Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho / Nacho Man

Just wasn't meant to be. Best chance of the game goes to the least confident player. But...Kompany's goal kind of deserved to win the title.

To be fair, they totally deserve it, anyway.

An incredible team.

But I thought we did pretty well...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KingKoala said:

well I think I was wrong here:sweating:

I know what you mean.Nacho was  a regular match day squad player.Our Man U contingent we’re all ressies.They knew they had to go down to come back up.Nacho had to hit the ground running here and it simply hasn’t happened.To say he’s totally useless is a bit harsh as he’s had patches.Since Xmas though it’s been bleak to say the least.

28 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Most of these comments are absolutely pathetic.

Have every reason to judge him, it’s not like he contributes to the team nor is this his first mistake. And to make it even worse he cost over 20M! Poor excuse of a striker end of story.

1 hour ago, Mendi said:

Brendan Rodgers on the Iheanacho chance: "He should score. I have said that to him afterwards. In the big games there are not many moments. You have to score that. He knows."

Brendan not mixing his words. Some harsh truths for Nacho. 

• Like 4

I'm also despairing of Kelechi right now, and see very little hope that he'll come good for us.

A friend of mine was saying the other day that we could bring in Youri / Youri Replacement and 2-3 more players without selling any key players, but by allowing contracts to run out and flogging Gray for 20m, Slimani for 10m, Silva for 10m, Kelechi for 15m, Mendy for 15m. And, yes, if clubs were likely to pay those fees for those players you could certainly raise 60-70m extra without any great loss of quality. But of all the fees he mentioned (I may have 1 or 2 wrong), 15m for Iheanacho (and on his wages) seemed like the most hopeful.

Whatever pace he had seems to have abandoned him, as has his touch, his finishing, his work-rate. A lot of that is confidence and, of course, he has time on his side to fix it, but it just feels like we've witnessed the steady, grim, constant decline of a player over two seasons. It feels like he's going the way of a Michael Johnson or a Nick Powell.

That said, I don't agree with the total slating of the guy. He's 22/23, unless I'm mistaken, and if it weren't for the money we'd (over)spent on him and our high expectations then we'd probably want to give someone with his potential a bit longer. That's not excusing his performances, nor is it to say that people who are slating him haven't got a point, rather that I feel we're achieving nothing. And we've seen players over the years get off to a miserable start and later prove their worth, especially at his age. While he's here, I'll keep hoping that next week is the week he'll turn it around.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Conscript Fox said:

One of the big givens in the game is the goal against the former side, on the big day, to screw them over, no matter how shit you were there, or here, before or since, that goal v the former club is a thing.

Except for this guy.

Wait until we sell him lol 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

I'm also despairing of Kelechi right now, and see very little hope that he'll come good for us.

A friend of mine was saying the other day that we could bring in Youri / Youri Replacement and 2-3 more players without selling any key players, but by allowing contracts to run out and flogging Gray for 20m, Slimani for 10m, Silva for 10m, Kelechi for 15m, Mendy for 15m. And, yes, if clubs were likely to pay those fees for those players you could certainly raise 60-70m extra without any great loss of quality. But of all the fees he mentioned (I may have 1 or 2 wrong), 15m for Iheanacho (and on his wages) seemed like the most hopeful.

Whatever pace he had seems to have abandoned him, as has his touch, his finishing, his work-rate. A lot of that is confidence and, of course, he has time on his side to fix it, but it just feels like we've witnessed the steady, grim, constant decline of a player over two seasons. It feels like he's going the way of a Michael Johnson or a Nick Powell.

That said, I don't agree with the total slating of the guy. He's 22/23, unless I'm mistaken, and if it weren't for the money we'd (over)spent on him and our high expectations then we'd probably want to give someone with his potential a bit longer. That's not excusing his performances, nor is it to say that people who are slating him haven't got a point, rather that I feel we're achieving nothing. And we've seen players over the years get off to a miserable start and later prove their worth, especially at his age. While he's here, I'll keep hoping that next week is the week he'll turn it around.

I think you can argue the toss on that bit. Half of me agrees and another half of me thinks if he hadn't he'd have been binned sooner than he has been. Diabate style.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

If I can think of one positive about the incident - Choudhury did ****ing superbly.

Tim Cahill said it was Ndidi on MOTD but was wrong.

As for Iheanacho, he's made 51 PL appearances for us - 16 starts, 35 sub - and scored four goals.

He's reactive rather than proactive.

He doesn't put a proper shift in, that is unforgivable.

Some transfers just don't work. We should cut our losses.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Went to bed last night really hacked off with him.

He just shows no urgency , he seems to have this languid, laid back attitude which I could live with it when a decent chance came his way he would put it away.