Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Kasper Schmeichel...

1 minute ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

Leicester City Legend already (374 appearances), getting better by the game this season and at only 33 still got plenty of years in his tank.

Will he surpass 500 games for us?

We're lucky to have him:

image.png.86132a0632be8a1e42d70670f890e271.png

As a shot stopper he is one of the worlds best imo, shown in the last few games since the restart. I think even by Leicester fans he gets majorly overlooked and isn't appreciated enough. However, his distribution lets him down drastically. 

• Like 1

That passage of play where he saved a fierce Tierney shot before kicking it upfield with perfect weighting for Vardy to latch onto past their defence was remarkable.

Don’t think you’d get many (if any) keepers in the world that would be able to do that

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LCFCJ said:

As a shot stopper he is one of the worlds best imo, shown in the last few games since the restart. I think even by Leicester fans he gets majorly overlooked and isn't appreciated enough. However, his distribution lets him down drastically. 

That. And regrettably, his inability to command his box, particularly from crosses.

We are lucky to have him, but for anyone wondering why he’s not moved on to a ‘bigger’ club, there are your reasons.

He's a legend for us and is the best quality keeper we could possibly get (even with our lofty position). 

Baffling he isn't appreciated more but hopefully his behind closed doors form will make some realise his value to the club

I think his distribution stuff is because he is more adventurous than the normal goalkeeper. If you're knocking it to a CB 10m away then it's super easy. Look at the attempted quick outfield ball in the first half yesterday (can't remember who was on the end of it, I think Perez)...takes the ball romr a corner and pings the ball almost perfectly to put Perez in. Counts as a failed pass but it's such a useful weapon when it works.

Currently the best keeper in the Premier League..Better than Edison,Allison,lloris,Pickford,Henderson,de Gea..Where did he get that punched clearance against Crystal Palace ? ..his been keeping that hidden in his locker..landed 5 yards outside the box

Edited by drofmor55

He's a tournament & big game don. Champions League nights he stepped up and was tied with Handanovic for best goalie of the '18 World Cup(Lloris overrated imo)

Consistency has improved with age and has grown into the leadership role albeit I think we'd be better off with a defensive/midfield captain.

Certainly far surpassed hero status, guys been here since Sven. Longest standing player now? Gotta love him

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bert said:

Yeah but he sometimes kicks the ball out so we need a new keeper :rolleyes:

its more the 4 or 5 times a game he makes a shit kick right down the middle of the pitch to their midfielders that puts us back under pressure straight away people have a problem with.

You can mock all you like over it but its a much bigger part of a keepers game and every bit as vital as shot stopping if you are playing a possession game, Kasper NEEDS to improve this massively or yes the club will need to replace him, its not the biggest priority we have but its still something that needs addressing either by Kasper improving or signing a replacement.

No player is irreplaceable and no player should be immune if it improves the team

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

its more the 4 or 5 times a game he makes a shit kick right down the middle of the pitch to their midfielders that puts us back under pressure straight away people have a problem with.

You can mock all you like over it but its a much bigger part of a keepers game and every bit as vital as shot stopping if you are playing a possession game, Kasper NEEDS to improve this massively or yes the club will need to replace him, its not the biggest priority we have but its still something that needs addressing either by Kasper improving or signing a replacement.

No player is irreplaceable and no player should be immune if it improves the team

lol get out of it. Embarrassing. Every bit as vital. Piss off. 

Bring back Ben Hamer 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bert said:

lol get out of it. Embarrassing. Every bit as vital. Piss off. 

Bring back Ben Hamer 

ask Klopp and Pep why they spent shit loads on top keepers then, it is vital if you want to play a possession game, we have other priorities but that doesn't mean its not an issue

9 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

In my days of viewing us (from late 80s) only Flowers comes close really. Leicester legend. X 

EDIT: And Pooley obvs. 

Always enjoyed Mark Wallington who was there for the start of my LCFC journey but Poole for a shortie was immense. That said, still place Kasper above them all.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sydney_Blue said:

Always enjoyed Mark Wallington who was there for the start of my LCFC journey but Poole for a shortie was immense. That said, still place Kasper above them all.

Yeah Wallington probably on a level with Kasper but I don’t remember him. Just looking through the list and we’ve had some shockers in the past 20 years or so. 

Edited by RumbleFox