Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

19 hours ago, TK95 said:

Not sure if it's been posted elsewhere

Harry Maguire, Harry Maguire,

We've had your pants down,

You've bought a fat clown,

His arse is f****** massive

Fixed it for them. 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

Vardy, Maddison, Tielemans, Ricardo

Too many English players, not sexy enough

Chilwell (first choice English left-back)?  Perez (comes to us as the outstanding member of his previous team)?  Ndidi (Ndidi)?

Edit:  Good lord I forgot: Hamza (Choudhury)?

Edited by Carl the Llama

13 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

They don’t mean us :dunno:

It's a bit of a test for ourselves too. If we play the likes of Everton, West Ham and Wolves, and fail to perform, then it will show we've been deluding ourselves (or getting carried away with our own hype). Otoh no reason why we can't nick points off the likes of Chelsea, Man U or Arsenal.  Going to be a very interesting season.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, worthosoriginals said:

this is what happens, when southerners

have too much to drink.

Oi! I'm southern and I'll drink you under the table.

I once had nearly an entire jug of Pimms to myself, mother had to pick me up in her range rover. :cool:

Within the Athletic's article on the transfer market, it references us agreeing to sign a player but his agent insisted on him joining a club abroad because of the higher agent fee, to which he hated his time there.

The player I reckon it is would be Patrick Roberts - well linked, goes to Girona, and hates it.

25 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Within the Athletic's article on the transfer market, it references us agreeing to sign a player but his agent insisted on him joining a club abroad because of the higher agent fee, to which he hated his time there.

The player I reckon it is would be Patrick Roberts - well linked, goes to Girona, and hates it.

Yeah you might be right there.  Good guess.

From the Guardian:

10 astute Premier League summer buys

George Hirst, forward, OH Leuven to Leicester, £450,000

Hirst signing for Leicester will come as a shock to few, least of all those at Sheffield Wednesday. The 20-year ended his season-long stay east of Brussels by moving from the Belgian B club owned by the Srivaddhanaprabha family, who also own Leicester, and managed until February by Nigel Pearson, the captain of the Wednesday team that David Hirst, George’s father and Owls legend, played in. Wednesday had been powerless to stop the younger Hirst, who had fallen out of contract, moving to Leuven for a knockdown compensation fee of £150,000 and even more powerless to stop him moving to Leicester. For a striker considered one of the best prospects in his age group, £450,000 looks cheap. JB

James Justin, defender, Luton Town to Leicester City, £8m

The stars of Luton’s triumph in League One last season were their full-backs, both of whom were snapped up by Premier League clubs in the summer. Jack Stacey has gone to Bournemouth while Leicester moved for Justin. The 21-year-old played at left-back in what was his breakthrough campaign last season but is also adept on the right. Leicester are well equipped in both positions, since Ben Chilwell and Ricardo Pereira are amongst the best around, but Justin will keep both on their toes and it will be interesting to see how he takes opportunities when they come. PD

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/aug/08/jesus-vallejo-george-hirst-10-astute-premier-league-signings-this-summer