Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho / Nacho Man

30 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Hiding inside his body? 

Whereabouts?... 

Loads of room to hide in his skull. 

I still believe he will come good:yesyes:

I think, fundamentally, you have to look at it this way - Man City have all the money in the world and no need to sell so why would they let a hot young prospect go?

- he forced a move to get guaranteed games

- he's not good enough and they wanted to cash in while they could

Unfortunately it's looking like option 2. It's great to be a poacher on the end of passes from Silva or DeBruyne but in other squads you have to work.

Loan him out to get games and do damage limitation. The best young players aren't always the most skilled but they put in effort to keep the manager thinking of them. Has Kelechi REALLY shown that desire?

Honestly think his career is all downhill from now.

• Like 2

Guest MattP

Sorry but we can't be sending a player on 100k a week who cost 28 million on loan to the Championship. 

If he's so low on quality we need to do that with him just get rid and cut our losses.

5 minutes ago, MattP said:

Sorry but we can't be sending a player on 100k a week who cost 28 million on loan to the Championship. 

If he's so low on quality we need to do that with him just get rid and cut our losses.

Who would buy him though and if so what's he worth?.. 

• Like 1

Guest MattP
6 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Who would buy him though and if so what's he worth?.. 

Well he is worth less than we paid for him lol

I'd ideally be trying to offload him to one of the promoted clubs, but we'll surely still have to contribute to his wage unfortunately. 

Looks much sharper since Rodgers came in and seems to be making the right runs at the right time. Just seems to want it more. 

I know it was only a short cameo role again today and not overstating what he did but he just looked so disinterested under Puel. Maybe they didn't get on and he feels like there's a new opportunity to show Rodgers and us what he's got now that there's a new manager in. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, lgfualol said:

Thought I would open this thread to a ton of abuse. He needs to play a bit more before the season ends. Start the team we finished with next game imo.

In theory I agree with this. Barnes also changed the game when he came on and it became glaringly obvious what that he brings something the side needs

but - with the teams were playing I wouldn’t expect a change to two strikers to start 

8 minutes ago, jonthefox said:

Rodgers is determined to get a tune out of him. 

We can but hope. Vardy had a terrible first season, great second season and an inconsistent one before he went into beast mode the title winning season. Hopefully Rodgers can find the player in Nacho Man this summer. 

• Like 3

Iheanacho has been a real disappointment since he got here but you can't argue with his pedigree.

He was the most prolific striker in PL history before he got here by goals per minute and he was the top goalscorer in the U17 World Cup. 

Maybe BR doesn't buy a striker in the summer and improves Iheanacho?

2 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Iheanacho has been a real disappointment since he got here but you can't argue with his pedigree.

He was the most prolific striker in PL history before he got here by goals per minute and he was the top goalscorer in the U17 World Cup. 

Maybe BR doesn't buy a striker in the summer and improves Iheanacho?

Whether Iheanacho improves or not we really need a striker. 

Can't imagine Slimani is staying and Okazaki is leaving on a free. Leaves us with only 2 strikers which is stupid when it comes to planning for next season. It's one place we have to strengthen (depth-wise) because if Vardy and/or Iheanacho get injured we're literally left with no one. 

• Like 1

Think he did about all he could in his limited time, including a good bit of hold-up work for the goal. It'd be nice to see him get a bit more of a run out between now and the end of the season as these five-ten minute cameos aren't really going to do much for his form, confidence or development. 

I maintain there's a player in there and hopefully Rodgers can help him realise his potential.

On ‎19‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 08:19, RowlattsFox said:

I think he needs a fresh start, I'd be happy to cut our losses if we got a reasonable bid. A loan abroad would be a good move. I think Brendan will get him back in preseason but 5 minutes at the end of every game isn't going to do him any good. 

Spot on.

Based on the rumour mill of strikers we are being linked to (Petagna, Andre Silva), there is certainly a theme there - hard working 9s that link play (although one is slow and one is fast). 

Makes me wonder if Kelechi has a future, he can link play, act as a pivot and when confident, can finish. Brendan also calls him “Kels” which means he’s familiar and maybe likes him. I’d watch and wait on that as he may try and make him into Daniel Sturridge 2.0 (minus the injuries I hope!!)

Sturridge always had the ability and Rodgers/Liverpool gave him the freedom to express it. Remember seeing Danny on loan at Bolton where he tore it up. You could see the ability he had.

Couldn't understand why Manchester and Chelsea were blind.

I thought Nacho was excellent last week and seems to be improving with every game. Sturridge though. From your lips to God's ear.

Edited by SO1