Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mo-rima

Hamza

On 26/07/2019 at 00:48, LC/FC said:

We beat Chelsea and Man City with 3 DM's... 

And honestly if we played the same line up against Man City in the 2nd to last game, we'd have got something for it. 

3 DM's totally smashes their passing rhythm. 

Against the top sides it is a good tactic to use.

However any of the other 14 or so teams in the league we can play with 1 DM. I genuinely think our side is good enough to compete against any team in the league this season. 

He works well with our high press nature which we saw a lot of yesterday and it affected Atalanta. Good at winning the ball back and also those cynical fouls to break up play. Could lead to giving away free kicks in dangerous places but more often than not he's the kind of irritating player you like on your team but hate on others. 

Not to mention that he's an absolute engine for the amount of work he puts in. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

I’ve started nick naming him ‘Ron’ (Jeremy) because of the amount of times he brings out his big tackle!

Love watching him play!

My wife calls him Sergeant Hair...  (Captain hair is already taken of course... (Colin Mochrie))

4 hours ago, TK95 said:

Bin the clappers and give us all a free Hamza wig every game. I'd be quite happy lol

No-one would see the game unless sat on the front row lol

he’s certainly challenging ndidi. For me Hamza gives me more confidence when  he’s on the ball and seems to cover ground quicker than Wilf. Should start against wolves imo

Edited by Fox seen in Norwich
  • Haha 2

Hamza has had a solid pre-season, but I get the feeling he will concede more fouls than Wilf, who you have to say is one of the best tacklers in the league along with Kante.

Hamza would probably do a better job pressing in the Rodgers system. And in terms of passing there's not much difference so it's quite hard to pick between them. Good problem to have though!

16 minutes ago, Lestoh said:

Don’t think he’s at the point of replacing Ndidi in the starting 11 yet, but playing them together sat in front of the back line when we need to grind out a narrow lead is looking like a solid option

I think he's better than that. His passing his accurate and constructive - remember the ball to Kelechi in the game against Man C - and he seldom gives the ball away. With tacklers like Hamza and Wilf,  screening our defence and enabling our terrific full-backs to get forward, and Maddison and Tielemans to give us creativity, we have a fine balance.

By joining the group late after the u21s you would imagine Hamza would be blowing against Atlanta but he was running around like a man possessed late in the game.

He has fast become my favourite player and I think if he gets to play at least 3/4s of our games this season he could even get an International call up. I hope Brendan can give him the confidence to add to his game because he seems to be a really crisp passer of the ball but would need to get a little more adventurous in his passing and not just play it safe. I say that as I think he is capable.

Thought he had potential and he has starred in some games for us against big teams but now he is really settling in alongside our other midfield players and his work rate is right up there.

He will concede fouls as he learns but he is improving at a frightening rate.

1 hour ago, Haywood_6 said:

Hamza has had a solid pre-season, but I get the feeling he will concede more fouls than Wilf, who you have to say is one of the best tacklers in the league along with Kante.

Hamza would probably do a better job pressing in the Rodgers system. And in terms of passing there's not much difference so it's quite hard to pick between them. Good problem to have though!

There's a hell of a lot of difference. N'Didi's major fault imho is that he thinks slowly, he needs time on the ball to get it away to a player, he needs space in order to receive the ball. Hamza doesn't. He is a one touch king of cool. Yes he sometimes gives the ball away but he is a far better passer and far better on the ball than N'Didi.

They are both great tacklers - though in a very different manner. They both press extremely well but Hamza presses higher and for longer and all over the park.

N'Didi is better as an offensive threat in the box. He gets his head to a lot of balls and is a threat to score which Hamza isn't, from corners. In fact N'Didi will need to step this part of his game up with Maguire leaving. His heading ability will be important in both boxes.

I don't think it would be negative to play both N'Didi and Hamza along with Tielemans and Maddison (dropping Albrighton).

1 hour ago, FIF said:

There's a hell of a lot of difference. N'Didi's major fault imho is that he thinks slowly, he needs time on the ball to get it away to a player, he needs space in order to receive the ball. Hamza doesn't. He is a one touch king of cool. Yes he sometimes gives the ball away but he is a far better passer and far better on the ball than N'Didi.

They are both great tacklers - though in a very different manner. They both press extremely well but Hamza presses higher and for longer and all over the park.

N'Didi is better as an offensive threat in the box. He gets his head to a lot of balls and is a threat to score which Hamza isn't, from corners. In fact N'Didi will need to step this part of his game up with Maguire leaving. His heading ability will be important in both boxes.

I don't think it would be negative to play both N'Didi and Hamza along with Tielemans and Maddison (dropping Albrighton).

He’s a lot quicker to kill an attack as well. Spots the danger.

Edited by yorkie1999

17 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Bet have a bet on him getting an England cap before the end of the season.  X

He may well get one but he won't be able to wear it.

Seriously though I'm trying to think of who his competition is - Henderson, Dier (Hopefully nowhere near a squad in futue), Delph, Longstaff,  Winks, can't remember who else. Although his u-21 tournament was overall negative I thought he was doing well until the card.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, Houdini Logic said:

Just found this and I couldn't see it posted anywhere. Got to love Vardy :wub:

Choudhury is now a first-team regular at the age of just 21 but there was a time, after featuring intermittently in the first-team, when he didn't quite know whether he belonged in the senior squad or with the under-23s.

"I had just played my second game and he (Vardy) just walked into our reserve team dressing room one day, took all my stuff off its peg and carried it in to the first-team changing room. I didn't think I had earned it. But he just grabbed my clothes and walked off."

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hamza-choudhury-reveals-classy-way-3322359

He's had his issues in the past but the bloke is a superb professional these days :wub: