Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

14 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Much like Kammy, he's clearly employed more for entertainment value than because anyone really trusts his opinion. 

7 hours ago, dayday said:

To be fair to Kammy, I quite like him and he’s quite informative on goals on Sunday

Chris Kamara (lovely bloke by the way) should not be compared to Merson as pundits. Kammy is way, way better.

• Like 4

Merson etc with their "Big teams" obsession!

There were BIG teams  before the EPL... (yes the money now is huge.. but comparatively those past big clubs were financial leaders too) 

Huddersfield
Villa
Wolves
Preston

:rolleyes: Forest

Leeds

Etc Etc

The  concept of big teams no longer exist, yes some have a large number of O/S fans, but that too will change in time. 

The rules of the top 2/4/6/ has already seen the change, there are no guarantees that even with money, you will see success.

It is entirely possible, that Arsenal, Chelsea and even Man Utd will continue to drop away in the coming seasons, money alone is not enough now.

• Like 1

Interesting point and certainly not new - this media obsession with the big teams.

It is a perception certainly, be very curious as a media person, if you feel this is true @UpTheLeagueFox ?

And if it causes you ire working amongst such opinions as a city fan!

4 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Chris Kamara (lovely bloke by the way) should not be compared to Merson as pundits. Kammy is way, way better.

Was going to post the same thing. 

Think Kammy actually isnt too bad even though the joke caricature goes a little too far sometimes for me and might mean what he's saying gets lost a little.

The Mersons of this world though will always be popular with the masses in that role of 'relatable bloke' and sadly means those with something useful to say like James Richardson.

4 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

The same bloke who slagged Leicester off when we went into administration. Making all sorts of ridiculous and inaccurate claims.

• Like 2

Guest Markyblue
2 hours ago, foxpleasure said:

The same bloke who slagged Leicester off when we went into administration. Making all sorts of ridiculous and inaccurate claims.

The pundit option of being edgy replaced by the clown routine. Its a crowded area and they are like too many fish in a tank gasping for breath. 

Is it just me or as a Leicester fan do you find it so easy to see and rememeber who can't stand us?

What is this attitude that Merson has about Arsenal? Do we just all have to accept the big 6 are always gonna be the big 6? Does he not think pulling off the greatest sporting achievement of all time gives us a bit more Worldwide appeal than South Leicestershire?

He genuinely has the IQ of a spanner. He's so thick its unreal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

Merson is well inconsistent with us, loves us one minute, despises then next.

I think he likes the way we play and plenty of our players but we're above Arsenal and he's desperate for our manager to go there.

Merson's just a daft Arsenal fan who is letting his emotions and his history with the club cloud his judgement when talking about them.

At least Alan Shearer, who is probably as big a supporter of Newcastle as anyone, is able to take a step back and talk about them objectively and realistically. 

That's what makes someone like the latter an infinitely better pundit.

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Merson's just a daft Arsenal fan who is letting his emotions and his history with the club cloud his judgement when talking about them.

At least Alan Shearer, who is probably as big a supporter of Newcastle as anyone, is able to take a step back and talk about them objectively and realistically. 

In that segment with Stelling, Merson comes across as an overemotional fan arguing in a pub with somebody much more intelligent and better-informed than him. He's accustomed to thinking of Arsenal as belonging to the football elite, and cannot comprehend why or how other clubs might upset what he believes to be the natural order. It's a fearful, angry rejection of changing circumstances. All of which would be understandable if he was just a fan, but as a pundit it looks a bit silly.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 1

Guest Markyblue
27 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Hes a chelsea fan.

Guest Markyblue
3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I just don't think Merson is very well, and I'm being sincere about that. 

I hope your wrong wouldn't wish any ill on him.

5 minutes ago, sm1 said:

It's looks like he's back on the sauce. On a more positive note, Sky PL are showing a re run of the 2015-16 season.

It aint that great though as they ignored us for most of the season.

6 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Interesting point and certainly not new - this media obsession with the big teams.

It is a perception certainly, be very curious as a media person, if you feel this is true @UpTheLeagueFox ?

And if it causes you ire working amongst such opinions as a city fan!

The "big teams" are box office. They have the most fans. They sell papers, they ring into radio stations.

Doesn't really cause me much ire.

6 hours ago, foxpleasure said:

Chris Kamara? Did he? I don't remember that.

I can only speak as I find and he's been incredibly lovely towards me.

3 hours ago, Markyblue said:

The pundit option of being edgy replaced by the clown routine. Its a crowded area and they are like too many fish in a tank gasping for breath. 

That is true. Don't have strong opinions? You'll get less airtime.

2 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Is it just me or as a Leicester fan do you find it so easy to see and rememeber who can't stand us?

I doubt many pundits can't stand us. 99.9% of them loved our title-winning story.

Fans of every club get sensitive towards any perceived criticism or any perceived bias towards other teams.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

The "big teams" are box office. They have the most fans. They sell papers, they ring into radio stations.

Doesn't really cause me much ire.

Chris Kamara? Did he? I don't remember that.

I can only speak as I find and he's been incredibly lovely towards me.

That is true. Don't have strong opinions? You'll get less airtime.

I doubt many pundits can't stand us. 99.9% of them loved our title-winning story.

Fans of every club get sensitive towards any perceived criticism or any perceived bias towards other teams.

He gives reach arounds? :ph34r:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LC/FC said:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1203299/arsenal-news-unai-emery-sack-manager-brendan-rodgers-leicester

****ing hell Merse! 

40 million for our manager? 

Definitely check yourself back into rehab.

Merse, they couldn't even afford to pay CELTIC £25m in one go for Tierney. We've just demanded a LUMP SUM of £85m for Harry Maguire, who we didn't even bother to replace - what makes you think we either need the money or would even entertain a bid of £40m in instalments!??!