Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

2 hours ago, KingsX said:

Surprisingly decent thread:   https://www.redcafe.net/threads/what-will-it-take-for-leicester-to-replace-arsenal-as-part-of-the-big-6.460272/

They probably are able to discuss us fairly and dispassionately because they don’t feel they have a dog in the fight.  Their ordained status puts them above the fray -- and we didn’t quite take that big bite out of them last year.

But: this is a true sample of current outsiders’ perceptions.  And the view has gained considerable momentum, that Leicester City are set up to compete with the big dogs, and doing so.  People arguing for Arsenal or Everton instead, catch more flak than agreement.

The fact they’re even discussing it is pretty big in itself.

As a fan I’m just enjoying the ride, it’s a bit sad knowing that ultimately money will overtake us but slowly but surely if we continue the way we’re going I think it’ll become less of a problem, especially if we keep finishing in Euro spots!

Such an exciting time to be a Leicester supporter!

• Like 4

On 13/01/2021 at 15:35, SemperEadem said:

I can't grasp the attitude of certain fanbases in this county that you can only have one rival. Geography and history just does not lend itself to this.

Personally I also think that all those claiming we don't care, whether here or on Forest/Derby forums, are just providing evidence that they do really. More to the point.and why not...it adds so much more to a game when playing a team that is geographically reasonably close and/or for which there are historic rivalries.

Just because we are not directly competing with some teams doesn't mean there is nothing in the game or something extra to be added to it. Its good fun.

7 hours ago, KingsX said:

Surprisingly decent thread:   https://www.redcafe.net/threads/what-will-it-take-for-leicester-to-replace-arsenal-as-part-of-the-big-6.460272/

They probably are able to discuss us fairly and dispassionately because they don’t feel they have a dog in the fight.  Their ordained status puts them above the fray -- and we didn’t quite take that big bite out of them last year.

But: this is a true sample of current outsiders’ perceptions.  And the view has gained considerable momentum, that Leicester City are set up to compete with the big dogs, and doing so.  People arguing for Arsenal or Everton instead, catch more flak than agreement.

I think the only problem I have reading what people wrote in that link was that they under estimate our recruitment. People said we wouldn't survive without Kante and Mahrez and that we would fall off without them and we are doing fine without them. So I don't see why we can't replace Vardy.

16 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

I think the only problem I have reading what people wrote in that link was that they under estimate our recruitment. People said we wouldn't survive without Kante and Mahrez and that we would fall off without them and we are doing fine without them. So I don't see why we can't replace Vardy.

We are shit at signing strikers though, that’s a problem. lol

19 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Haha love that. He is right though there is a level between us and spurs/Everton 

Is there though? Spurs have one of the best attacking lines in world football right now. Everton have DCL and James. Both teams have world class coaches. 

4 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Is there though? Spurs have one of the best attacking lines in world football right now. Everton have DCL and James. Both teams have world class coaches. 

We have a better team than Everton, also Vardy > DCL. 

Spurs have great attacking options but their manager is a bus parking merchant  

Everton fans are just muppets, they still consider themselves to be a top 6 club and their arrogance is a joke. RK only speaks as he sees it, may not be right. Everton have been in the top flight a long while, won a few cups and Div 1's in the past. The last thing they won was the FA Cup in 1995, their best time was mid 80's when they won a few trophies, everything else was donkeys years ago, so like Villa, Newcastle, Wolves, their fans are living in the past.

They cannot accept a club like Leicester have turned into a club that can change the order of things and that we currently have a better team, poor things.

Edited by Dorkingfox

How have i not seen you on here before? My fiancée is from Dorking, the glares i get walking around there in my city shirt when we are down is unnerving. 

I think Everton fans will always have issues with clubs taking over them with them living in a shadow of much more successful club.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Koke said:

We have a better team than Everton, also Vardy > DCL. 

Spurs have great attacking options but their manager is a bus parking merchant  

Man for man though I think you could make a real case for us to have the better side. Which is pretty crazy really. 

I love how their  whole counter argument was that they beat us at home. Because by that standard Man City cant win the league because we beat them. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

6 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Yes. Apart from Son, none of their players get in our starting 11, and that's including Everton's squad as well.

15 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/36610-top-5-teams-you-hate-most/#comments

Finally a bit of hatred, all the usual about sending businesses under when we built the stadium, because in the long run that definitely worked out right? 

I mean it was the plan all along to be sold to Milan Mandaric, slide gradually down the table, get relegated hideously, finally get a decent manager (our lord and saviour Nigel) miss agonisingly out of the play offs, get taken over by that exact (and wonderful) Thai family, spend loads of money, nearly cock it up completely, bring back our lord and saviour, have another agonising play off exit, piss the league at a canter, be bottom at Christmas, then piss the rest of the league again to stay up, our lord and saviours son and friends enjoy a Thai orgy which costs him his job, and then appoint someone widely ridiculed to somehow pull off one of sport’s greatest miracles.

Yep it was all in the plan. 

The greatest irony of the administration is that the punishment would have been 15 pts deducted. We were 12 clear of 3rd and very much turned off the gas at the end of the season. 

Now if you advocate that administration should lead to relegation - that happened in the same way it did for Leeds and Southampton 

5 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Why do they hate juventus? 

Got done by a dodgy ref in European Cup. Ref was later banned when it was proved Juve gave him a gift or something. Forest have the same thing with Anderlecht. 

It’s quite funny really. Derby and Forest have their thing with us having an one side rival. Yet they are to the point of a rimming contest and have numerous ‘one sided rivalries’. See Forest and Liverpool 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

11 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The greatest irony of the administration is that the punishment would have been 15 pts deducted. We were 12 clear of 3rd and very much turned off the gas at the end of the season. 

Now if you advocate that administration should lead to relegation - that happened in the same way it did for Leeds and Southampton 

The irony being also that if this takeover fails they will no doubt be in administration. They haven’t even paid their players this month.