Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

1 minute ago, TK95 said:

20191012_223440.jpg

Rudkin to United... is there anyone they don’t want from us 😂

seriously though between Walsh, Macia, and Rudkin - with a sprinkling of Puel as well :ph34r:, other than the window after winning the title, our recruitment has been pretty fantastic, strikers aside

• Like 1

Just now, DerbyshireFox said:

Rudkin to United... is there anyone they don’t want from us 😂

seriously though between Walsh, Macia, and Rudkin - with a sprinkling of Puel as well :ph34r:, other than the window after winning the title, our recruitment has been pretty fantastic, strikers aside

In a way having had that bad window, at least we're learning from our mistakes going forward.

I'm sure many of us feel the current side is kind of where we expected to be after winning the title.

• Like 3

Plenty of those weren't unearthed from the middle of nowhere- Schmeichel had played Premier League football and knew our manager at the time, Maddison was highly rated in the Championship, Maguire had just had a season in the Premier League, Tielemans an established international with Champions League experience. 

The real surprises were Kante, Mahrez and Ricardo. Praet looks good but hasn't been here long and, let's be fair, enough of us were calling Vardy inadequate for Championship level after his first season.

Our scouts have brought us serious talent and plenty of profit on the deals but several were known and, as has been said, we've had a decent amount of failures too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

We've had a mixed bag, but I think the difference is there's no real middle ground for our players. We dont sign a lad and go, he's alright bit of a grafter. They're either top tier talent or top tier flop

Albrighton? Nugent? Dyer (legend), Okazaki, etc. I'd class them as all right, bit of a grafter

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Albrighton?

I'd say he was a top tier signing, he may be a bit of a fringe player now but he's one of the under sung heroes of the league title campaign, played more games than the main trio of that season iirc and we bagged him on a free transfer. His delivery into the box, is genuinely second to none 

Edited by The Horse's Mouth
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I'd say he was a top tier signing, he may be a bit of a fringe player now but he's one of the under sung heroes of the league title campaign, played more games than the main trio of that season iirc and we bagged him on a free transfer. His delivery into the box, is genuinely second to none 

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't slating albrighton or saying he was a bad signing, in fact Im grateful we signed him and love his attitude. I would class him as an inspired signing rather than a world class one. He's definitely a grafter and that is what has made him a success here. Every manager has tried to drop him, then realised actually he's needed. But wouldn't class him as world class. 

None on my list think we shouldn't have signed as they were perfect for us and worked well, but they're not world class. Just solid players with heart. I would always welcome players like that as they're needed in every team to be a success

Edited by fox_favourite

1 minute ago, fox_favourite said:

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't slating albrighton or saying he was a bad signing, in fact Im grateful we signed him and love his attitude. I would class him as an inspired signing rather than a world class one. He's definitely a grafter and that is what has made him a success here. Every manager has tried to drop him, then realised actually he's needed. But wouldn't class him as world class. 

None on my list think we shouldn't have signed as they were perfect for us and worked well, but they're not world class. Just solid players with heart. 

Tbf I didn't say world class, I think Kante is the only truly world class player mentioned honestly. I'm talking top tier

It needs to be remembered that United always bought established top class players because of their ‘top four’ league position and global Football standing (Felaini apart!)

they weren’t buying young players with potential or others with something to prove 

- yanited seem to have realised this error now ...... but they are having to overpay to see through the plan .....

Signings wise we’ve been become far wiser in the past two seasons. Apparently despite the constant changes at top, we still have a gent called David Mills as our lead scout. 

The most impressive thing we’ve achieved has been the successful construction of another team post 15/16. We’ve managed to virtually field a whole new eleven (Kasper and Vardy) a part. That’s incredible tough to do in football. It’s Spurs very problem now 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Most of those players weren’t  expensive enough for united, and that’s where their scouting problem comes from. It’s not exactly difficult to scout a 100 million quid world football star given the resources and unlimited amounts of money is it. So in effect, they’re not really scouting players, they’re just buying the allegedly best players 

Most apparent when Maguire was available at Hull City yet they based a bid after a world cup which everyone saw on TV lol. Overpaid scouts

16 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Most of those players weren’t  expensive enough for united, and that’s where their scouting problem comes from. It’s not exactly difficult to scout a 100 million quid world football star given the resources and unlimited amounts of money is it. So in effect, they’re not really scouting players, they’re just buying the allegedly best players 

Absolutely. They've spent over a billion pounds on signings since Fergie left. Mostly on rubbish, compare signing like Fred and Pogba to properly scouted ones like Ndidi and Maddison. There's no comparison. 

6 minutes ago, sm1 said:

Absolutely. They've spent over a billion pounds on signings since Fergie left. Mostly on rubbish, compare signing like Fred and Pogba to properly scouted ones like Ndidi and Maddison. There's no comparison. 

Exactly, Man U have no structure in place, they don’t have a clue in terms of how these players will fit together. They are just overpaying for players, basically anyone they can get. There is no clear strategy there