in fact it shows up more, the lack of form,in our own forum,we are slowly becoming the mirror

Of those characteristics we despise in other forums....

Quite a good few posters have mentioned,that since title win...the "respect to others remarks "have devalued and we are approaching rapidly

as mentioned from within the  forum of ambigious,arrogant,unknowledgeable "nobodies" Who can only flower disdain over  opponents

Thankfully..and why I still love this forum ,even with its sometimes east midland wry grumpy outakes,is most of the time thoughtfull,amusing,

But fair forum....  A club forum even,with a modern single title,and only modest tradition,can sometimes show it's pecky,below belt silly 

Outings of others....

And let's be Honest,we won the title,and still have not built up a tradition of a top 6 club,and a guaranteed future of

top 8 long time era.....L'pool and Spurs,both more financially secure,but not the biggest of big clubs,still compete in their worst

Seasons in the top 7. Still playing decent entertaining football....oh yes the odd bow shot,and part-time can be amusing....

But too often becomes pathetic and boring....and reflects on this forums balance of fairness and actual competent knowledge.

Because in all honesty their hard-core mature fans rightly,proudly.....would say even without a modern era PL title......

:dunno:...what's ya real gripe...:dunno:. We have CL / Euro  nights to remember,season in,season out..

I know,I know..every one believes in free speach,and a right to be a twat,several times in our English lives...

I am a permanent twattish happy clapper,who enjoys with good smart respectful lads from other PL teams an open,exciting 

amusing,critical/plaudits...banter.

I just ask,and only ,ask,let's not turn into "that sort ".  Forum,we have self criticised in the past for their antics,and any/total lack of respect,

to others...We won 99% of the football world over ( some Spurs..1.6% excepted. 0.2% of our own,0.2 forest and Derby),

We became their story,also with joy and envy...We dreamed of Athletico like paths....we failed big time....

So crowing about others...) Continuously (.....seems in old English...fking poor form...and below this forums normal classy tones..

Ps..all rants welcome..:P

• Like 1