Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho / Nacho Man

Just now, shailen said:

He hasn't been great this season but why boo a player when he is just coming on. Fair enough if we boo the team once the game is over but for 90 minutes there has to only be support for the 11 men in blue on that pitch. 

If nacho had missed the chance Vardy did then everyone would have gone crazy. For me he's not had enough of a chance this season.

I agree, the booing is counter productive. But if Vardy gave very little, couldn't score, had a poor touch, not have the confidence of his team, couldn't head the ball etc then yes we would be going on at vardy the same way. So cannot compare 

11 minutes ago, hejammy said:

I agree, the booing is counter productive. But if Vardy gave very little, couldn't score, had a poor touch, not have the confidence of his team, couldn't head the ball etc then yes we would be going on at vardy the same way. So cannot compare 

Agreed but rightly he has not really had much time to prove himself because of how good Vardy can be and has been. He's only had a handful of appearances and most of them are from the bench. 

Why he then gets mocked is beyond me?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, shailen said:

Agreed but rightly he has not really had much time to prove himself because of how good Vardy can be and has been. He's only had a handful of appearances and most of them are from the bench. 

Why he then gets mocked is beyond me?

Come off it.

He has made 33 league and cup appearances this year.   Two goals.  I know that most of them were cameos but a lot of them weren't. 

He has really been the pits all season I'm afraid and we just can't afford to carry passengers.

Edited by murphy

Let’s be honest ..  at the minute he is simply not good enough and if we have any aspirations of catching and overtaking teams like Wolves and Everton we must have better options than him !!    He’s only worth tuppence now so probably best to loan him out or use as a makeweight in another deal.   Unless BR sees something we don’t on the training field he just has to go.  

33 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Let’s be honest ..  at the minute he is simply not good enough and if we have any aspirations of catching and overtaking teams like Wolves and Everton we must have better options than him !!    He’s only worth tuppence now so probably best to loan him out or use as a makeweight in another deal.   Unless BR sees something we don’t on the training field he just has to go.  

Very very very difficult to say he's not good enough when he's never once had a meaningful run of games. 

51 minutes ago, murphy said:

Come off it.

He has made 33 league and cup appearances this year.   Two goals.  I know that most of them were cameos but a lot of them weren't. 

He has really been the pits all season I'm afraid and we just can't afford to carry passengers.

Agreed that he hasn't shown enough to start when he's had chances off the bench but he's only had cameo appearances, and a lot of the time he's not being asked to play the main striker role.

Maybe he's not good enough for us and he's not shown enough I agree but Vardy looked totally ineffective whilst Puel was here and who is to say the same didn't happen with Nacho. He may improve likewise if he's given the chance by the fans as well under BR.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, M0901 said:

Very very very difficult to say he's not good enough when he's never once had a meaningful run of games. 

He’s not good enough...  there ...   easy to say ..   :)

Im not being argumentative for the sake of it but if we do keep giving him chances it will affect the teams preformance and morale ...  for the benefit of everyone he needs to play elsewhere and hopefully get his confidence back. 

Edited by Countryfox
  • Like 1

Still think he has plenty to offer. Gets 2-3 minutes most weeks, often jeered on by his own fans. I can see a couple of reasons why he might benefit from a little more football before we wrote off a player who looked excellent before joining us. 

1 hour ago, M0901 said:

Two years, 60 appearances.  Not good enough.  Not even close.  Even his national coach has run out of patience with him.

He doesn't get a run of games because we actually want to try to win them.

Edited by murphy
  • Like 2

Tend to agree on some comments where we should send him out on loan maybe to another Prem sided to give him game time and get his confidence back, whatever has happened or been said behind close doors to wreck his confidence the lad just needs 90 minutes for a few months out in loan let’s see if he can pull back his form rather than sell him on prob lose out on another decent player alike Kapustka who’s scoring for fun in Germany !!

Guest Markyblue

Got to go out on loan, probably championship team next season hopefully build his confidence up and in the meantime buy a proper partner replacement for vards we have no one what soever.