Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

2 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Madness to think Arsenal would get anywhere with Chambers and Holding in the starting line-up. lol

Why wasn't Sokratis playing instead?

Emery opting for a back three was also part of the downfall of that Arsenal side yesterday. You need full-backs to sort of neutralize the threat that is Chilwell and Ricardo Pereira.

Their bench was also underwhelming - Willock, Saka, Martinelli? Gone are the days of depth in squad at the Arsenal.

Sokratis himself is permanently pissed...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, RumbleFox said:

What consistently surprises and depresses me is that most football pundits and fans are working class and yet they can't seem to cope with the "establishment" being disrupted. No one likes multinational, capitalist powerhouses in the real world yet they seem to crave them in football. It's as though the pundits feel safe in the evil, crushing grip of the natural order and status quo. They all talk about loving an underdog but they can't cope when one actually shows up.

And we're no better. Often on here I've read "tinpot club", "small cub doesn't deserve to be in PL", etc. You'd think that our fans more than anyone would appreciate the working man smashing the system. This season is amazing and I hope it continues. I want to see as many smaller teams right up there as possible.

Power to the people!  X 

I agree about liking having 'smaller' clubs in the PL. Hate it when people bang on about the likes of Leeds and Forest etc 'deserving' to be in the top flight

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Man is arguing that going to South Africs, USA etc for pre-season is a legit yardstick for measuring a clubs current state. This is what constitutes legitimate debate in mainstream football media. 

Arsenal are clearly a bigger club than Leicester. So ****ing what? Aston Villa are also historically bigger than us but which sane human being would ever go to Villa over us? 

Rodgers could one day leave us for Arsenal, no doubt, but not at this present moment.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Koke said:

Man is arguing that going to South Africs, USA etc for pre-season is a legit yardstick for measuring a clubs current state. This is what constitutes legitimate debate in mainstream football media. 

Arsenal are clearly a bigger club than Leicester. So ****ing what? Aston Villa are also historically bigger than us but which sane human being would ever go to Villa over us? 

Rodgers could one day leave us for Arsenal, no doubt, but not at this present moment.

Away with you, with your reason and logic! X 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

These "debates" are a bit pointless, especially with people you know are terribly biased in favour of one particular club. Seems to me to be sort of a ratings' game.

Merson was rather complimentary about us when we won the league, no?

The initial question also refers to the current state in the league, so I can't see why Merson would see anyone currently doing better than Arsenal wanting to join a club that is a bit in sportive disarray, boasting a questionable transfer record as of late and whose managerial seat is a hot one.

Times are changing, Paul. Just as much as Arsenal had a great period under Wenger, things won't stay the same forever. Better focus on what your former club can and should do better in the near future. Because by the looks of it, the only way for Arsenal is the way down.

58 minutes ago, JR99 said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/pundit-aims-one-word-blast-3520075

What an arse Merson is 😂 delusional and salty because his beloved arsenal are s***

I think it was Rodgers' decision to keep the friendlies local in the summer, wasn't it? If he was at Arsenal, they might not be jetsetting in pre-season.

19 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think it was Rodgers' decision to keep the friendlies local in the summer, wasn't it? If he was at Arsenal, they might not be jetsetting in pre-season.

Correct but he wouldn’t be making that  decision at arsenal 

merson is right to say ‘well it’s arsenal innit’ ....but he is way out with the context on this one 

22 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Exactly, I’m sure emery loved the disruption of having to take his squad to China and Africa while trying to prepare for the season ahead. Where as we let the footballing people decide our pre season, arsenal let the marketing men. I know which I’d prefer. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, davieG said:

Arsenal would be where we are if they had Brendan.............................................. and our player's.

If you have a look at what Man Utd and Arsenal fans are saying, it seems like that's what they want. Why don't they just support us instead?

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Correct but he wouldn’t be making that  decision at arsenal 

merson is right to say ‘well it’s arsenal innit’ ....but he is way out with the context on this one 

True. I know they probably have to gain exposure abroad. So disruptive to preparation, though.