Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

13 minutes ago, hejammy said:

I have to totally agree with this, manure fans have this elitist mentality they they feel they deserve to be better than anyone else... Heard so many fans/players and even Ole say 'we are man utd!' Leeds were one day a huge club.. As we're Shef Weds. Times change and fergie isn't your manager anymore! Deal with it and inevitably you'll move over to the next 'bestest' club anyways! 

I agree with your point, but I like to mention that sheff weds are shite and haven't been a big team since the 1920s

They've won one trophy(League cup in 1990) in 90 odd years and spent over half of the post war years languishing in the second and third tiers. 

Tweet

Is there actually a United player who gets in the Leicester team? De Gea? Martial? No way Pogba does ahead of 
Replying to
Well Maguire presumably would. And I'd certainly take Rashford over Vardy.
11:54 PM · Nov 9, 2019·Twitter Web App

Thicko glory hunting bellends. Rashford over Vardy. Needs the stupid beating out of him. 

If Mersons logic was considered there would be a 6 team premier league and to get promoted you’d have to win over a hundred years of football!!!

Leicester should know their place and read the history books!!! How dare we upset the apple cart!!

****ing fat twat!! Worrying thing is millions of people watch that nob and think he knows what he’s taking about!

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Rashford, who's never scored more than 10 goals in a season for Man Utd.

Vardy, scorer of 91 Premier League goals across 4 and a bit seasons.

Yeah, good one.

ok Sunil - how about I offer you a straight swap at the end of this season of rashford for vardy ???  No money involved 

Those Man Utd fans seem to rate Maguire don’t they? 

I suppose it’s true that if Maguire had stayed he would probably be starting games over Soyuncu, but knowing what we do now would anyone start Maguire? I wouldn’t and I really don’t think it’s just me being parochial. 

8 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

Those Man Utd fans seem to rate Maguire don’t they? 

I suppose it’s true that if Maguire had stayed he would probably be starting games over Soyuncu, but knowing what we do now would anyone start Maguire? I wouldn’t and I really don’t think it’s just me being parochial. 

I also think we'd have conceded more goals. Soyuncu is by far a better fit to this system

• Like 1

Merson is a narrow minded elitist twit. By his convoluted logic, no team can ever break into the established order, despite Spurs and Chelsea and Man City and us doing so to a greater or lesser extent over the last two decades. 

Why would Rodgers leave this exciting prospect to manage at Arsenal, which is such  a poorly run club? And honestly, what does Merson mean BY BIG CLUB? League titles? Prem titles? Money? Fan base? Cause there isn't a standard definition and he seems to change the rules just to suit bigging up Arsenal over Leicester. 

He also said the only reason LCFC is successful is Rodgers like our owners and recruitment team didn't play a massive part or anything.  

I know I shouldn't care but that doozy hyprocit really annoys me.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I agree with your point, but I like to mention that sheff weds are shite and haven't been a big team since the 1920s

They've won one trophy(League cup in 1990) in 90 odd years and spent over half of the post war years languishing in the second and third tiers. 

That's kinda my point though, they were once a big team, they've also been in Europe twice in the 90s but yeah anyways we digress. Man Utd fans - lame

12 hours ago, Sir Shep said:

It’s difficult as I can’t see me replacing any other teams player with one of our own, maybe it’s because it’s more down to how settled our team is though. A lot of teams have better individual players but we have a team, a well balanced team and after all it’s 11 players on the pitch. 

Not many teams......and not many players!

19 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Careers get wrecked on the back of picking projects on the basis of those things. Yes Arsenal are a big club, with a worldwide following and a higher turnover. 

But. 

Of their current squad, how many actually get into our team. I'd say perhaps two, and both of them would have to play out of position to get in the Team as their striker spot is already taken by Vardy.  Who has the better recruitment setup? Who has the better decision makers at the club? Who has the better owners?

Too many of these big clubs are failing from the very top and not just having picked a bad manager. There are failings throughout the clubs whilst those people remain in charge then you have to think twice if you want a project that you can do something with in the short term.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Too many of these big clubs are failing from the very top and not just having picked a bad manager. There are failings throughout the clubs whilst those people remain in charge then you have to think twice if you want a project that you can do something with in the short term.

Too right. 

13 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Careers get wrecked on the back of picking projects on the basis of those things. Yes Arsenal are a big club, with a worldwide following and a higher turnover. 

But. 

Of their current squad, how many actually get into our team. I'd say perhaps two, and both of them would have to play out of position to get in the Team as their striker spot is already taken by Vardy.  Who has the better recruitment setup? Who has the better decision makers at the club? Who has the better owners?

It isn't just a case of looking at the name of the club now. One positive of the increase in TV money is that the lesser clubs have the ability to spend a fair amount on players (although the top teams still have more) and can attract a better quality of player.

Rodgers, or other managers, may get something here they want that they don't get at Arsenal. That could sway a decision. Football is about more than the brand name or size of stadium, especially for a manager. He could well go if offered the chance, but he came to us for a reason so we must be doing something right.

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

It isn't just a case of looking at the name of the club now. One positive of the increase in TV money is that the lesser clubs have the ability to spend a fair amount on players (although the top teams still have more) and can attract a better quality of player.

Rodgers, or other managers, may get something here they want that they don't get at Arsenal. That could sway a decision. Football is about more than the brand name or size of stadium, especially for a manager. He could well go if offered the chance, but he came to us for a reason so we must be doing something right.

Way I look at it, Rodgers has already been at a bigger club than Arsenal and he spent years getting his career back on track. He'll go, but he'll wait for the right project and I think he'll also wait until he's achieved here. Which could be after a champions league campaign. 

• Like 2