Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
gw_leics772

Brexit - Has anybody actually changed their minds?

2 hours ago, The Guvnor said:

I voted leave. This was to take back control of our Laws, Money and Borders, and by definition that would mean being out of the Customs Union and the Single Market.

The problem is this Government have ballsed up any deal which aligns with my vote, hardly surprising really as they never believed in that type of seperation.

Labour want to stay in a Custom Union and the Single Market so that's a no from me, so it is extremely difficult to see how my Leave vote can be honoured  unless we just wave goodbye and go to WTO. There doesn't seem to be any real prospect of this happening so I am finding myself completely disenfranchised  with the whole process.

If there was another vote I would still vote to leave but only if there was an option to leave as in WTO conditions, that seems highly unlikely even though I sincerely believe it would not be as bad as some would have you believe.

So have I changed my mind, No do I believe there will be a deal which aligns with my vote  No. So as  I said I am becoming completely disenfranchised with the whole thing.

This is what worries me the most. Because there are people waiting to use this sentiment for their own power. It's happened time and time again in Europe. People can turn that disenfranchisement into anger and that anger into votes and those votes into power and anyone who bases their political platform on mainly on anger is dangerous indeed.

• Like 1

Voted Remain, would probably vote Remain again but I'm more sceptical of the EU administration than I was before June 2016.

Good topic by the way and interesting to read all of the varying differences in opinion.

Edited by Nalis

I voted leave and I can say I’m 50/50 as to what I would vote now. 

As much as I’m not overly keen on her May is stuck between a rock and a hard place.

The EU has/will make an example of the Uk, so that other nations won’t jump ship and potentially stop ties with the European Union (which does have some positives and negatives)

Theresa May should get them to bend on some rules, but they still hold the power with regards on what deal we have been left with.

They hold the cards and the Uk still trying to get a half decent hand to come back to Parliament with.

As we have seen the negotiations have been long, exhausting to listen to, and I can’t say many politicians have covered themselves in glory, as I’m unsure if they want what’s best for the UK or what’s best for their own careers.

So to sum up I really would be un sure what I would vote now, but the decision is made and I hope the country pulls together.

And divisions and petty arguments among political party’s stop (wishful thinking) 

Edited by steflcfc

Haven't changed my mind. Perhaps viewing it from outside the UK gives you a different slant on it, but right from the start I felt Brexit would not go ahead.

The options are narrowing, and I think this will lead to another referendum, where the vote will be to remain in the EU.

6 minutes ago, Mayofox said:

Haven't changed my mind. Perhaps viewing it from outside the UK gives you a different slant on it, but right from the start I felt Brexit would not go ahead.

The options are narrowing, and I think this will lead to another referendum, where the vote will be to remain in the EU.

So you don't believe in democracy then Paddy ?

Just now, RODNEY FERNIO said:

The Dutch and the Irish … poorer countries have benefited enormously from being in the EC .. we haven't .

Ok my comments are probably OTT … but their sarcastic comments has irked me.  

Sweeping generalisations are usually my bag, but probably the wrong thread! 

?

I'm hearing far too much about this MP wants to leave and this one wants to remain and this want wants a no deal. Itseems wrong that it is down to what the mps want, the MPs should find out what their constituents want and fight for that. They are simply representatives they are not the only few with a say.

20 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

The Dutch and the Irish … poorer countries have benefited enormously from being in the EC .. we haven't .

Ok my comments are probably OTT … but their sarcastic comments has irked me.  

Where is the sarcasm in what he said?

40 minutes ago, Mayofox said:

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

This is what worries me the most. Because there are people waiting to use this sentiment for their own power. It's happened time and time again in Europe. People can turn that disenfranchisement into anger and that anger into votes and those votes into power and anyone who bases their political platform on mainly on anger is dangerous indeed.

What!