Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest seanfox778

UEFA Champions League 2018/19

1 minute ago, Nalis said:

Spurs are better without Kane.

Son is suspended for the 1st leg of the semi too though.

Yes - and I think England would have been too - in the latter stages of the World Cup.

Edited by trabuch
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

It'll be overlooked by the drama but Wanyama getting to the half way line in the 91st minute and seeing no other option than to twat it as far as he could into the stands was the standout moment of the entire match.

when i saw that and danny rose sprinting off the pitch when poch made a “time wasting sub” i was almost sure there must’ve been some match fixing goin on 

Ughh, was hoping to come in here and see the majority spaffing over one of the greatest games of football ever not a load of moaning!! 

The Spurs goal would have been given without VAR and was given with because in the refs eyes he didn’t move his arm... what’s the issue? At the end of the day the ref is there to make decisions, he made one without VAR and stuck to it when he watched it back. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

That's something I can understand, but for me the CL wouldn't be what it is without the away goals. It's a 180 minutes game.

And what's to stop a team that has the security of an away goal shutting up shop? It can produce negative football too. Works both ways.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier

7 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

One of the best games of football I have ever had the pleasure of witnessing.

That sir..is what is all about.not the other poor boys,nights being ruined because their dislike for another club or clubs take priority....

Brilliant game,brilliant controversy...Brilliant talking points.....Best CL quarters,for years!!!

Few had spurs on their list....I did.!!!!

now the game on Saturday...Spurs to ruin MCs PL title as well!!!

Edited by fuchsntf

3 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I've proper misremembered there. 

Should maybe lay off the anvils dropping onto my head from height.. 

As bovril said, the Coca-Cola Cup semi-finals was clearly what you meant so we'll let you off ;)

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I thought watching 60k city fans, Guaridola and Sterling thinking they had won it to be ruled out correctly offside was hilarious 

Yeh but it could happen to us one day and it won’t be so funny.

This VAR is a slippery slope, believe me.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

And what's to stop a team that has the security of an away goal shutting up shop. It can produce negative football too. Works both ways.

Of course and many tried it. Sometimes successfully, sometimes not. But in my opinion, taking away the away goal would actively encourage the bus parking, while the incentive of nicking an away goal, which could be crucial in the second leg, would still appeal to a lot of teams. A kind of high-risk high-reward.

Edited by That_Dude

6 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

That is mental.

To be fair, offside is probably the only thing VAR should be used for, you can’t argue with that decision.

However, the amount of time it took to make the decision leaves a bitter taste in the mouth because, as a football fan, you basically can’t let loose and celebrate a euphoric moment anymore; there’s always a chance it will be ruled out 2 minutes later.

They should be able to get the message across that it’s offside almost instantaneously, certainly much, much quicker than that because it was obvious and football fans do not deserve to have the wool essentially pulled over their eyes.

Celebrating a goal is not what it was and that’s tragic.

Why???? You can celebrate twice...or cry twice....They should put up the prices,double enjoyment of emptiness and empathy for the price of one ticket!!!

3 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

Of course and many tried it. Sometimes successfully, sometimes not. But in my opinion, taking away the away goal would actively encourage the bus parking, while the incentive of nicking an away goal, which could be crucial in the second leg, would still appeal to a lot of teams. A kind of high risk high reward.

Tbh I've just got the hump because Spurs went through. I'll get over it. Man City only have themselves to blame for some atrocious blunders.

• Haha 1