Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Manchester United Away Match Thread

Besides the pen that was a good half.

played some nice football and if we keep playing like that this season we will do well.

Gray, Chilwell have been quality.

Ricardo looks a great find but for me Maddison...... what a player he’s going to be this season if he keeps playing like that and the link up play with Vardy will tear teams apart 

2 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Dominated possession, created more chances. We are playing Man Utd away and we are the better team. At least a lot of you have found your new scapegoat- Danny Amartey. Give the lad a break. 

It’s a real shame one Amartey mistake will dominate the post match thread and detract from how well we’ve played.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Silva's been ok-ish, not seen much from him going forward. Plays more like a midfielder sweeper.

To be fair to him, that’s the role he’s been asked to do. We have a double pivot that keep position (generally) so that forwards and full backs can push on and interchange. But the thing is he’s not as good at winning the ball as Ndidi nor as creative as Madders so he looks indifferent at times. 

Edited by StriderHiryu

3 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Silva's been ok-ish, not seen much from him going forward. Plays more like a midfielder sweeper.

Apart from that opening moment of scare, Amartey's been solid, too. Linking up rather nicely with Ricardo Silva on the right.

Chilwell, Gray, Maddison, Iheanacho and Maguire standout players for me in the first half.

Amartey solid, really?! He’s been absolutely terrible 

Probably having to bail on this match thread soon. Wedding related consultations for the rest of the afternoon - just barely made my escape from the florist in time for the match. 

Keep the faith, fellow Foxes. There’s a lot of positives to be had here and I would have snapped your hand off for a draw today, and that’s very much in play!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Amartey and Silva... get off the pitch

This is why I’ve been banging on for so long about Amartey.

I’m a City fan and want us to well. I don’t want to see us with any liabilities on the pitch, especially not when we really don’t need to have any.

If it wasn’t for a piece of stupidity, it’d be 0-0 now and we’d go into the second half with our tails really up.

It matters. This matters.