Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

The Sky article on the Wenger Vardy comments has this fun little bit of trolling for the Spurs fans:

After inspiring Leicester to a shock title triumph in 2016, Vardy looked certain to move to Arsenal, who had been Leicester's main title rivals in that season, the following summer.

lol

• Haha 4

On 14/02/2021 at 08:14, Sly said:

I listened to Wenger talking to Richard Keys about this yesterday on BeinSport. He was really complementary of Vardy and basically said whilst he can be that striker that loves the ball over the top, he’s also deadly with his movement and the quality of his finishing. He spoke about how he offered big money but stated Leicester offered more and the late Kuhn Srivaddhanaprabha was desperate to keep him. 

Wenger is a great listen. 

I got his autobiography for Christmas. It's a great read. He was mocked but his knowledge of football is amazing. 

On 14/02/2021 at 08:21, Hales said:

https://youtu.be/Y2wpW8RZkBM

Our lovely Belgians! 😁

Great video! Youri seems like a laugh. Praet a nice guy. Timmy C - miserable sod!! Great to see the bond between them.

What was the laughing at Ritchie De Laet about? Is it that they think he is shit?

3 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Great video! Youri seems like a laugh. Praet a nice guy. Timmy C - miserable sod!! Great to see the bond between them.

What was the laughing at Ritchie De Laet about? Is it that they think he is shit?

They were laughing at Praet getting confused by Youri pretending he was thinking of the wrong guy.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

The Leicester part of this comes at the 26 minute mark for anyone that doesn't want to sit through all the analysis of spurs and their problems. They are looking at our woeful set piece numbers and discussing what we're doing wrong on that front, hopefully Maddison will give this a listen too! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Buy Monthly Pass

If  you can't or don't want to stream I guess £25 for 3 matches could be worse.

March games haven't been announced yet either, so you're likely to get at least one more. As well as a tonne of european footie if you're a football fan in general.

5 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

"Prague".

What is the current obsession with refusing to disambiguate by TV companies? It's just lazy.

I get it a bit more with foreign clubs (still rubbish) but it does my head in when broadcasters drop the United suffix and just call them “Sheffield” ffs. 

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I get it a bit more with foreign clubs (still rubbish) but it does my head in when broadcasters drop the suffix United suffix and just call them “Sheffield” ffs. 

It amuses me to simply refer to 'Manchester' when in discussion with plastics. Just a way of making a subtle point of the existence of more than one 'City' or 'United'. Started doing it when I noticed a ManC getting wound up by Trevor Booking referring to Manchester during a broadcast. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The “City” and “United” thing has been far more prevalent since ManC got good. It’s like there are no longer any other teams called city or united. It perhaps shouldn’t annoy me, but I just find it lazy not to distinguish.

Maybe we should change our name back to Leicester Fosse? Now there’s a novel idea 😀

44 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

The “City” and “United” thing has been far more prevalent since ManC got good. It’s like there are no longer any other teams called city or united. It perhaps shouldn’t annoy me, but I just find it lazy not to distinguish.

Maybe we should change our name back to Leicester Fosse? Now there’s a novel idea 😀

It's even more annoying when commentators refer to the Manchester club as 'City' when they play us. 

... and even more annoying when FoxesTalk'ers do it. :@

• Like 3

20 hours ago, GeorgeTheFox said:

Nice to know we're not completely biased idiots. Only mostly

Capture111.JPG

The media want Brendan at one of the big clubs, keeping Leicester out of the news takes away any recognition for how well he's doing. Eventually he'll get pissed off with the lack of media attention and move on to maybe spurs or man utd.

• Haha 1