Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho / Nacho Man

1 hour ago, SO1 said:

Sturridge always had the ability and Rodgers/Liverpool gave him the freedom to express it. Remember seeing Danny on loan at Bolton where he tore it up. You could see the ability he had.

Couldn't understand why Manchester and Chelsea were blind.

I thought he was excellent last week and seems to be improving with every game. Sturridge though. From your lips to God's ear.

Who was excellent?

Ok. I thought Nacho was better than the last time he played. Maybe excellent was to extreme a word. I can't help my optimism sometimes. Must be Brendan rubbing off on me.

27 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

If anyone is keen on keeping Iheanacho as our second striker, let me just ask you the question of whether you’d be satisfied to rely on him for any length of time if Vardy got injured.

I wouldn’t....

Simple as that for me.

If Vardy was out, I would genuinely rather have Gray or Barnes up front.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

If anyone is keen on keeping Iheanacho as our second striker, let me just ask you the question of whether you’d be satisfied to rely on him for any length of time if Vardy got injured.

I wouldn’t....

Simple as that for me.

This. :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

I wouldn’t....

Simple as that for me.

Keep the team we have now and replace Gray with someone who can pass intelligently, and yes I would. Rodgers wants us playing quick, dynamic football with interplay with the front 5, and I think Kelechi would do this.

He needs to earn his place, he’s not going to displace Vards, but he’s also had some performances that show his ability. It’s not a talent or brains thing with him for me, it’s confidence and reps.

Yes, he had a great Man City team around him (not as good as they are now) but he had to be in the right place at the right time and understand how to fit in order to get the goals he scored. Under Puel, it was slow and turgid, and look how crappy even Jamie looked at times. So yes, I would give him a chance before needed - he’s better than Petagna and Andre Silva for sure 

Edited by HoustonFox
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Keep the team we have now and replace Gray with someone who can pass intelligently, and yes I would. Rodgers wants us playing quick, dynamic football with interplay with the front 5, and I think Kelechi would do this.

He needs to earn his place, he’s not going to displace Vards, but he’s also had some performances that show his ability. It’s not a talent or brains thing with him for me, it’s confidence and reps.

Yes, he had a great Man City team around him (not as good as they are now) but he had to be in the right place at the right time and understand how to fit in order to get the goals he scored. Under Puel, it was slow and turgid, and look how crappy even Jamie looked at times. So yes, I would give him a chance before needed - he’s better than Petagna and Andre Silva for sure 

Fair enough. Kelechi CAN finish for sure. It’s his all round game I hope Rodgers works with him on. I’m sure he will.

I guess we’ll see

23 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

I wonder how well we can use him now we've got Tielemans, Maddison and Barnes. (Hopefully all three next season...) We finally have some players who could supply his generally excellent finishing. I'm not super hopeful and I think we should look for another striker but I think we could get a better return out of him with those three around him.

3 hours ago, Foxxed said:

I wonder how well we can use him now we've got Tielemans, Maddison and Barnes. (Hopefully all three next season...) We finally have some players who could supply his generally excellent finishing. I'm not super hopeful and I think we should look for another striker but I think we could get a better return out of him with those three around him.

Exactly! It’s an exciting thought! 

• 2 weeks later...

That's all she wrote.  We can safely say he has no future in this squad.  Get what we can and put it toward Che Adams or another young striker.

• Like 1