Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

4 minutes ago, Mapperleyfox said:

It's reassuring to know that the 1994 Play Off Final still rankles with the sheep shaggers. 

One of the best football days out I've ever had.

Proof positive that day that we had a bigger support. They couldn't shift their Olympic  gallery seats (surely the most terrifying seats in world football?).  We sold all ours and bought all theirs too. £90 a pop. Bought buy our fans who were nowhere on the priority lists. 

Loved the fact we were marvelously ungraceful at the end as they had to walk to the tunnel. Dog's abuse from.our fans rubbing it in. Kitson offered an apologetic, fair dos clap ....and gesture was returned with the meanest most vile vitriol and a fair few specimens of phlegm. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Mapperleyfox said:

One of the best football days out I've ever had.

I was only 8 but would agree. Absolute stress after our second. We were on the back row behind the goal and couldn't see a scoreboard so had no idea how long was left. Those few minutes lasted seemingly forever.

Bored my family senseless on the coach home by producing several predicted 42 match fixture lists for the next season.

I love how fans of a team who has consistently broken ffp rules, signed expensive players (Rooney) on dodgy sponsorship deals and sold their stadium in a dodgy deal have the nerve to go on about hating another team for alleged ffp breached, it’s laughable really!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, smallpauldj said:

How have i not seen you on here before? My fiancée is from Dorking, the glares i get walking around there in my city shirt when we are down is unnerving. 

I think Everton fans will always have issues with clubs taking over them with them living in a shadow of much more successful club.

Was born in Lesta, went to school in Lufbra, move sarf re work, moved doen ere in 1979, lived in Dorking for 36 years, still go up to watch the football, cricket and rugby. My youngest son is at Leicester Uni, both my other son and daughter follow the Foxes, even though I warned them against it, I evem took them to Chelsea, Palace and Fulham games as they were the nearest teams to where they were born, but failed. They now understand the frustration  and the glory of being a Foxes fan.

Edited by Dorkingfox
additional info
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dorkingfox said:

Was born in Lesta, went to school in Lufbra, move sarf re work, moved doen ere in 1979, lived in Dorking for 36 years, still go up to watch the football, cricket and rugby. My youngest son is at Leicester Uni, both my other son and daughter follow the Foxes, even though I warned them against it, I evem took them to Chelsea, Palace and Fulham games as they were the nearest teams to where they were born, but failed. They now understand the frustration  and the glory of being a Foxes fan.

A true old gained, Believer & disciple...  The   baptisms actually worked..Halleluja brother...

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Proof positive that day that we had a bigger support. They couldn't shift their Olympic  gallery seats (surely the most terrifying seats in world football?).  We sold all ours and bought all theirs too. £90 a pop. Bought buy our fans who were nowhere on the priority lists. 

Loved the fact we were marvelously ungraceful at the end as they had to walk to the tunnel. Dog's abuse from.our fans rubbing it in. Kitson offered an apologetic, fair dos clap ....and gesture was returned with the meanest most vile vitriol and a fair few specimens of phlegm. 

At the time a mate of mine was going out with a derby fan. We all met back at our local later that evening, she was gracious in defeat, I think. But I can remember her saying how good our support was and how shit there’s was. From the thousands upon thousands of balloons and ticker tape welcome we gave our players as they entered the pitch (they had nothing) to the support we showed throughout the match, she said that her and her dad tried to get some songs going but nothing. She also absolutely hated driving under the motorway bridges with the City fans on with all their flags and scarves ect.lol 

Regarding being ungracious at the end, I think they had a lot of that coming to them with their ‘we’re going to stuff you attitude’ (it was the time pickering was spending millions to try and get them up, as jack Walker was at blackburn, derby blew it however). They were taunting us with their money and richly assembled squad, mocking our injury raveged squad. 

I can remember on the way home at a service station there were a few hundred City fans in lobby area, when a car of derby fans pulled up, they had to endure these few hundred fans baaa'ing at them as they made their way quickly to the toilet and back. To be fair they did take it in good spirits. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

There was about 6 of us from Bedford that got tickets that day, but 5 non Leicester mates came down for the day/beers/crack. 

They all tried to get tickets in the Leicester end, asking about, but no joy at all. 

All 5 got in the Derby end, 1 somehow just walked in😄

All said afterwards, our end was superb and it was absolute scenes when Walshie scored. 

Derbys end, in their words, was totally sh&t

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The greatest irony of the administration is that the punishment would have been 15 pts deducted. We were 12 clear of 3rd and very much turned off the gas at the end of the season. 

Now if you advocate that administration should lead to relegation - that happened in the same way it did for Leeds and Southampton 

Didn't they go into adminstration themselves a few months after we did? I know Ipswich did, I'm sure I heard something about Derby doing it.

2 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/36610-top-5-teams-you-hate-most/#comments

Finally a bit of hatred, all the usual about sending businesses under when we built the stadium, because in the long run that definitely worked out right? 

I mean it was the plan all along to be sold to Milan Mandaric, slide gradually down the table, get relegated hideously, finally get a decent manager (our lord and saviour Nigel) miss agonisingly out of the play offs, get taken over by that exact (and wonderful) Thai family, spend loads of money, nearly cock it up completely, bring back our lord and saviour, have another agonising play off exit, piss the league at a canter, be bottom at Christmas, then piss the rest of the league again to stay up, our lord and saviours son and friends enjoy a Thai orgy which costs him his job, and then appoint someone widely ridiculed to somehow pull off one of sport’s greatest miracles.

Yep it was all in the plan. 

Why do so many of them hate Middlesbrough? Is it something new we've missed? 

14 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

The thing I loved about the 1994 play off final is that it was one of the worst LCFC starting elevens I think I've ever seen. 

We were totally ravaged by injuries and Derby were big favourites after heavy investment - even though I think we finished above them in the league. All the press were reporting from a Derby perspective given some high profile signings. 

We just played the big guys, bypassed midfield and shamelessly booted the ball up field. It redefined shit-housery - and was all the more beautiful, memorable and hilarious as a result. It's so far away from the best football I've ever seen us play, but as an occasion it's one of my favourite matches ever. 

5 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Gibson, Carey and Coatsworth launching balls high into the area at every opportunity. 

Jimmy Willis was a colossus that day!

That said, Walshies winner came from the best move of the match. Probably the only bit of football we played that day. :D

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

That said, Walshies winner came from the best move of the match. Probably the only bit of football we played that day. :D

I know that piece of commentary off by heart. It's etched in my memory forever thanks to watching the VHS of that final about 7000 times.

• Like 1

I don't think we can claim to be part of any group that consists of teams that we continue to sell players to. You rarely see top 6 teams sell players to each other whereas it is a big part of our current business model. And that's perfectly fine, in terms of club status we have to accept we're not at that level. But that doesn't mean we can't break into the top 6 and compete for CL spots on a regular basis. We're lucky!

3 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Why would any self respecting fan refer to them as Florist? Makes them sound flowery and fragrant. Suspect most of the posters are 14 year olds that smell of Lynx Africa. 

Just call them the dick-splinters and be done with it.

2 hours ago, Wizerud said:

I don't think we can claim to be part of any group that consists of teams that we continue to sell players to. You rarely see top 6 teams sell players to each other whereas it is a big part of our current business model. And that's perfectly fine, in terms of club status we have to accept we're not at that level. But that doesn't mean we can't break into the top 6 and compete for CL spots on a regular basis. We're lucky!

Agree with all of this except for the 'regular basis' part.  We can't continue to punch above our wait indefinitely.

4 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Why would any self respecting fan refer to them as Florist? Makes them sound flowery and fragrant. Suspect most of the posters are 14 year olds that smell of Lynx Africa

This is hardly the forum to be throwing shade at them for that... It isn't 14 year olds on here either lol:facepalm: