Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
copunk

What if watford do a leicester

A BIG IF!!!!

Theyve started the season in cracking form and the spurs win was hugr to come back from a goal down against a side many expect to be up there, but deep down, if it comes down to the last 8 games, watford are top of the league with a couple of teams on their tale, would you want them to push on and capture glory, or would you be rooting for the "big" teams to overtake them? 

They have a couple of decent players in Pereyra, Doucoure and Deeney but none anywhere near the level of Vardy, Kante or Mahrez. They’ll finish in the top 10 but it’s far too early to make any outlandish claims when they only good side they’ve played is Spurs and they scored two set pieces in that game 

• Like 2

I'd totally fine with it, in fact, if we can't claw back the 6 points they're ahead of us and beat them to it, I'd like them to actually do it.  Anyone outside the big 6 would do actually (apart from Everton or West Ham!).

The thing is that we were the first to do it, before it became fashionable.  Therefore whenever this type of thing happens, it'll always be labelled as "Doing a Leicester".  

• Like 1

I'd be delighted for anyone other than Derby, Forest, Cov or MK Dons to emulate our achievement. If you'd rather the cartel of clubs at the top won everything all the time, then it's a bit weird to be honest. Wanting our achievement to be the only one recognised in perpetuity is the kind of noncey behaviour we've come to expect from that lot by the Trent.

• Like 4

It's nice to see another team up there getting excited. Really though you can't say it's much more than form at this point, most teams throughout the season go through patches with multiple wins, clean sheets, scoring for fun, turning over a couple of the big teams but unless Watford keep doing this through to November you can nowhere near say the can win the League.

I didn't believe we'd win it one bit until Man City away, even then it was just enjoying being on top and not realising what was actually happening, Sunderland away it really hit me. We're only just into September.

Good on Watford though, as twunty as they were after the playoffs they're nowhere near toxic as some other Premier Clubs. Enjoy it while it lasts