Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mo-rima

Hamza

19 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Hamza will be fine. If Wilf has an excellent season he'll likely be snapped up and Hamza will be ready to step in.

No shame in being Wilf's understudy for now.

And who actively wants more than 1 DM in a team? Are you Italian @Analysethis

we had 3 at one point with Puel… :ph34r:

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Cameron Davidson said:

We beat Chelsea and Man City with 3 DM's... 

And honestly if we played the same line up against Man City in the 2nd to last game, we'd have got something for it. 

3 DM's totally smashes their passing rhythm. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

And honestly if we played the same line up against Man City in the 2nd to last game, we'd have got something for it. 

3 DM's totally smashes their passing rhythm. 

It also smashes our chance creation!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

It also smashes our chance creation!

I'm only advocating it for sides like Man City or Barcelona. Pass masters. 

And as I said before, we still beat them and Chelsea with that team. Yes it puts strain on the top 3 players to make stuff happen for us to score on a counter. But if we can prevent them from scoring then we have a chance to get something. And Puel somehow managed to do it, twice. 

4 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

And who actively wants more than 1 DM in a team? 

4 hours ago, Cameron Davidson said:

3 hours ago, LC/FC said:

2/3 CDMs at home to bottom half teams was a touch overkill

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Oh definitely pointless against lesser teams but against the bigger sides it could be a plan C or something at least. 

Utterly stop them at every turn from building up play and then hopefully some magic comes of it as they get stretched and pressed. Something quite Italian about it. And I don't mind a bit of Italian tactics. 

45 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

In fairness, we won the games against Chelsea and Man city with the 3 defensive mids then changed back to the usual 2 and lost at home to Cardiff. We then changed back to the 3 away at Everton and won again. If he'd have gone back to the midfield 2 and we'd lost again he'd have been slaughtered. 

3 minutes ago, Billy Big Balls said:

In fairness, we won the games against Chelsea and Man city with the 3 defensive mids then changed back to the usual 2 and lost at home to Cardiff. We then changed back to the 3 away at Everton and won again. If he'd have gone back to the midfield 2 and we'd lost again he'd have been slaughtered. 

Then a couple of weeks later he started 3 CDMs - Ndidi, Mendy, Hamza - at home to Southampton, who were in the relegation zone.

There just wasn't much clarity to selections, sadly.

3 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Then a couple of weeks later he started 3 CDMs - Ndidi, Mendy, Hamza - at home to Southampton, who were in the relegation zone.

There just wasn't much clarity to selections, sadly.

The Southampton game was the one after the Everton game (my fault for not clarifying that). We also lost to Wolves the game after Southampton when we went back to the 2. For the record, I wouldn't have done it either but you can't really blame him when we won 3/4 games before the Southampton game playing 3 DMs and lost the one game inbetween at home against Cardiff with 2 DMs. 

4 hours ago, Foxxed said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Hamza challenges Ndidi in some matches and not just against the top six. His superior passing would be much more useful than Ndidi's tackling against bus parkers.

Not sure we properly appreciate the job Wilf does. I think we would definitely notice the difference defensively, and I don't need to be watching us dig out of a hole playing against teams that like to park it. Y'know, like we watched last season. Tho I would love to see Hamza shut me up by proving himself capable of handling such a role. 

Incidentally, Wilf is one of the many players who improved on the ball under Claude. Definitely more confident on the ball, more ready to participate in build up, more likely to make a good decision on the ball. I think we forget how young he is, and we sort of assume that he is a finished product. IDK, I def noticed him improve on the ball last season, just like a bunch of our players. Hopefully he can continue improving for us.

• Like 3

On 25/07/2019 at 16:47, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Hamza will be fine. If Wilf has an excellent season he'll likely be snapped up and Hamza will be ready to step in.

LOL mate not quite but apart from Man City who seem to get away with no defensive midfielders at times (when Fernandinho is banned or injured) everyone else needs two, especially when most seem to want to play three attacking players these days. Lets not forget we had Drinkwater and Kante when we won the league a couple of seasons ago. To me, playing two holding midfielders allows the Tielemans and whoever the front three are to attack knowing they have cover, and it also lets Chilwell and Riccardo bomb on.

On 25/07/2019 at 16:36, Meat and 2 veg said:

Get out

Good old Gareth Southgate has a team of decent attackers and wingers but is starved of someone who can link play up and play through balls in more central positions. He has one in Maddison but somehow he is saying that Madders doesnt fit in the system and the way England play. Some managers may be stuck in a certain way, I hope Brendan isnt as reported because Hamza needs to play IMO.

20 hours ago, vanity said:

Not sure we properly appreciate the job Wilf does. I think we would definitely notice the difference defensively, and I don't need to be watching us dig out of a hole playing against teams that like to park it. Y'know, like we watched last season. Tho I would love to see Hamza shut me up by proving himself capable of handling such a role. 

Incidentally, Wilf is one of the many players who improved on the ball under Claude. Definitely more confident on the ball, more ready to participate in build up, more likely to make a good decision on the ball. I think we forget how young he is, and we sort of assume that he is a finished product. IDK, I def noticed him improve on the ball last season, just like a bunch of our players. Hopefully he can continue improving for us.

I was having an argument with a Man U fan earlier about how we will do this season. I was explaining the difference in our performances under Puel and Rodgers and used the Bournemouth home game as an example. I was at the game that day and the second half might be the best I've ever seen Leicester play (including 'that' season). It was that good that I went home and watched the second half again! 

Anyway, Ndidi won man of the match that day and put in one of the most dominent defensive performances I've seen of any player. I don't have the stats but I remember it being something along the lines of 10 tackles 10 interceptions 100% ariel duels won etc. I also remember a standing ovation when he broke up 2 back to back counter attacks single-handedly from positions that should've resulted in big chances. 

We absolutely battered Bournemouth that day and Ndidi was the key to it. His defensive solidity was the foundation that allowed Madders, Tielemans, Barnes et al to do their magic. Ndidi has his down sides but him being able to do the defensive work of 2 players allows our other players to play freely. As good as Choudhury is, he's not Ndidi. Not having Wilf in the team would significantly weaken us IMO. 

• Like 1

On 25/07/2019 at 22:47, ian_marshall said:

I'd love to see a 50/50 challenge involving Hamza and Fernandinho, would be like a modern day slightly watered down version of Keane vs. Vieira. 

Physically, Hamza would win every time but the reality is Fernandinho doesn't ever get into a position to be tackled, seems like he passes the ball before he even receives it

On 25/07/2019 at 16:47, Arriba Los Zorros said:

It depends on your formation and who you're playing. There's a lot of top European as well as in England that employ that tactic. It's about having options and not slavishly following the crowd or strict systems. It can change due to circumstances in one single match.

On 26/07/2019 at 19:29, Analysethis said:

Good old Gareth Southgate has a team of decent attackers and wingers but is starved of someone who can link play up and play through balls in more central positions. He has one in Maddison but somehow he is saying that Madders doesnt fit in the system and the way England play. Some managers may be stuck in a certain way, I hope Brendan isnt as reported because Hamza needs to play IMO.

And he will. Brendan looks to be creating different team formations to counter the opposition., and the capability to switch during the game. About bloody time!

So maybe 2 DM away against the 'big' teams, 1 DM at home, switching to 2 when NachoVardy puts us 2 up.

COYB

9 hours ago, FoxFossil said:

And he will. Brendan looks to be creating different team formations to counter the opposition., and the capability to switch during the game. About bloody time!

So maybe 2 DM away against the 'big' teams, 1 DM at home, switching to 2 when NachoVardy puts us 2 up.

COYB

I cant see any circumstance where he starts two up front to be honest. We have too many attacking players who will play around one striker whoever it is.

On tactics, Brendan may have a few ideas and he would have learned a bit from his first pre-season with the lads but from memory he didnt start two defensive midfielders in any of the games we have played so far. Anyway, I have waffled on enough on Hamza but the long and short of it is that I hope he gets loads of game time.