Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

Guest Markyblue
51 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

If you have a look at what Man Utd and Arsenal fans are saying, it seems like that's what they want. Why don't they just support us instead?

Or the team in the area they live.

2 hours ago, Koke said:

Man is arguing that going to South Africs, USA etc for pre-season is a legit yardstick for measuring a clubs current state. This is what constitutes legitimate debate in mainstream football media. 

Arsenal are clearly a bigger club than Leicester. So ****ing what? Aston Villa are also historically bigger than us but which sane human being would ever go to Villa over us? 

Rodgers could one day leave us for Arsenal, no doubt, but not at this present moment.

You have to remember too that football isn't always logical. Michael O'Neill has done a brilliant job with Northern Ireland and has a great reputation but heads straight to the bottom of the Championship when surely better jobs will come up. Chris Coleman's stock was so high with Wales yet heads for Sunderland at the bottom of the Championship. Even Brendan Rodgers left a huge club and domination for a challenge that didn't seem logical to many.

Rodgers would be tempted, no doubt, but people look at more than just the name of the club and it's history. They look at potential, the current owners, the structure, the playing squad etc. The name alone won't mean he'll jump straight away without thinking.

And in any case, if Arsenal were this giant, why would they be looking at the Leicester City manager as their next one? Doesn't that suggest that the club is in real trouble despite the worldwide tours?

• Like 1

Man Utd fans really are some of the absolute worst people. Got to bear in mind you're dealing with adults who chose to follow "their" team from a sofa because Sky Sports told them they were bestest, and they win all the time. And, since they chose their team like a toddler picking out their favourite superhero, they cry like toddlers when reality comes crashing in and they don't win at everything.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

Man Utd fans really are some of the absolute worst people. Got to bear in mind you're dealing with adults who chose to follow "their" team from a sofa because Sky Sports told them they were bestest, and they win all the time. And, since they chose their team like a toddler picking out their favourite superhero, they cry like toddlers when reality comes crashing in and they don't win at everything.

Completely agree.

Though in a totally non hypocritical way wherever I'm living in the world my children will be threatened with either adoption or a Catholic priest if they don't support Leicester City.

15 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Completely agree.

Though in a totally non hypocritical way wherever I'm living in the world my children will be threatened with either adoption or a Catholic priest if they don't support Leicester City.

Family is a legitimate reason to follow a club. To be honest, despite not being that fussy, any mention of being a Forest fan on a womans profile is an immediate bin when I was using Tinder lol I don't have high/medium/low standards, but you have to draw the line somewhere.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

My friend in Leicester texted me earlier saying that someone on Narborough Road had thrown out a Man Utd picture of Old Trafford (lying against their front wall on the pavement)...  Does the fact that it hasn't been taken away by anyone else yet tell us anything?

Should I have asked for a photo? Lol.

Edited by PhillippaT
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Enjoy the replies.

I saw him yesterday in a recent video saying that Maguire would improve our team.

Some of those replies are really shocking. Stuff like "AWB over Pereira, easily." Or suggesting McTominay gets in our midfield.

How many would take Pogba? I know I wouldn't. Not even on the bench.

Found this...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

My friend in Leicester texted me earlier saying that someone on Narborough Road had thrown out a Man Utd picture of Old Trafford (lying against their front wall on the pavement)...  Does the fact that it hasn't been taken away by anyone else yet tell us anything?

Should I have asked for a photo? Lol.

They're probably already shopping on eBay for an Anfield photo to replace it. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I saw him yesterday in a recent video saying that Maguire would improve our team.

Some of those replies are really shocking. Stuff like "AWB over Pereira, easily." Or suggesting McTominay gets in our midfield.

How many would take Pogba? I know I wouldn't. Not even on the bench.

Found this...

I suppose at Man Utd these days it is April fools day all year round:teehee:

Fans will always think their players are better. What these combined teams or who would get into a certain team don't take into account is how teams are set up.

There are better strikers in the world than Vardy but would you swap him? Would you swap Ricardo for anyone?

If they've got better players they'll finish above us. We'll wait and see.

6 minutes ago, Corky said:

Fans will always think their players are better. What these combined teams or who would get into a certain team don't take into account is how teams are set up.

There are better strikers in the world than Vardy but would you swap him? Would you swap Ricardo for anyone?

If they've got better players they'll finish above us. We'll wait and see.

I wonder if any of their opinions have changed over the past month...?

It’s difficult as I can’t see me replacing any other teams player with one of our own, maybe it’s because it’s more down to how settled our team is though. A lot of teams have better individual players but we have a team, a well balanced team and after all it’s 11 players on the pitch. 

1 hour ago, orangecity23 said:

I have to totally agree with this, manure fans have this elitist mentality they they feel they deserve to be better than anyone else... Heard so many fans/players and even Ole say 'we are man utd!' Leeds were one day a huge club.. As we're Shef Weds. Times change and fergie isn't your manager anymore! Deal with it and inevitably you'll move over to the next 'bestest' club anyways! 

• Like 2