Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho / Nacho Man

7 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

I know what you mean.Nacho was  a regular match day squad player.Our Man U contingent we’re all ressies.They knew they had to go down to come back up.Nacho had to hit the ground running here and it simply hasn’t happened.To say he’s totally useless is a bit harsh as he’s had patches.Since Xmas though it’s been bleak to say the least.

I can only remember him contributing in the Peterboro FA cup game last season. I dont think we have ever had a player that has contributed so little in such a long period.

Just cant make up my mind what it is down too, sometimes its just wrong player at the wrong club. 

13 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Latest victim of the LCFC striker graveyard. I'm terrified of what will happen when Vards can't get 15-20 goals a season anymore.

Its a very disturbing concept, no one is going to come here while Vards is here, because (rightly) they will barely get a look in, but eventually a replacement will be needed and if we have not developed a youngster then we are going to have a helluva job even finding a top 6 (coz thats what we'll be :) ) replacement striker.

Hmm maybe ill just worry about that bridge when it arrives :)

9 hours ago, Spiritwalker said:

It was such a poor effort I wonder if it was deliberate.

On seeing the replay it looks a lot less deliberate than it felt at the time, but I'm still not sure that's better.

I have defended him heavily in the past but after that clear-cut miss at such an important stage in the season that could of gave us 7th. If we ever want to push for top 6, we cannot do it with him. I'm am officially done with the guy, I don't want his attitude near our 1st team again. #seeya

• Like 2

Got to the stage where I feel sorry for him now, he has just lost any confidence he ever had. It would be unfair to witch hunt him on the basis of yesterdays chance, every striker misses a sitter but its a combination of all we've seen this season. People might say give him pre-season but he had a positive pre-season last year and we all felt he'd turned a corner.

Comfortably our worst ever signing, unfortunately.

LC has always performed best with little strikers, the most celebrated of course are Lineker and Vardy. Clumpa Lumpas just aren't our game apart from Steve Walsh and maybe the clumpa lumpa to beat all clumpa lumpas, our man Heskey. What we really need is a midfield that can contribute 25 goals a season. 

• Haha 1

For a long time, I've defended him and thought he would come good but it's just not materialised. I'd feel encouraged if I felt his work rate was high but he's just aimlessly jogging around and if anything when brought on we may as well have played with 10 players.

Time to go I'm afraid Kelechi, means we will have to buy 2 strikers but so be it.

Shows how vital confidence is for a footballer - as for anything else.

The lad is clearly suffering horribly from its absence. 

As others have pointed out, he's a young man, slightly immature, and a lot of his perceived arrogance and 'attitude' is probably a bit of a defence mechanism.

The intense scrutiny on last night's miss might be a death blow for his confidence, but...

I still think there's a player there somewhere.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Stoopid said:

Shows how vital confidence is for a footballer - as for anything else.

The lad is clearly suffering horribly from its absence. 

As others have pointed out, he's a young man, slightly immature, and a lot of his perceived arrogance and 'attitude' is probably a bit of a defence mechanism.

The intense scrutiny on last night's miss might be a death blow for his confidence, but...

I still think there's a player there somewhere.

DownrightScarceChrysomelid-size_restricted.gif.a8f6467263fb3b00ab597240c1d49bfb.gif

Nope...

Edited by murphy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Can't remember a player getting so much stick from the away end as he did after that miss. I've had an open mind to him coming good so far but that was the last straw for me. 

As others have said it’s not just that miss it’s the stupid things like needlessly fouling the Man City player going nowhere or standing offside at a free kick late in the game at Newcastle. Just kills any momentum. 

....the real surprise on this forum is the disbelief that he failed to take the chance.

We have seen him making cameo appearances and has been woeful. Why we expected him to put that away I really do not know.

Brendan has consistently had him on the bench but I suspect going off previous team sheets prior to his arrival and 7th place still available.Whatever he has shown in training must have convinced Brendan that he could be an asset off the bench. This, now in hindsight has shone a light on Nacho and a rapid assessment now needs to be done by BR to confirm, if we need to offload this summer.

The chance last night came to his best foot, he tried to bend it into the right side of the goal and it would have been a great finish had he executed, the fact that he failed to hit the target and even to elicit a save from the keeper was some what disappointing.

I have said it before, that Nacho is screwed at Leicester, he does not suit the way we play and is not a replacement for Vardy as he cannot play the lone striker role,lead the line etc.

We do need to offload this summer for both our sakes and bring in someone busting a gut to prove that they want to be here.

my favourite part of the season i think. the way his body language didn’t change from the start to the end of the whole move was just superb. 

had so many mates fuming that hed missed on purpose. was like no fellas he is literally just that rubbish.