Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

4 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

The media want Brendan at one of the big clubs, keeping Leicester out of the news takes away any recognition for how well he's doing. Eventually he'll get pissed off with the lack of media attention and move on to maybe spurs or man utd.

I think your clutching there kid. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Corky said:

I have absolutely no idea what that second tweet actually means.

Anyone?

Apparently, George Hirst has been working part-time down the market and telling anyone who buys a bowl of bananas that we're massive.

14 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

To be fair to there is a growing sentiment on FT that we ARE somehow part of the big 6 when we’re just clearly not...

Still won more trophies than Spurs in the PL era... I think I would prefer that to winning trophies 50 years ago. We might not be big 6 but we sure are top 6

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, casablancas said:

I think your clutching there kid. 

Not really, kid, Rodgers is starting to be billed as an elite manager, he's gonna want to be at an elite club, elite clubs are on the back pages everyday, we're not, in fact we hardly get a mention. We beat Liverpool the other day, yet how it's portrayed in the media is that Liverpool lost, not we won. The media have an agenda to make sure the big 6 stay the big 6, whatever their position in the league, because that's where the money, the fame and the recognition is at.

1 hour ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

To be fair to there is a growing sentiment on FT that we ARE somehow part of the big 6 when we’re just clearly not...

That is quite clearly not true.  I think that a lot of people are frustrated at being ignored by Sky, BT Sport etc. as part of their agenda of a "big 6" despite out performing them in the league for the last season and a half.  It will be the same for Everton and West Ham fans too.  There also needs to be a recognition that we are not little Leicester anymore and the social media stats back this although we are some distance behind Spurs.

Edited by Zaphod Beeblebrox

33 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

The media have an agenda to make sure the big 6 stay the big 6, whatever their position in the league, because that's where the money, the fame and the recognition is at.

Because that’s what makes them the most money .... fame and recognition of no relevance to the media - it’s just business 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Because that’s what makes them the most money .... fame and recognition of no relevance to the media - it’s just business 

And there in lies the problem.  It is no longer classed as a sport.  Infact this new coefficient they are proposing backs this.  The sporting element (competition) is less important than the PL brand and the "big 6" brand for both the clubs and the TV companies.

It makes me a little sad that this is the way football has gone.  In the short term it has given me the chance to see my team win the biggest domestic league in the world as we have more TV money than most clubs in the world.  Long term I see us as one of a number of clubs who become also rans when the closed shop of elite competition becomes a reality in football.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Serious question, does anyone actually WANT to be considered part of the big six? 

It doesn't really mean anything, does it? Its a tag attached to you by the media that awards you more coverage but that brings with it more scrutiny, criticism and pressure to the team. Not to mention plastic fans from places like Africa that add nothing to our club but a skewed and warped appearance to who we actually are. 

I'll take finishing top 6 year in, year out without their mainstream acceptance quite gladly. 

Top 6 is more important that Rich 6 although the more you're in the Top 4 the richer you get that's how some of them have got richer.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Spurs fans lol

At this point I would say how are we not? We've not dropped lower than 5th in going on two years now. And in that time, Tottenham and Arsenal have been consistently below us. They're just salty because we've taken their place when they have never really done anything to deserve it anyway.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Top 6 is more important that Rich 6 although the more you're in the Top 4 the richer you get that's how some of them have got richer.

We are, unless I'm missing something, pretty clearly aiming to join the big 6 and make it a 7. We're not alone in that objective - see Everton, Wolves and West Ham - but consistently being part of the top 6 makes becoming part of a big 7 more achievable 

14 hours ago, Corky said:

I have absolutely no idea what that second tweet actually means.

Anyone?

There is a leicester fan called george on twitter,loves harvey barnes.

He always makes tweets that say we are a top 6 club, usually leaving out one of Arsenal or Tottenham

• Haha 2