Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
copunk

What if watford do a leicester

2 hours ago, Staffs Fox said:

I can't see it happening ever again but I would wish them every success,

As another post said earlier, the support and admiration given to us from supporters of other clubs was tremendous when we won it, It'd be a bit petty if it wasn't reciprocated,

We were Premier League Champions in 15/16 nothing can ever change that

So our achievement would have meant less if everyone thought we were twats?

I couldn't have cared less what other people thought. The only external bits I enjoyed was the media having to pay attention to us and all those Italians invading the city on the day of the Everton game.

Remember these same people that lauded us for winning it couldn't have cared less when we were in danger of going down the following season and they don't sympathise now we're back playing regressive dog-muck football that doesn't produce goals.

4 hours ago, copunk said:

A BIG IF!!!!

Theyve started the season in cracking form and the spurs win was hugr to come back from a goal down against a side many expect to be up there, but deep down, if it comes down to the last 8 games, watford are top of the league with a couple of teams on their tale, would you want them to push on and capture glory, or would you be rooting for the "big" teams to overtake them? 

The nice part of me would  love them to do it and cheer them all the way but the cvnt in me never wants any team to eclipse what we did and I would be praying for them to lose.  So I suppose it just depends on whether I am a greater % nice or cvnt and to be honest I don't know the answer to that.

Also, I genuinely don't think it will happen again for at least another 100 years, I just cannot see everything falling into place again for such a miracle.

X

PS - Nice profile picture.

13 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

So our achievement would have meant less if everyone thought we were twats?

I couldn't have cared less what other people thought. The only external bits I enjoyed was the media having to pay attention to us and all those Italians invading the city on the day of the Everton game.

Remember these same people that lauded us for winning it couldn't have cared less when we were in danger of going down the following season and they don't sympathise now we're back playing regressive dog-muck football that doesn't produce goals.

Where did I say anything resembling that it would have meant less?

I meant it was tremendous as in the volume that they cheered us on, which the majority did not that it made me feel tremendous

Edited by Staffs Fox

I think we’ll finish above Watford. This them at their best. Compare that to us and we still have Vardy to come back Soyuncu to find his feet and partnership all over the park developing. We’ll be stronger in the second half of the campaign than them. 

However, if they were to do it. I’ll be sad we no longer the only miracle team but I cannot begrudge their fans the feeling. It also be great if Leicester and Watford win the Premier League before the entitled pricks at Anfield.

• Like 1

Good luck to them.

It'd be amazing if they did it,it would be amazing if they get top 4 or even into Europe.

Im all for the smaller teams(Except Leeds...I fecking hate Leeds!!!) breaking the monopoly of the big boys. 

What we did will never be surpassed for us,so whatever others do- good luck to them!

Top 6? only 6 teams have won the premier league! We are trying to ensure we don't become another Blackburn who bought the league.

Which means a top 4. It's impossible!

LCFC have achieved the impossible and that record will stand till our great great grandchildren witness something close.

We are immortal and before we did this I would be cheering anyone. But not now.

I've seen Watford a couple of times this season. Although improved from last season I would still be surprised if they challenge for a Europe place next season. On the plus side, Foster has been outstanding at times in goal - a very good signing- Doocoure and Hughes look good in midfield (with Cleverly still to return after injury) and Deeney has not shown such form for over 2 seasons. However, there is not similar quality throughout the team (Peyrera excepted) throughout the team and too many simple errors are made. Also worth noting is that 3 of their games have been at home (and next game is also at home) where they were strong last season.

The win this season away was at Burnley who had been playing in Europe in midweek). If Watford are to do well it is away much improvement is needed. That win ended a run of 8 games without a goal away and losing 11 and drawing 1 of their last 12 away games.

I see no chance of Watford doing what City did, particularly given the strength this season of both Man C and Liverpool.

• Like 1

I’d like to say I’d be happy for them but I’d by lying to be honest. What we did was spectacular and so much better and tougher than the rest that have won it. Watford winning it would make me feel like another club has equalled our achievement, I don’t want to share our label as the team that broke the mould. 

I’d be happy if they came 2nd, and so would they.

8 hours ago, tsintskaro said:

They always start fine and then fail

Their footballers score a lot and then stop - ricahrlison,ighalo

its club mentality i guess  

And what was our club mentality,before the title...!!!:rolleyes:

Edited by fuchsntf

The thought of it now makes me think I’d be happy for them to do it. If with 8 games to go they were close I think I’d want them to fail. I’m sure if it got to a game where they could win it I couldn’t help but want them to stop Man City, Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea or Man Utd winning it.