Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Brighton Match Thread

1 minute ago, Kitchandro said:

Puel should should just pass his earnings onto Vardy because he is the only reason he still has this job. Saves his neck time and time again.

But he hasn’t scored or played particularly well for a long time…. And I’m one of his greatest fans… 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Raw Dykes said:

I've also made a comparison to any other job.

I don't have to prove Maddison got sent off on purpose. I don't even think he would ever dream of getting sent off on purpose. That's not even the point I'm making. Maybe this is above your head.

I'll spell it out for you. What I'm saying is this - maybe the players don't make much effort not to get sent off because they know their manager is soft as shite and they know there'll be no punishment from him.

Maybe the lack of discipline shown by the players is a result of the lack of discipline shown to them by their boss. What on Earth makes you question that?

Stick your attitude and answer me this: have you had a job where people get away with more than they do in another job you've had?

The punishment is not being able to play football, letting down your teammates and fans......

I mean, you don't even have any proof that Puel is soft on them so really not sure why you're still going down this path. 

2 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Puel should should just pass his earnings onto Vardy because he is the only reason he still has this job. Saves his neck time and time again.

This is the Vardy who's missed half a dozen gilt-edged chances this season?

3 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

By that reckoning, every manager should give their leading striker their wages then?

2 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

The punishment is not being able to play football, letting down your teammates and fans......

I mean, you don't even have any proof that Puel is soft on them so really not sure why you're still going down this path. 

I think your mind is suffering a repetitive strain injury,no I have no proof of that before you ask! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Look at vardys wifes tweets

Morgan yet to be offered a new contract

Over sized playing squad

Disillusioned players not getting in the squad  

You're right though I'm sure they all very content with the bloke in charge of them decisions

Those tweets tell quite a story though and partly show some of the reasons why Puel, as a new broom and hatchet man was perhaps employed with some difficult tasks and dirty work in mind. Hatchet men are never popular but sometimes they are just what's needed to revive a dying business. 

Morgan and a new contract is perhaps 50-50. There is an oversized playing squad and some of those understandably disallusioned players were poor buys and just not up to it. Some may even be trouble makers. Puel managed to get rid of some on loan or otherwise this summer. There'll be another clear out this summer. This doesn't make for a happy camp but it undoubtedly urgently needed doing. The club is always bigger than the players and if they don't or won't conform it's time to get rid whoever they are.