Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
copunk

What if watford do a leicester

People don't usually remember with the same fondness the second person to accomplish something. do people regard Buzz Aldrin with the same warmth as they do Neil Armstrong or do people remember Tenzing Norgay when speaking about Sir Edmund Hillary. We reached the summit first or we reached the moon first and every small club that do something in the same lines as us will always be remarked upon as 'doing a Leicester'

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foxy boxing said:

People don't usually remember with the same fondness the second person to accomplish something. do people regard Buzz Aldrin with the same warmth as they do Neil Armstrong or do people remember Tenzing Norgay when speaking about Sir Edmund Hillary. We reached the summit first or we reached the moon first and every small club that do something in the same lines as us will always be remarked upon as 'doing a Leicester'

Or Spurs coming second to Leicester?  Oh wait.... no..... they came third.  Silly me!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fair enough they are having some angel dust sprinkled on them from high at the moment. But we had someone shovelling it down on us for the whole season. We can never really reason what happened that magical season but it's ours and ours forever. The only thing to ever spoil that would be someone like Watford to do the same. And for that reason, I'm out. Hope they lose the next five on the trot.:filbert_2:

I don’t think they will do a Leicester and win it but if they do then good on them . The more teams that can put the noses  out of joint  of the so called big teams the better . The amount of times you watch sky or match of the day and the commentators ,  pundits  and highlights are so one sided it’s as if other teams are just there to make up the numbers .,

They've had a great start and confidence must be sky high. Let's see how they do after the international break though. Momentum can shift instantly after one of these.

We were a team that transitioned as the season went on from the comeback kids to grinding out 1-0 wins. A lot can change and Watford will have to adapt, as all teams do, as the season goes on.

We're a long way from calling them title challengers and, like us, if they're to have any sort of chance, they need to focus on each game that's in front of them, set themselves short-term goals and let the table look after itself.

Good luck to them.

• Like 2

On 04/09/2018 at 08:34, st albans fox said:

They wont

man City and Liverpool are too good this season to both fail and allow a ‘lesser club’ to win it. 

I do think there is room for someone to pinch 6th place from arsenal 

Probably right...but I’d add that Liverpool and Man City might not make it.  I think this year with Sarri, Chelsea has a good chance to slip in.  

Anyway, I’d love to see Watford beat out any “top” team (except us, of course).

On 07/09/2018 at 22:18, Devonfox1884 said:

To be fair, the big teams are different beasts now to the year we won it - Man City and Liverpool especially. Everybody was poor that year, and I can’t see that happening again.

This is the key point many are missing. The year we won the league 72 points was enough, with the quality of the top two this season now even 90 points might not be.

Our season was magnificant but let's not convince ourselves we would have finished above this year's Liverpool or Man City.

To put their start in perspective, Watford have one away game this season - beating Burnley. (Their other games have been at home, with another this Saturday) It must have been a strange result for all of the outfield players that started that game. They were all at Watford last season and they had only experienced defeats since a win last November at Newcastle. 

PS today comes the news Harry the Hornet, probably the best known mascot in football, has resigned. A good day for Zaha?