Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

11 hours ago, Yes said:

Fair enough Everton and Liverpool aren’t too fond of us at the minute but this has to be one of the more outrageous tweets I’ve seen.

This Everton fan thinks we’re the scummiest fans in the entire world. You could get away with saying scummiest in the league or even England, but the world? lol

We think football fans on forums are bad enough, football fan twitter is another level of shit. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

That article was going well until they brought up Claudio.

We should have kept him sand hot relegated. 

They all would preferred that. 

11 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

That article was going well until they brought up Claudio.

Well it was ruthless if totally justified that's how successful businesses become successful.

2 minutes ago, Cujek said:

We should have kept him sand hot relegated. 

They all would preferred that. 

It's bizarre, they praise us for building a sustained challenge then chastise us for not knowing our place and accepting long spells of declining performances.  Pick one.

Edited by Carl the Llama
  • Like 1

The sacking of Nigel Pearson was harsher than Puel's. Let's not forget he felt out with the squad and staff- it doesn't matter what we think as fans, if the players aren't on your side you've got no chance.

The Ranieri thing has been done to death but anyone thinking Puel was sacked incorrectly is deluded.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Stadt said:

We brutally sacked Puel? Our form was horrendous and he had to go. Once a narrative sets in the actual facts don’t matter 

All our managers brutally and ruthlessly sacked just like ever other club.

The article is obviously contradictory as without the sackings the storey they are writing wouldn't have happened but I'll take the praise and ignore the bitter parts.

4 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I’d say Pearson’s sacking was harsher than Ranieri’s too, but that gets no mention. 

It wasn't for footballing reasons so yeah for me that makes it harsher.

Edited by Carl the Llama

9 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I’d say Pearson’s sacking was harsher than Ranieri’s too, but that gets no mention. 

Perhaps but he was not sacked for footballing reasons so it’s not really comparable. Claudio will always be the legend that won us the league but we were looking like relegation fodder despite our CL exploits. Shakes great assistant but couldn’t cut it tactically and Puel did a great job in transitioning the squad but the football was boring and he had obviously lost the trust of the staff and players. Any sacking is “cruel” and believe me I have had to do it on occasion and it’s never pleasant but these guys, Pearson apart, were no longer performing in a results business so had to go for the long term good of the club.

pearson had to go for reasons we are all aware of and was probably a harder decision as not related to results.

10 years ago we were not the same “size of club” as West Ham or Everton. The fact that we are now arguably more of a draw for players and managers than these teams shows our progress. 

Cant wait to see how much more progress we make in the next decade!

Edited by car1os