Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Striker light?

3 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

It’s difficult to keep any good striker happy sitting on the bench, if fit Vardy will always start, and with possibly playing only 1 up front opportunities will be limited.

So how will we keep Iheanacho happy?

45 minutes ago, Koke said:

Ihenacho.

Vardy

Okazaki

3 players for 1 spot. Should be sufficient.

I still believe, injuries permitting that we will see Vardy and Nacho as a striking pair,

in quite a few games...nomatter how we Start...

Slim needs to go. He isn't someone who will be happy as backup striker. We have iborra who's tall and scored few headers already and could be second striker to provide height. 

2 striker is more than an enough  when you have some winger or no 10 who could play there

12 hours ago, StevieB said:

I think there will be a few surprises in the final 25 but headers Iborra, Maguire, Iheanacho, Silva, and the new lad Benkovic all pose an Ariel threat so no were not short in that department 

No.. there must not be a threat to Ariel!  ;) 

Image result for ariel

• Haha 2

We've two very good strikers vying for 1 position and then players such as Okazaki or even Gray who will fill in. An ideal scenario would be we have a 17/18 year old in the U23's and getting the odd game as backup but it's not easy to pick them up and rarely play them.

it definitely seems we are light in the striker department having Musa, Ulloa and Slimani go and Kalechi needs a big season for me, we need to see an awful lot more from him and I am not sure how well Okazaki will fare this season!. maybe we might need to bring in a striker in January!

11 hours ago, oxtonfox said:

Where was Shinji ? Still think we need a big lad option. But doubt Slim will stay put. 

Slimani is a better front man than Iheanacho from what I've seen, Iheanacho just hasn't got enough for me. When he's on it once every ten games he's alright but most of the time the ball doesn't stick. He was growing into the number 10 role last season but we've got Maddison for that now, thats looks like his best position though.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Slimani, Ulloa and Musa gone.. Vardy suspended.  

The problems have started and it's only August! 

We're totally reliant on Iheanacho and have no plan B from the bench.. 

Not a good situation. 

Saturday will be interesting - KI didn’t get much change out of centre backs who were made to look pedestrian by Glenn Murray !!

im concerned unless we can suddenly play like Man City and get around the back consistently and pull low crosses back to the penalty spot area 

The biggest mystery to me so far is now we have overlapping full backs, we are seeing a lot more crosses coming in to the box and absolutely nobody there. What's the fcukin point? It's just ineffective use of the ball which is a common theme under Puel. We can have all the possession in the world but we saw previously it's what you do with it that counts. We've got to be more dynamic. The way to combat us is to sit deep and let us tinker with the ball and then push us out wide so that crosses come in to Vardy who is average at best at attacking crosses and it's a fairly easy way to nullify any attack.

Iheanacho may be slightly more accomplished at meeting crosses, will be interesting to see how he does the next 3 games. 

I don't mind us only having 2 first team strikers but we have absolutely nothing in the academy either. Watching Diabate try and operate at number 9 for the U23's last night was the pits and I fear Puel thinks he can use him or Gray in that role without any bother. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The biggest mystery to me so far is now we have overlapping full backs, we are seeing a lot more crosses coming in to the box and absolutely nobody there. What's the fcukin point? It's just ineffective use of the ball which is a common theme under Puel. We can have all the possession in the world but we saw previously it's what you do with it that counts. We've got to be more dynamic. The way to combat us is to sit deep and let us tinker with the ball and then push us out wide so that crosses come in to Vardy who is average at best at attacking crosses and it's a fairly easy way to nullify any attack.

Iheanacho may be slightly more accomplished at meeting crosses, will be interesting to see how he does the next 3 games. 

I don't mind us only having 2 first team strikers but we have absolutely nothing in the academy either. Watching Diabate try and operate at number 9 for the U23's last night was the pits and I fear Puel thinks he can use him or Gray in that role without any bother. 

Total agree, the way Puel set us up we need a Diego Costa type centre forward.

We don't seem to be able to break team down going though the middle and that result in us recycling the ball until the only option is a cross. Not sure why people are getting excited about our ball retention, is often slow and ineffective.

Biggest worry for me is where are the goals coming from.

• Like 1

On 09/08/2018 at 18:15, supernuk said:

Does anyone else feel we have gone a tad light up top? I personally feel we should have kept one of Slimani or Leornardo to have that aerial threat to change a game.

I guess we dont know if they wanted 1st team football and werent prepared to be our Plan B anymore.

Since Musa, Slimani, Ulloa have all gone! Shinji was injured and has only just started his comeback training and now Vardy is suspended for 3 games.

I must admit I saw this coming a couple of weeks ago just didn't think it would be this soon incoming to fruition. Now we have just Iheanacho left as our only striker for the next 3 games, plus IMO Iheanacho has not yet filled me with confidence so far he drifts in and out too much. One game looks ok the next you wouldn't know he was even on the pitch.

However he is all we have got for 3 weeks so let’s hope he doesn't get injured? Then we will be in the Sh#t.

We're definitely an attacking player light, whether that's a striker or a better winger. We need to broaden the types of attack we have, getting the ball to the full backs and just letting them bomb forward and cross isn't going to result in huge numbers of goals as what comes from them are half chances at best most of the time.

13 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Nacho will get his chance now. That’s how I see it. If he takes it it will provide refreshing competition for Vardy who’s place seems to never be under threat.

It’s time for Nacho to seize the opportunity and perform.

He hasn’t done much to seize his opportunities in the past. Including United. He’s too passive to play as a lone striker. 

22 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Nacho will get his chance now. That’s how I see it. If he takes it it will provide refreshing competition for Vardy who’s place seems to never be under threat.

It’s time for Nacho to seize the opportunity and perform.

Not that confident (unlike me I know!).... 

He's not an out and out CF,  lacks real pace and has no ariel threat either.. 

Our only real goal threat will come from Maddison imo. 

This situation should never have been allowed to get this serious,  it really is beyond belief 

3 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Not that confident (unlike me I know!).... 

He's not an out and out CF,  lacks real pace and has no ariel threat either.. 

Our only real goal threat will come from Maddison imo. 

This situation should never have been allowed to get this serious,  it really is beyond belief 

The same thing happened last season but the club never seems to learn from the mistakes