Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho / Nacho Man

19 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

Got to go out on loan, probably championship team next season hopefully build his confidence up and in the meantime buy a proper partner replacement for vards we have no one what soever. 

i don't think either another Premiership Team or Championship loan would work. As in the Prem he'd suffer the same faith and problems he's having with us.The Championship equally would probably be too physical in his current mindset.  Which is why I've suggested Celtic, a good Club with good players playing in a league were the opposition are not quite so good.

He could flourish in this environment and come back to Leicester in a new mindset and raring to go. If it doesn't work then he's found his level.

• Like 1

I felt sorry for him yesterday. A few times Madders, Tilelemans and others had the ball but he was hardly ever if ever passed the ball and the ball went the other way.

He is young and IMO I still think there is something there. Im not into loaning the older players like Silva, King, Slimani etc, Id rather punt them out. However players of the age like Nacho can go somewhere and improve enough to come back with either added value or to challenge for a first team spot. Send him somewhere like Germany!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Never really worked out for him here, should be moved on in my opinion, sometimes a player and club just do not fit.

That's fair comment but who is going to give us anything like what he's cost us. unless he proves himself somewhere else. Maybe even send him back home for a while.

31 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Never really worked out for him here, should be moved on in my opinion, sometimes a player and club just do not fit.

He’s had the chance to make it happen though, it’s up to a player to push himself.

22 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

That's fair comment but who is going to give us anything like what he's cost us. unless he proves himself somewhere else. Maybe even send him back home for a while.

We’ll never get that back whatever happens ...   will have to bite the bullet at some point though ...   still, we have made a few bob on other players  :) ...    swings and roundabouts.

2 hours ago, Countryfox said:

We’ll never get that back whatever happens ...   will have to bite the bullet at some point though ...   still, we have made a few bob on other players  :) ...    swings and roundabouts.

You could very well be right. But he must have had something that attracted both us and Man city. He's never had, and is unlikely to, get a run in our team at present. But that doesn't make him a bad player,  A run in a league were he would score regularly would work wonders for his confidence. Then just maybe we might get most of our money back. Which is why I suggested Scotland.

Personally I think he would flourish alongside a big no 9. A bit like Cottee used to play for us. But we're unlikely to change style with Vardy here.

So the mystery goes on. What to do with him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

You could very well be right. But he must have had something that attracted both us and Man city. He's never had, and is unlikely to, get a run in our team at present. But that doesn't make him a bad player,  A run in a league were he would score regularly would work wonders for his confidence. Then just maybe we might get most of our money back. Which is why I suggested Scotland.

Personally I think he would flourish alongside a big no 9. A bit like Cottee used to play for us. But we're unlikely to change style with Vardy here.

So the mystery goes on. What to do with him.

Jockland would be a good choice ...   but I doubt they’d have him ...  yes, something attracted Man City ...  but they sold him didn’t they ... anyway, either by loan or whatever, we need to move on ...   we just can’t afford to keep ‘trying’ with him ...   bite the bullet ..  cut the losses ...   I realised that after Claude left ...  he did a lot of good things but when BR came in the improvement was so obvious ...   will be the same with him ...   new player comes in, hits the ground running, scores goals, interchanges with Vardy ...   we’ll be saying Nacho who ???  ...    time to move on. 

Do feel for him and musa before also anybody else that we bring in cos their name is not Jamie vardy.  That is no criticism of jv but if he is fit he plays simple. Anybody else will always be second fiddle at least for the next couple of years and that is a problem when trying to recruit. Anyone any good will know that they will be and be reluctant to come here and rightly so when you have one of the best strikers in the league. Nacho left mcfc cos he knew he was third behind aguiro and jesus. That said a season loan where he can get regular starts might the answer. Build his confidence and then maybe can rotate with jv to eventually be ta key over the reigns 

We really are up Effluent Valley without a rowing implement regards Iheanacho.

We have £54m tied up in him and Slim.  Neither has much resale value at the moment and we need a second striker.

If we send Nacho on loan, we have to buy a striker for a third time.  Can we afford that?  That's before we take another likely hit on Silva.  We need to pull out all the stops to try and offload permanently as we need the money.

Best case I can imagine is that someone comes in with £15m each for either Slim or Nacho or hopefully both but I can't see it.

It looks more and more like Iheanacho will never work out here. I do sympathise with him on a human level. He's still only young and he's having a torrid time with us. Major goal drought and booed by his own supporters. Whether individuals feel it's deserved or not - personally I wouldn't ever boo our own - it's not pleasant to watch. There were three occasions I counted on Friday night where he'd made a good run off his marker in the closing stages and each time we pushed it towards Vardy or another who was in a worse position or more closely marked. The guy is desperate for a goal and it was a shame for him to see his positive runs not rewarded with a pass.

Iheanacho needs the end of the season and the opportunity to either move on or get his head together and come back a better player. No doubt he's not helped himself this season but he can't carry on with his current circumstances, something has to change.

• Like 3

I'm afraid it's looking like the only outstanding talent he has is pointing to others to chase and cover whilst he stands around looking disinterested.

He's also good at being caught offside, even if he's only on the pitch for five minutes.

I'm afraid he will end up in League 1, playing alongside the player he's based his game on, (Beckford), who also had great talent for being totally disinterested.

Both Iheanacho and Slim have turned out to be a total waste of an awful lot of money. I would have preferred to have given some of our academy squad players a chance, which I think would have happened under Puel, but he had to put up with the previous managers signings.

I hope Rodgers gets rid of both very quickly, and we either promote from within, or sign an experienced proven P/L striker, although at the silly current prices it would be crazy to sit them on the bench as it's doubtful anyone will replace Vardy until he retires, loses form, or gets injured. So the former is my preferred option in the shorter term.

19 hours ago, TamworthFoxes said:

This is always a common misconception about him that baffles me. “Looked excellent before joining us”. No he did not. He tapped in a couple of sitters in the last 10 minutes for a team who create hatfuls of chances. Every Man City fan I speak to knew he was sub standard and were amazed they got anywhere near the money they did.

A player that seems sub-standard compared to the rest of the Man City team is by no means guarantees they are not a top player. We're talking about a fanbase that view one of our best players ever as a useless waste of money.

Edited by danny2997
bad wording

On 13/04/2019 at 14:35, Clever Fox said:

i don't think either another Premiership Team or Championship loan would work. As in the Prem he'd suffer the same faith and problems he's having with us.The Championship equally would probably be too physical in his current mindset.  Which is why I've suggested Celtic, a good Club with good players playing in a league were the opposition are not quite so good.

He could flourish in this environment and come back to Leicester in a new mindset and raring to go. If it doesn't work then he's found his level.

The problem is I think the SPL is too weak of a league, the championship is proven good enough to breed EPL players.

If he cant handle the championship then he definitely isnt good enough.

I am fine with him been given sub appearances this season as we dont really have anyone else other than oki, but in the summer I feel we need to get probably 2 more strikers in, with oki going, and also send out nacho on loan.

The problem with nacho is it isnt just one thing wrong, if it wasnt for his value I wouldnt even be advocating a loan.  But we cant sell him in his current state we would lose at least 2/3 of what we paid for him.

The current issues been, poor first touch, bad attitude and not making runs.

In the last game he came on, the latter seemed not as bad as previous appearances, there was a bit more movement.  First touch couldnt really be judged as he didnt really get the ball, but I have always considered first touch a natural skill not something you get with training hence me not been particularly positive about him.

Pointless sending him (or anyone else) on loan to the SPL. National League is probably stronger once you discard the top 2/3.

Keep him here and with a pre-season under BR and he may re-ignite the talent that is currently hiding inside Nacho's body?

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

Pointless sending him (or anyone else) on loan to the SPL. National League is probably stronger once you discard the top 2/3.

Keep him here and with a pre-season under BR and he may re-ignite the talent that is currently hiding inside Nacho's body?

Hiding inside his body? 

Whereabouts?... 

Loads of room to hide in his skull. 

I think he needs a fresh start, I'd be happy to cut our losses if we got a reasonable bid. A loan abroad would be a good move. I think Brendan will get him back in preseason but 5 minutes at the end of every game isn't going to do him any good.