Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

37 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

The "big teams" are box office. They have the most fans. They sell papers, they ring into radio stations.

Doesn't really cause me much ire.

Chris Kamara? Did he? I don't remember that.

I can only speak as I find and he's been incredibly lovely towards me.

That is true. Don't have strong opinions? You'll get less airtime.

I doubt many pundits can't stand us. 99.9% of them loved our title-winning story.

Fans of every club get sensitive towards any perceived criticism or any perceived bias towards other teams.

Wow sounds like a business. Go figure. :frusty:

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

The "big teams" are box office. They have the most fans. They sell papers, they ring into radio stations.

I doubt many pundits can't stand us. 99.9% of them loved our title-winning story.

Fans of every club get sensitive towards any perceived criticism or any perceived bias towards other teams.

You have a very different memory of pundits during our title winning season to what i do then.

I would love anyone to find me one clip from that whole season of Souness or Merson being remotely positive about us. Fans loved it, some on BBC loved it. Most hated the fact we were almost belittling what it means to win a title and their own personal achievements as a result. I remember the build up to the 2-0 win over Sunderland quite vividly. Souness on the pitch quite scathing in his assessment of us and how Tottenham would still catch us.

Merson similarly wouldn't stop saying we weren't going to win it, until we did. 

To add to that, they were all so embarrassed to get it wrong all that season that they couldn't wait to shit on us when we sacked St.Ranieri.

The big 6 might sell papers and be box office, but if we extinguish any sort of competitiveness at the top like they are trying to - it will kill football.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

You have a very different memory of pundits during our title winning season to what i do then.

I would love anyone to find me one clip from that whole season of Souness or Merson being remotely positive about us. Fans loved it, some on BBC loved it. Most hated the fact we were almost belittling what it means to win a title and their own personal achievements as a result. I remember the build up to the 2-0 win over Sunderland quite vividly. Souness on the pitch quite scathing in his assessment of us and how Tottenham would still catch us.

Merson similarly wouldn't stop saying we weren't going to win it, until we did. 

To add to that, they were all so embarrassed to get it wrong all that season that they couldn't wait to shit on us when we sacked St.Ranieri.

The big 6 might sell papers and be box office, but if we extinguish any sort of competitiveness at the top like they are trying to - it will kill football.

The world's press were almost universally loving our story - it sold papers across the globe. You're being incredibly touchy imo

• Like 4

2 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Exactly.

People know that pundits can be extremely cliche, controversial and cause outrage because A) they don't do enough research or B) are playing up to get attention. Yet people still whine when we're not featured on the shows. Let the big clubs get raged up about something that doesn't matter, just be happy we're not being talked about.

In an era and an age where there are literally hundreds of pundits, thousands of hours of airtime and only so many takes/opinions that can be had, some really need to learn to filter out what they read, listen to. The weird reflex to lash out at anything that isn't adulation is weird (especially in fully grown adults).

I have my list of people whose opinions on Leicester I'll actually take notice of. I'd recommend others do the same and just laugh/shrug off the rest.

52 minutes ago, Toddybad said:

The world's press were almost universally loving our story - it sold papers across the globe. You're being incredibly touchy imo

Global/International media adored us. They weren't as invested in 'The Big 6(tm)' as Sky/BT are, and underdog stories are particularly sought after. 

In the UK it was definitely a lot more mixed, though. Of course you had a lot of the more neutral pundits/fans who were singing our praises, but the majority of pundits nowadays are former players of the top sides and were definitely riled by us gatecrashing the party and showing up their former clubs. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

PS not having a pop at anyone but I don't think it's all that fair to speculate on someone's possible relapse based on a few shitty opinions not in our favour.

But that's just me :dunno:

It wasn't what he said, it was his manner and demeanour that concerned me. I never suggested relapse, I just don't think he's well. 

I do, however, wish him well. 

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Good short listen. Keane and Mourinho seem to enjoy us and Kompany was initially surprised Youri chose us.

Cant wait to see Tielemans and Maddison producing in the Champions League next season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

It wasn't what he said, it was his manner and demeanour that concerned me. I never suggested relapse, I just don't think he's well. 

I do, however, wish him well. 

I agree. I mentioned similar in another thread and I hope nobody took it the wrong way. He doesn’t seem “himself” in the clip from soccer Saturday. 

Addiction is a bastard, but that’s a conversation for another thread I think. I hope he’s okay. 

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Good short listen. Keane and Mourinho seem to enjoy us and Kompany was initially surprised Youri chose us.

Why was he surprised ?? Nice little sneer on his face when he said Leicester. Not all pundits make it quite so obvious.

2 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Why was he surprised ?? Nice little sneer on his face when he said Leicester. Not all pundits make it quite so obvious.

To be fair to him, he rightly called us a top 6 team after his wonder goal last season. 

6 hours ago, Toddybad said:

The world's press is not who I'm talking about. Go back to articles and any clips you can find of Souness and Merson etc from that season. They couldn't stand what little Leicester were doing. 

3 hours ago, Manini said:

I agree. I mentioned similar in another thread and I hope nobody took it the wrong way. He doesn’t seem “himself” in the clip from soccer Saturday. 

Addiction is a bastard, but that’s a conversation for another thread I think. I hope he’s okay. 

In suprised you can tell a difference

1 hour ago, Gamble92 said:

The world's press is not who I'm talking about. Go back to articles and any clips you can find of Souness and Merson etc from that season. They couldn't stand what little Leicester were doing. 

I don't think it was that they couldn't stand us, they just couldn't believe it.

If it had been Southampton you wouldn't have believed it either.

On 11/11/2019 at 19:47, easilee said:

Soz if already posted.

Really enjoyed this one.....Can you imagine the destruction of teams if the final selection ever was lol ? !!!!

No mention of Albrighton :doh:but did find time to mention Jakupovic, Hamer and Schwarzer.

6 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

But that will happen and continue to happen and it’s up to the club to bring themselves out of that scenario and into the elite bubble.

it use to be the top 2: Arsenal and Man U

then it became the top 4: adding Chelsea and Liverpool to the mix

then, finally the top 6: with Man City and Spurs being added to the elite. 

Go back 5/10 years and Man City and Spurs fans were probably having the same arguments with the media that we are having now. Man City, in their early years of the takeover were not taken seriously. They were always seen as a side that will be in United’s shadow. Spurs were a joke. Remember Sir Alex Ferguson half time team talk where he said to his players: “lads, it’s spurs”. Those clubs came up only recently. 

Its up to us to break or attempt to break the norm or the perceived norm at this stage. Our business next summer has to be on point. We cocked up 2016 massively and since then have traded like a big club. Players will leave. They still leave the elite 6 now (Sanchez, Coutinho, Walker, Suarez). It’s how we replace those players that matters. Consistency leads to expectations, expectation is what makes you thrive for success and success brings about a normality to the rest that Leicester should be up there.

for now though, we have to take these comments which we don’t like because it’s the elite six that sell the game around the world. We need to want to be a part of those games.

Was just about to say the same thing. He talks about people having short memories but talks as though the premier league is a decade old.

Man U were the big 1 at the beginning with a yearly challenger who would step up to the plate, Villa and Norwich were once considered as their rivals for league success. Blackburn obviously came to spoil the party and Newcastle came along to try their luck. 

Then Arsene arrived at Arsenal and pretty much revolutionised the english game. The dominance of Man U was all of a sudden a genuine 2 horse race.

Then Abromovic came to Chelsea and money started to take over, this 2 horse race became a 3 way battle. Sky added Liverpool to the mix to sell "Super Sunday" on account on their history and they were almost there or there abouts, a big 4 was formed. Man City were then taken over by some very rich people, and again to sell more games Sky were pushing them into the mix, to even it out they added Spurs what with their recent history and the "top 6" was formed.

This "top 6" is just a myth that sky have created. It is up to us to break the mould, we have to make ourselves an "elite" team. We're on the cusp of it now, and as you say, next summer is key, providing we have European qualification sorted. 

• Like 1