Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ben Chilwell: A possible star in the making

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

Chilwell is going to succeed where Gray will fail. 

The interview is telling - he knew he had to improve and spent the summer working hard in order to ensure maximum success. 

Gray doesn't think he needs to improve. He is, by his own words, being held back by us. 

Therein lies the marginal gains necessary to being a complete success - something I firmly believe Chilwell will become.

Wtf are you basing that on?

He was making noises before he signed a new contract last year when we had Albrighton & Mahrez rightfully ahead of him. He was pictured walking around on the tunnel cam with a self help book, that doesn't scream of on individual unwilling to face his flaws, it seems the opposite.

I hope Gray's being spoken about on here like Chilly is being and soon. He scored a vital goal at Southampton and had an impact when he came on yesterday.

Edited by Jaspa
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Wtf are you basing that on?

He was making noises before he signed a new contract last year when we had Albrighton & Mahrez rightfully ahead of him. He was pictured walking around on the tunnel cam with a self help book, that doesn't scream of on individual unwilling to face his flaws, it seems the opposite.

I hope Gray's being spoken about on here like Chilly is being and soon. He scored a vital goal at Southampton and had an impact when he came on yesterday.

Go back and read the thread you fool. This has been discussed civilly between myself and Highland Peak. 

45 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Go back and read the thread you fool. This has been discussed civilly between myself and Highland Peak. 

lol

Your statement "Gray doesn't think he needs to improve", is completely baseless and not very supportitive of a Leicester City player.

Then you call me a fool & uncivil? Lovely

3 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

lol

Your statement "Gray doesn't think he needs to improve", is completely baseless and not very supportitive of a Leicester City player.

Then you call me a fool & uncivil? Lovely

Didn't call you uncivil, you inferred that. 

And as previously discussed, Gray, himself, said just that. With the last twelve months. It is rooted in HIS WORDS. That is the base. It is not baseless. 

I even acknowledged that I didn't set out to not be supportive of a City player. 

Read the thread. Literally every thing you're slobbering about has been discussed. I can't help you any further. 

Edited by foxile5

no Gray said he had been held back by not playing as much as he could have, which is true, there were stretches where both Mahrez and Albrighton were poor but neither ever got dropped, where as Gray has a poor 20 mins and people are writing him off

12 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Didn't call you uncivil, you inferred that. 

And as previously discussed, Gray, himself, said just that. With the last twelve months. It is rooted in HIS WORDS. That is the base. It is not baseless. 

I even acknowledged that I didn't set out to not be supportive of a City player. 

Read the thread. Literally every thing you're slobbering about has been discussed. I can't help you any further. 

Implication came first pal. You shouldn't try and walk over people on here like that on here either.

That Daily Star article is complete dramatic headline guff. It calls back to the season before(16/17) where he felt disappointed not to be starting like now for example, but performances up til we bought Puel in were largely disappointing from Gray, with Mahrez and Albrighton rightfully ahead of him. He also isn't going to say that he isn't 'capable' of starting games to the press when asked, thats his pride, his bread and butter and his honour being being questioned right there;  do you deserve to start? - Is a big thing to say no to.

I see your post as a completely unnecessary dig at Gray, it was unrelated to the topic with opinions based off a rag printed nearly a year ago.

16 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Implication came first pal. You shouldn't try and walk over people on here like that on here either.

That Daily Star article is complete dramatic headline guff. It calls back to the season before(16/17) where he felt disappointed not to be starting like now for example, but performances up til we bought Puel in were largely disappointing from Gray, with Mahrez and Albrighton rightfully ahead of him. He also isn't going to say that he isn't 'capable' of starting games to the press when asked, thats his pride, his bread and butter and his honour being being questioned right there;  do you deserve to start? - Is a big thing to say no to.

I see your post as a completely unnecessary dig at Gray, it was unrelated to the topic with opinions based off a rag printed nearly a year ago.

Implication was a response to your rude post and, regardless, you still had to leap to infer. You were suggesting my post lacked any source which was, if you'd actually read them, patently untrue. Your rudeness begat every other post. You shouldn't be rude off the bat like that.

And it doesn't matter what you think of his 'bread and butter.' The entire crux of the post is that Chilwell has demonstrated hard work and has reaped rewards. Gray has moaned to the press that he should be starting FOR ENGLAND and has yet to get a cap. 

The fact that you even bring up 'honor' is weird considering my previous posts are driven at work ethic. Read the posts. Read the article. He LITERALLY says we are holding him back. That isn't 'honour' or whatever tripe you've invented. Those are his words. Oh and his 'bread and butter' should be focusing on his improving as a footballer and not bleating that that somehow Ranners got it all wrong. Read the article. 

As far as I can see therein lies the rub - one has demonstrated a work ethic and has an England cap. One has just said he thinks he should play for England and isn't starting regularly. But I'm re-explaining myself because you can't be arsed to read my previous posts or don't understand them. 

29 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Implication was a response to your rude post and, regardless, you still had to leap to infer. You were suggesting my post lacked any source which was, if you'd actually read them, patently untrue. Your rudeness begat every other post. You shouldn't be rude off the bat like that.

And it doesn't matter what you think of his 'bread and butter.' The entire crux of the post is that Chilwell has demonstrated hard work and has reaped rewards. Gray has moaned to the press that he should be starting FOR ENGLAND and has yet to get a cap. 

The fact that you even bring up 'honor' is weird considering my previous posts are driven at work ethic. Read the posts. Read the article. He LITERALLY says we are holding him back. That isn't 'honour' or whatever tripe you've invented. Those are his words. Oh and his 'bread and butter' should be focusing on his improving as a footballer and not bleating that that somehow Ranners got it all wrong. Read the article. 

As far as I can see therein lies the rub - one has demonstrated a work ethic and has an England cap. One has just said he thinks he should play for England and isn't starting regularly. But I'm re-explaining myself because you can't be arsed to read my previous posts or don't understand them. 

But he reckons more Premier League action in the last year might have earned him promotion to Gareth Southgate’s squad alongside fellow Young Lions Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Joe Gomez and Tammy Abraham.

“I think I could have, definitely,” said Gray.

“Being in and out of the team is not good. You see the players that are getting selected and a lot of them are playing regular football at their club.

“We all know what Gareth is about. If you’re playing football and are in good form and doing well at your club he will put faith in you.

“For me that’s why I felt very disappointed at times because I felt I was being held back by not playing football and I know what I’m capable of.”

Not once does it show the question asked for the response, and the endquote -  "what I'm capable of.", isn't an answer saying that he's at the top of his game and deserved to be in the England squad(article dated NOV 17) but what he believes he's capable of; a footballer admitting he wont be capable of starting football matches is undermining his own integrity, endevour and honour.  You're basing your opinion off of a clickbate, trickily written Daily Star rag article and quoting it as fact against one of our players mentality & attitude - that screams out as a lack of comprehension of reality

The rest of that post is pretentious drivel frankly

Edited by Jaspa

He's definitely come back with the righ attitude .

I think Chilwell's been our best most consistent player in the first six games - He's not making those Kamikaze passes and his positioning has improved.

Someone was slating him on Radio Leicester after the Bournemouth game - I assumed they'd not been to the game as all the problems came down our right side.

Edited by Crazy Kop Corner

1 hour ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

He's definitely come back with the righ attitude .

I think Chilwell's been our best most consistent player in the first six games - He's not making those Kamikaze passes and his positioning has improved.

He's also reading the game much better. On Saturday he made a couple of interceptions that took us from a potentially vulnerable situation to a dangerous one in our favour. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Disappointed for him not making the England squad. Blue tinted specs on perhaps, but I'd argue that apart from having more international experience, Rose and in particular Shaw have not done more than him recently.

1 hour ago, Mint23 said:

Although Chilwell is improving rapidly I still think both Rose and Shaw are much better defensively and Rose offers so much more quality and end product going forward 

I think you’re right for now

I also think Chilwell will be every bit as good as Rose or Shaw. Hopefully even better.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I think you’re right for now

I also think Chilwell will be every bit as good as Rose or Shaw. Hopefully even better.

Fingers crossed. I’ve been one of Chilwells biggest critics since I first watched him away at Milwall, his defending 1-on-1 at times has been so so poor and his crossing ability has been bang average too but this season he looks to be proving me wrong and long may it continue 

• Like 1

Whilst Gray's comments were probably not the wisest move and I can see why they annoyed some people I certainly think he is treated in a manner which doesn't quite "fit the crime".  In the same article he talks about it being for the love of the game and "not about money" but this is never mentioned.  He also was only 21 when he made those comments and I guarantee that not one of us never said anything at that age we don't now look back on and cringe at.  Especially when pressed by a journalist.  I hate myself when Facebook history thing reminds me of a status update I made 2 years ago and I am 37 so lord in shitting crikey knows how I would feel if 21 year old Rumble had access to Facebook.  People make mistakes, if they keep on making them then they can be judged but, so far this season, he has looked very good when called upon and he has, in the games I have seen, tracked back, ran, and seemed to try as hard as anyone else on the pitch.  Not saying people don't have the right to be a bit annoyed by what he said but it also seems slightly churlish for a load of fat, balding 50 year old guys to not give a young lad a chance to make amends.

Regarding Chilwell, he looks chuffing great. X

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1

Looked good again and a real shame that shot of his didn't find the top corner. For him and Mendy to be two of our standout players this season so far is pretty remarkable.

I worry about the amount of responsibility he's being given on the left though. With Maddison essentially still playing as a 10 he's always got so much to do when he gets the ball. Too many times he got the ball in their half on the left but had to check back because there was absolutely nothing ahead of him.

• Like 2

One oh his biggest criticsbut he was very good today. Still a bit rash in his crosses but he was really involved today and influential. Only a minor criticism was his decision to take a player on with 20 secs left instead of limping forward. 

His oerformance today was especially impressive given he was more or less left alone with Maddison drifting inside all game 

He crosses far too early quite often. He’s got the acceleration and dribbling ability to get to the goal line and put a dangerous ball across but ends up putting into the box before our players are in decent positions 

• Like 1

Excellent again. He's currently our only threat down the left flank, and a good one at that, while not being caught out defensively. Wingers aren't getting the better of him anymore either. He's developed physically, mentally and tactically to become a cracking LB. Now he has to work on getting his delivery consistent. We should be proud to have him come through our system.