Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Silva Fox

Danny Drinkwater

1 minute ago, Heymister2015 said:

The rules of players jumping ship should be to close the door firmly shut! Had no respect for us and rubbish in his last season! Terrible business from Leicester if true 

No it shouldn't. He wasn't rubbish for us in his last season at all. He went to a bigger club, that's all.

Get him back. He actually goes forward.

• Like 3

Maybe it’s just me but I can’t think of so many reasons this would be a bad idea -

Hes been carrying a hip problem since we sold him and is unlikely to fully recover from.

Barely played any competitive football for 18 months and will be shot of confidence and out of shape, that’s going to lead to those short simple passes in the wrong direction that we already have to much of.

We’ve spent the last two years talking about dismantling the old guard and now we’re putting it back together?

Chelsea will do their upmost to rip us off to try and recover the majority of the ridiculous fee they paid for him in the first place.

Not to mention he jumped ship at the first opportunity, we shouldn’t go back the same applies for those calling for Pearson, as I recall he wasn’t particularly respectful when forcing his move through.

Was I dissapointed when he left? Yes. Do I want him back? No. I’d much rather we were looking at someone like Gross from Brighton.

13 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I don't think Puel would suggest this for one second. I think if we're in talks with DD we might well be making moves in the managerial department too. Might be very wrong but Puel shifting back to a key member of the old guard, whilst he's trying to clear out seems odd.

Maybe it's a ploy to win some of the fans back over and get them on the Puel bandwagon!

Let’s not take the piss now. Drinky is miles ahead of Mendy and N’didi, even when he hasn’t played, and frankly Puel hasn’t got a choice, we’ve got a recruitment team and a DOF, whom would go ahead and sign him anyway. 

Our central midfield is poor, Mendy and N’didi don’t have enough qualities to play together, they’re very individual and frankly pretty ordinary. I’d welcome drinky back with open arms! 

Edited by La-li-lu-le-lo
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

Let’s not take the piss now. Drinky is miles ahead of Mendy and N’didi, even when he hasn’t played, and frankly Puel hasn’t got a choice, we’ve got a recruitment team and a DOF, whom would go ahead and sign him anyway. 

Our central midfield is poor, Mendy and N’didi don’t have enough qualities to play together, they’re very individual and frankly pretty ordinary. I’d welcome drinky back with open arms! 

No. Maybe 3 years ago. 

Edited by ROB-THE-BLUE

7 minutes ago, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

You're comparing apples with oranges. Completely different types of midfielders. I'd welcome 2015/16 Drinky back with open arms but he's done nothing in the last 18 months to suggest he isn't finished.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier

3 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

No. Maybe 3 years ago. 

Don’t be silly, you’re speaking as if he is his late 30’s..... He is still quality and will still be training to a high level, playing with far superior players too. N’didi and Mendy are average, completely and utterly average. N’didi is worth hanging onto because of his age and defensive capabilities, however, Mendy is another passenger, Drinkwater and N’didi would be a better partnership than him and Mendy. For me it’s a complete no brainier. 

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

You're comparing apples with oranges. Completely different types of midfielders. I'd welcome 2015/16 Drinky back with open arms but he's done nothing in the last 18 months to suggest he isn't finished.

He’s twenty pissing eight...... he won’t have diminished in ability that much, what are you expecting? For him to turn up in his shit stained underpants, dribbling holding a tennis racket? 

• Haha 4